Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing The Ui To My Tastes

jfhsanseiIII

I've been pondering this for a long time and thought I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion.

The UI we have, specifically in missions, is static and unchangeable outside of the size of items. I'd like the freedom to change the location of items to suit my own personal tastes. DE has been quite good at moving things around at the request of the community, but why not make it much easier and let us move those elements around ourselves. There are small changes that'd be beneficial for me like moving the abilities and their timers below the target reticle so I can better follow timers because those four little dots just aren't cutting it. Also, the ability to adjust alpha as well. When I pull up the map I just need an idea of my location in relation to other things. Often it's a bit bright and intrusive. So alpha sliders for the different elements on screen would be a boon. Followed by the option to remove items we are shown like life support tanks, or all of the floors for multi-floored instances.

These are just a few of my ideas. If you have any positive or negative feedback lay it on me. Additional ideas are also more than welcom. The goal is to create a UI that is easily adaptable to each player's needs and desires.

Considering they are working on integrating Steam Workshop into the game somehow, I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if they maybe allowed you to do some modification to the UI at some point.

Though personally, I probably wouldn't do it because most player made custom UI's look like garbage... Though if you're just talking about rearranging the current UI elements, I'm all for that.

Edited by Ceryk

Considering they are working on integrating Steam Workshop into the game somehow, I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if they maybe allowed you to do some modification to the UI at some point.

Though personally, I probably wouldn't do it because most player made custom UI's look like garbage... Though if you're just talking about rearranging the current UI elements, I'm all for that.

For myself personally it's just reaaranging, resizing, and alpha adjustment that I'm interested in changing. If there are other elements that people want to give some 'pop' to then I'm not fussed. Like I told the another person the option to not change things is always there.

Also I agree player made custom UIs kind of terrify me sometimes as well.