Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Prime Doodle

CowboySparkles

Well after setting up my tablet monitor again after a major PC upgrade (it took a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to get it to work with a new OS, let me tell you) I decided to do some Warframe fanart that I had been wanting to do for awhile.

And what better way to test out the new system then to doodle a Prime version of one of my favorite Warframes?

I would throw out some artsy mumbo-jumbo like, "Oh my inspiration was Venetian Carnivale and all of the intricate masks and lace" but really that only came as an afterthought once my silhouette started taking shape.

So let's just get right to the picture:

Silhouette (you can see I accidentally started sketching on this layer, whoops!)

ZUPUejg.png

And the rough sketch, which is as far as I've made it.

sI2W52c.png

I'll definitely come back to this and bring it to final painting, but I can't guarantee that it will be anytime before the weekend, so if you like it and want to see more... don't hold your breath.

Enjoy!

Thanks guys. :) I'll try to get this thing mostly inked tonight. I need to try out some new brushes! After that I'll either move it to final paint, or maybe translate it to full-body. I'm thinking that big puffy thing around her shoulders is a syandana. Imagine how majestic it'd look on Rhino...

While this looks great so far, the faceplate on the front there kinda makes me think of Trinity, actually.

You are absolutely right! The silhouette sketch started as an attempt at Trinity Prime, but as I was making the shape of the helmet, I felt it was more Mirage like and decided to go in that direction.

Once I have time to move it past the rough phase I'll be modifying the design to push it more towards a Mirage faceplate.