The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Build For The Dread

UltimateNinjaWarrior

Question

17 answers to this question

Stop making these threads in general discussion board. They belong to players helping players section.

Also, there are dozens of threads in players helping player section already with the answer to your question.

Stop making these threads in general discussion board. They belong to players helping players section.

Also, there are dozens of threads in players helping player section already with the answer to your question.

inb4 being moved

My build with 3 formas:

Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Piercing Caliber, Piercing Hit or Critical Delay, Speed Trigger, Hammer Shot.

Piercing Caliber on Dread...?

Serration / Split Chamber / Point Strike / Vital Sense

Fanged Fusilade / Speed Trigger / 2element combo

I run with Ash + Seeking Shuriken for maximum Slash dmg benefit

Kc0jT9W.jpg

I feel like I could probably get more DPS out of it. I love the split chamber + heavy caliber for killing multiple enemies at once. Some people say you shouldn't run heavy cal because bows should be accurate but when you have a high fire rate like the Dread a wider spread of 2 arrows with all that punchthrough can do some serious damage.

Heavy Caliber replaces Fanged Fusillade, not an elemental mod. 2 elemental mods are staple on every weapon build.

*edit*

I get what you're saying, I can't believe I missed that before. Derp

Edited by Stratospherius

Yeah, except that Fanged Fusillade=more slash damage, and the Dread's slash proc is insanely lethal.

Adding Fanged Fusillade doesn't make the slash damage proc deal more damage, it only makes it happen more often compared to impact or puncture procs, which don't happen that often in the first place.

Slash damage, like all physical and single element damage types, loses to combo elements.

Inb4 move...

Any crit build...

It hasn't been moved yet...

I would go with the standard serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense and elemental combo, plus speed trigger. I'd slap on heavy caliber if you're aiming for a medium range build, but otherwise I would go with fanged fusillade or vile acceleration.

Edited by TheKingOfAllNoobs

I'm surprised there are so many Heavy Caliber users, back in the day you were considered quite an idiot for using it on bows; glad to see we have become a bit more flexible.

no reason to use it at all  it is just not worth it 

Edited by SlapClown

This is what I work with on my Dread: http://goo.gl/uyaJXO

I'm on the no-Heavy-Cal side of things, but that's just due to my playstyle, rather than thinking H-Cal on a bow is outright wrong. I like to go for the headshots, and rely on two crit arrows to the head to drop heavies. I also tend to wear Corrosive Projection heading into a mission against armored units, so the damage reduction is offset a little.