Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Rework (U17 Megathread Rework)

[DE]Danielle

i have 2 questions for frost rework.

1. if i do the 1st skill to freeze a flying grinneer does he falling down and get damage/ shatter in pieces if the shatter chance allow?

2. if i stack 3 times the same globe and cast 2 other globes does the first globe disappear because of the max 4 globes or are stacked globes only counts as one globe but stacked for x times?

i would appreciate any research for this or answeres as well thank you.

my main frame is frost and i am playing on ps4 so we dont have U17 till yet

i have 2 questions for frost rework.

1. if i do the 1st skill to freeze a flying grinneer does he falling down and get damage/ shatter in pieces if the shatter chance allow?

2. if i stack 3 times the same globe and cast 2 other globes does the first globe disappear because of the max 4 globes or are stacked globes only counts as one globe but stacked for x times?

i would appreciate any research for this or answeres as well thank you.

my main frame is frost and i am playing on ps4 so we dont have U17 till yet

1. Yes  No, funnily it still doesn't. I just tested it in the Simulacrum against Arid and Frontier Hellions of level 20, 40 and 95. They didn't go down with any of Frost's abilities. They only fell down when they died on first impact in the air with the Freeze ability. This is very weird because I distinctly remember reading that now enemies were supposed to fall if they were in the air and were frozen by Frost's abilities. :/

2. No. You can stack as many as you want inside each other, thereby increasing the globe HP which is now shown as a % counter on the ability UI. Completely separate globes are limited to 4.

Edited by Sci_Ant

1. Yes  No, funnily it still doesn't. I just tested it in the Simulacrum against Arid and Frontier Hellions of level 20, 40 and 95. They didn't go down with any of Frost's abilities. They only fell down when they died on first impact in the air with the Freeze ability. This is very weird because I distinctly remember reading that now enemies were supposed to fall if they were in the air and were frozen by Frost's abilities. :/

2. No. You can stack as many as you want inside each other, thereby increasing the globe HP which is now shown as a % counter on the ability UI. Completely separate globes are limited to 4.

Found it right in the OP :

This thread will be used to discuss the following changes to Frost's abilities: 

• Frozen enemies will no longer be frozen in place; instead enemies will maintain their velocity and be susceptible to gravity/pushback.
  • Enemies that are frozen solid can be shattered by colliding with something if they are moving fast enough.

It distinctly says frozen enemies will be affected by gravity, then why aren't Hellions? :O

DE please see this and fix this problem.

Edited by Sci_Ant

if rhino can make ragdoll because of its first ability like qhysically right by ragdolling enemies why single shot of frosts ability doesnt let the enemy fall down? they submitted it from the first time. i see everytime like they were forced to get ragdoll by rhino why nor reality like that frozen enemies go down like stones because of the freeze? this has to be announced yet. it is descriped and i want this ability because itnis the elemental freeze. no kotorical functuon does work it would be one of the realistics of frosts abilities. if they nerved his repell of the snow globe by casting still let this realistic physic to his freeze. what the hell is wrong with de. they developed it and now a mate on pc looked it doesnt work? fix this. although it is not permanently that a grineer flies upon u. and a corpuss is flying? i say tough break? this was announced now fix it in the game that cant be!! really i like him like he is but if they anniunce it like qhysically right the god damn have to release it like this!!!!

i am for the falling of enemies from flying if they are freezed from frost and it doesnt matter hoe. if it was chillimg glone i say tough brake. they dont have to shatter anytimes this they can rework upon the cast but it should be like descriped and announced he will be able to freeze 100 percent to let flying enemies fall

i am for the falling of enemies from flying if they are freezed from frost and it doesnt matter hoe. if it was chillimg glone i say tough brake. they dont have to shatter anytimes this they can rework upon the cast but it should be like descriped and announced he will be able to freeze 100 percent to let flying enemies fall

sci ant. u are right it is big in the desciption of frost rework i wouldnt remind if it were not there. a little lew fix description would be great because we wanna know of in u17.1.4 they added or reduced some abilities! then it were no problem if he can stack every globe in the battlefoeld ot doesnt matter but DE only have to update the patches for frost. than it s no problem!! i am thinkin still about the qhysocally roght freezing flying enemies to ged damage if i freeze them although if they hit the ground. i would say reduce the snow globe shatter damage in walls for specific lvl caped enemies. like 50 percent for lvl 10-15 75percent, 20-25 65 percent 35-45 30 percent end above go n goooo. it is an idea to get a nerv though to frost but i want this promise to see for frost

f7FdEdG.jpg

Just tested on Corpus Drones and Ospreys level 95, they don't freeze upon casting Freeze and they don't freeze upon casting a Snow Globe or even an Avalanche on them.

Why are they exempt from being frozen by all of Frost's abilities? XD

f7FdEdG.jpg

Just tested on Corpus Drones and Ospreys level 95, they don't freeze upon casting Freeze and they don't freeze upon casting a Snow Globe or even an Avalanche on them.

if i knew why. xD i hope they will fix it. i think lvl 95 is the boss limit xD i saw bosses they only even had a lvl of 75 and were too badass for all of my Team. we needed hours to down it. but lvl 95 should be freezed at least they are no bosses. they should get been freeze and been repelled upon the cast from the snow globe

f7FdEdG.jpg

if i knew why. xD i hope they will fix it. i think lvl 95 is the boss limit xD i saw bosses they only even had a lvl of 75 and were too badass for all of my Team. we needed hours to down it. but lvl 95 should be freezed at least they are no bosses. they should get been freeze and been repelled upon the cast from the snow globe

f7FdEdG.jpg

I don't understand why there are so many complaints on this newly improved beast. The ice wave trajectory changed from single line to a cone path is perfect. The ice globe I see people complaining about it blocking fire path but you can just put the globes in a different location by casting 4 times. Maybe you should strategize where you place the globes instead of haphazardly spamming them. Freeze and Avalanche are awesome. You all should be thankful for the upgrades we got. Frost with a timer on the bubble was horrible because people just spammed bubbles, that is not how the warlord of ice should carry himself it defeats the purpose of all his other moves. What would have been cool is if frost's globe stayed attatched to him like it does for the Artic Eximus' then he would be perfect.

Edited by (XB1)Emperor x Tenzo

IceWave-Great for mass CC Cold proc, add in augment mod and you will have a room slowed down simaltaneously

Freeze-Works as advertised, the cold patch on floor needs to be more distinuishable but it's an excellent first skill.

Avalanche-10/10. Oh boy this thing got buffed

First it does great damage

What it doesn't kill is frozen for some period, seems to be affected by duration

Second if the frozen statues die they release an aoe cold proc slowing other things near them.

It's an excellent example of an Ultimate done right. No issues.

SnowGlobe-In a better place now, the no timer means we have great room to mod for it, however while it does show the % Health of the globe, this only applies to the most recent casted globe if you recast, you now display health of your new globe.

The Cap limit only works for globes not near casted globes, If you stand inside of a globe and cast snowglobe, it works just like the old Globe where it is consumed and has timer.

Overall, great work on frost.

Great break down and I totally agree. Also seems like duration effects the freeze to me I'll do more testing today later on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...