Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Simple Suggestion: Give Projectile Base Weapons Automatic Reload

Tenderdm

Aside from giving the corpus projectile base weapons more damage, there isn't much one can do to give them advantage compare to hit scan weapons (while maintain their uniqueness). So I suggest give most of them (or all of them) automatic reload similar to archwing primary weapons, may be a bit slower. 

Reload can also be done, but only if the magazine is empty that it will give faster ammo replenish. (ex.: auto reload from empty to full take 5 sec, reload take 4sec)

2nd thing is give projectile base weapon almost zero recoil, (or just increase the recoil of hit scan weapon) so that they can be very accurate.

That's all, love it? hate it? If not what else can be done to give each weapon more character? Lets discuss. 

Edited by Tenderdm

I disagree with the idea of regenerating ammunition on regular weapons.

Suddenly, mag size is no longer a factor. You can no longer be caught out trying to reload. You no longer have a potential period of vulnerability. That's half the point of having reloads.

What would be nice is for it to automatically trigger a reload when your mag runs out. I'm so used to it happening in other games and it throws me off so much in this one when it just doesn't happen until I click.

Suddenly, mag size is no longer a factor. You can no longer be caught out trying to reload. You no longer have a potential period of vulnerability. That's half the point of having reloads.

Suddenly, energy weapons have more distinctive qualities compared to standard hitscan. You can be caught out with no charge left in your gun, having to wait for the battery or have your RoF slowed to a crawl or possibly vent overheat. I see no problem with this, it just changes the nature of the vulnerability period.

OP: I think you mean energy weapons, not projectile weapons. This should happen for Corpus ones, but not for weapons like Bolto, which are projectile but not energy.

Edited by FelisImpurrator

What would be nice is for it to automatically trigger a reload when your mag runs out. I'm so used to it happening in other games and it throws me off so much in this one when it just doesn't happen until I click.

Can see what you mean, but there is technically still a magazine limitation with the overheat mechanic. The Imperator is a good example.

To OP, we have a recoil-less, non-hitscan projectile Corpus weapon already in the shape of the Dera. I think it's a great weapon, and unique in its own right. The same can be said of things like the Supra - the ridiculous spread and recoil make it what it is. Thankfully some changes are coming to address its more crippling downsides.

I agree the part where if mag size is no longer a factor it would be rather boring. That's why I said auto replenish in slower rate then those of archwing. 

How slow?may be 3 bullet/sec when not shooting, and 1 bullet/sec if it is shooting.

The bottom line is, if you shoot continuously you will run out of bullet almost the same time as manually reload weapon, and auto replenish take longer to reload full mag then manually reload.

So what the usage you say? The usage would be shoot and melee combination (tadada..). When you run out of bullet in the middle of the fight, you can go to quick melee and let the primary reload by itself, then you can melee again! (Awsome yes?)

Can see what you mean, but there is technically still a magazine limitation with the overheat mechanic.

I prefer overheat to ammo regeneration. The mechanics are similar but not quite the same.

With ammo regeneration, you just have to not run out. If you do, you wait for a static period for it to regenerate. With overheat, you have to control your fire more, and are punished or pay a price for unloading too fast.

Beam rifle style, y'know?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Suddenly, energy weapons have more distinctive qualities compared to standard hitscan. You can be caught out with no charge left in your gun, having to wait for the battery or have your RoF slowed to a crawl or possibly vent overheat. I see no problem with this, it just changes the nature of the vulnerability period.

OP: I think you mean energy weapons, not projectile weapons. This should happen for Corpus ones, but not for weapons like Bolto, which are projectile but not energy.

Thanks for pointing it out, actually I was thinking the same, so energy weapon is the correct term here? Do we consider Opticor and Ampex energy weapon? But I didn't think about giving them automatic reload would be a good idea..may be it is?

I was also thinking about overheat, but haven't figure out where it would fit in, may be in some very  fire .rate hit scan weapon? (thus dev can finally give up the ammo nerf....)

Thanks for pointing it out, actually I was thinking the same, so energy weapon is the correct term here? Do we consider Opticor and Ampex energy weapon? But I didn't think about giving them automatic reload would be a good idea..may be it is?

I was also thinking about overheat, but haven't figure out where it would fit in, may be in some very  fire .rate hit scan weapon? (thus dev can finally give up the ammo nerf....)

Yeah I'd guess Opticor and Amprex would classify. Anything that doesn't fire a conventional ballistic projectile.

Something needs to happen with the ammo system for sure. There are some weapons, like the Glaxion, that just do not work under the current iteration.

This is actually similar to what was planned for Mass Effect 2's weapons: Have a hybrid system that has magazines and ammo, but also lets your ammo counter regenerate if you don't use it for a while, like the original game. Which I would have loved, but it was never implemented. If we had something like that, completely running out of ammo in a mag would trigger the "overheat" animation but mechanically reload as normal, except with no maximum spare ammo - pool is bottomless, but you have to 'vent' the weapon if you go past its regular magazine size.