The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best T4 Melee Only Weapon And Build?

(PSN)Ded1

Question

11 answers to this question

Scindo Prime is better than Galatine, mathematically speaking. Practically speaking the difference is hard to appreciate, and since, aesthetically speaking, I like Galatine better that tends to be the one I run with. 

Dragon Nikana is a pretty cool guy as well, and my most used weapon (by 44%). 

Orthos Prime is pretty competent, but I find its' stances really uninspired and am kind of waiting for it to get a new stance before I start making a dedicated build for it. 

Dakra or Prisma Skana with Crimson Dervish are very powerful on paper, but I find the limited range and clunky moveset to be a turn-off when I have to actually use the weapon. Again, a better stance would make either of these weapons quite powerful. 

Edited by Acos

If you want to go Melee only, garb Dakra Prime (Dragon Nikana works too) and Excalibur with max Power efficiency build.

Grab a couple of energy restores and Health restores as a backup and you are all set.

Scindo Prime works quite well in t4 with a Berserk build. Galatine is fine too but it is a bit slower since it does not have Crit chance high enough to go Berserk build.

The usual build of damage/crit and an unranked Lifesteal with the proper frame set up will work, although most high crit chance weapons are the ones at the forefront of melee building, those that have that and high stagger values are even better. For example, an Ice Chroma with a Berserker Scindo Prime or Dragon Nikana would work wonders. Invisibility Loki, God mode Trin, Super Excal, etc can get you really far into endless modes.

The usual build of damage/crit and an unranked Lifesteal with the proper frame set up will work, although most high crit chance weapons are the ones at the forefront of melee building, those that have that and high stagger values are even better. For example, an Ice Chroma with a Berserker Scindo Prime or Dragon Nikana would work wonders. Invisibility Loki, God mode Trin, Super Excal, etc can get you really far into endless modes.

On t4 Invis loki struggles a bit due to Nullifiers. However you can kinda fix that by having ranged weapon as back-up.Same goes for Trinity.

Excal can damage bubbles with his blade waves and Chroma is tanky enough to get in kill the nullifier and get out.

Scindo P + Tempo Royale is the best melee weapon in my opinion and the most viable for 60 minutes T4 Survival solo runs.

People say Scindo Prime, but I couldn't make it work. Too slow I guess..

I use both Fury and Berserker on my Scindo P. You lose some damage but it no longer feels slow at all.

The question we may have failed to ask OP: What frame are you using? Depending on the frame, you can go some crazy stuff melee only.

Invisibility frames like Ash and Loki can get away with possibly using the Glaive/Glaive Prime for the invisible explosive AoE (4x multiplier makes it go kinda far) and the ranged melee helps deal with nullifiers a bit. Blinding frames like Excal and Mirage can get away with similar feats, but the nullifiers ignore the blind - so that strategy may not be as effective.

You could try using Jat Kittag's ground slam to ragdoll enemies and use ground finishers to take heavies and nullifiers. It also has a great range, which lets you slide attack through a nullifier bubble and sweep everything inside the bubble (Galatine, Scindo Prime, and Orthos Prime can perform similarly). For mobilitiy on heavy melee, rely more on the air-directional melee instead of coptering. Once U17 hits, the mobility is definitely going to change in favor of heavy melee, giving more diversity on what you use.

Dual Ichors have kinda low range, but the damage type, crit chance, and status chance can allow a berserker build that can strip away layers of armor fast - but if your chosen frame has an option to open heavily armored enemies up to melee finishers (Excal's Blind, Valkyr's Paralysis, etc.) use those instead.

Just like any other combat option (automatic guns, semi-auto guns, beam weapons, DPS frame skills, etc.) the spray-n-pray/hack-n-slash/wild playstyle will only get you so far. Check for stances that get decent headshots (Scindo Prime and Galatine with Tempo Royale, Jat Kittag with either stance) or has great damage multipliers (Dakra Prime with Crimson Dervish).

Most of all, however, find a melee that fits your playstyle, and have fun!

nobody love the shotgun melee weapon , aka my precious Redeemer?

+1   I don't know why i have not made one to use I think you might be on to something ..Should fun to use with my press 2&3 2win Valkry  build 

Edited by SlapClown

For cazy long runs it's simple- scindo p cooperate perfect with valkyr, valkyr fix only problem of scindo p.

Don't forget about unusual builds on both-think different than normaly.

advice- event stance for scindo and augement mod for valkyr

Rest try to find by your self, it's not fun to use someone idea!!