Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide And Air Kick Really Gone In U17?

Sannidor

I feel like I was paying enough attention but this eludes me.

What exactly will this new twirl replace? 

Will we be no longer able to dive kick? That would be awful. Sliding and shooting is also essential to gameplay. 

I love to use jump kick and reload weapon in mid air. 

I cheered for augment mod allowing ground slide to knock down enemies, will it never happen?

New parkour seem to be a step back from what we have now, beautiful wall run replaced by silly skipping, everyone will be a spidermen sticking to walls, defying gravity at all levels.

Please comfort me that air kick will stay or help me face harsh reality.

New parkour seem to be a step back from what we have now, beautiful wall run replaced by silly skipping, everyone will be a spidermen sticking to walls, defying gravity at all levels.

I'm not crazy about the aesthetics of the "wall-skipping" either, but it's definitely a technical improvement.

You will still be able to slide and to dive kick, don't worry^^

To initiate a Bulletjump (the "twirl" you were talking about") you need to be sliding and press jump (normally spacebar) 

Here a little link that shows the tutorial-section Rebecca demonstrated last Devstream:

https://youtu.be/mVKK95LBQbM?t=15m45s

edit:

to talk about the "what will it replace"-part:

It is one of the things that will allow is Tenno to move in a short amount of time (and in a straight line) to another position. It will probably be seen as a replacement for the current "coptering" here in the Forums, but since we will be able to combine this move with other movements it will be...just maybe...more "fun" in my opinion^^ But we shall wait and see how it works.

Edited by Fabpsi

Drop kicking is still there. Sliding is still there. What this replaces is the "Slide flip jump"- in addition to "slide flip jump" (now bullet jump) you no longer have to be in a sprinting slide, only crouching. I can see this being very useful as one may crouch behind cover, pinned down by gunfire, and rather than having to sprint/roll out like you do now in an attempt to get to a better position, you can completely, quickly, accurately launch yourself anywhere you want to go, giving you the advantage.

you can still air kick, you just cant do the initial slide then jump combo because its been improved with the new directional mobility "bullet jump"

and secondly, youre literally blowing this way out of proportion honestly. the absence of 1 mechanic (which is trail track wall running and not slide and air kick) doesnt outweigh the additions made for mobility. not trying to convince but to just put things in perspective here.

the only thing being removed is wall running for wall dashing.

i liked everything else but this. kinda wished wall running would have stayed but given like a time length for how long you can wall run. dont like the idea of having to tap space to get across a wall...