Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Was Your Best Trade

(PSN)drahkel

I used to give away Latron prime sets to new players who asked for help and played well ..

Both as a reward for kicking arse regardless of MR, and as an incentive to keep playing WF 'cause they'll add to our community.

Every one of those trades was my 'best trade'.

(but dumping Latron Prime and tightening up the drop tables has made rewarding new players in this way harder since prime weapons sets are more difficult to find, so now I can only give them aura's and the odd rare mod)

I used to give away Latron prime sets to new players who asked for help and played well ..

Both as a reward for kicking arse regardless of MR, and as an incentive to keep playing WF 'cause they'll add to our community.

(but dumping Latron Prime and tightening up the drop tables has made rewarding new players in this way harder since prime weapons sets are more difficult to find, so now I can only give them aura's and the odd rare mod)

+1 Respect

When Volt prime came out I was very fortunate in getting my volt prime within the first few runs. Then by the end of the day I got another full set and went to sell it through trade. Someone offered me 1000 plat for the whole thing and I was about to sell it, then another guy offered me 1200. I instigated a bidding war between the two of them and ended up walking away with around 2200 plat

The best way to get plat is still pitting two competitive buyers against each other

Someone in trade chat: WTB Heavy Caliber 2000 plat!!!!1

Me: I got unranked one

Someone: Great! I inv you!

Me: Wut? Well.. so how much are u offering? 

Someone: 2000p

Me: ...

Me: k

And then I got the 2000p with unranked heavy caliber. After that I felt dirty but then bought some happiness with that plat.

Bought post prime vault FROST PRIME parts for 60p total.

Bought soma prime parts for 25p total. Twice! Kept 1 and sold other for 100p + frost p helm

Bought Prosma Grakatas 60p each (4 times + one from trader) and sold every one for 150p

each.

1st kubrow was a lotus tall athletic sunika (all beige color) sold imprints for 100p when i first started a few months ago (MR 2 or 3ish) Not such a great deal but good for a naturally invis lotus pattern.

That's pretty awesome!

It wouldn't be a bad idea to stock up on basic mods like Intensify, Continuity, and Streamline and give those out to newer players.

Although they're just mods, they would mean a lot to newer players who could really get some use out of them. 

Someone in trade chat: WTB Heavy Caliber 2000 plat!!!!1

Me: I got unranked one

Someone: Great! I inv you!

Me: Wut? Well.. so how much are u offering? 

Someone: 2000p

Me: ...

Me: k

And then I got the 2000p with unranked heavy caliber. After that I felt dirty but then bought some happiness with that plat.

Profit numbs the feeling.

For me, the best trades are the fairest ones. But my "best" as in most profitable / most guilty trade was probably when I sold a bunch of ancient fusion cores for platinum. The guy wanted to collect every kind of ancient core, and I had a bunch that he didn't have, since I had lots of old mods in the old system, and I traded a bunch to him for 1k plat. Like, I think about 18 different kinds of cores. But still, they don't really have practical uses, and I had duplicates of all the ones I traded, so...

I have done this as well, one time I came across a MR4, we played several matches and wanted to know more about the game. So I hooked him up with a full set Boltor Prime for an ammo drum. He eventually played till MR12 and we played many more matches during that time. I approve of this as well.

I once told my clan's warlord that I was collecting Ammo Drums to max a Primed Continuity. It was half-joke, half-challenge for myself (and I made it). Some time later the group insisted I played "max strength Chroma" for a credit farm, and I said I didn't have Transient Fortitude because I'd been too lazy to do Vault runs since the mod was released. Warlord said he'd give me one, and I asked what he wanted in return. I was ready to offer him anything good, but instead he asked me for an Ammo Drum.

I still don't know if he was serious, but I delivered.

Edited by MartianJellyfish

someone paid me 100p for a Molten Impact once

I wanted to tell him it was fairly common, but I was curious to see if the trade would actually happen.

Other best trades include the technically free plat (just cost credits and time) I've gotten from buying low and selling average/high.

I sold half of my mag prime sets (about 10) at about 60p to trade speculators. I assume that they saw what they missed out on with frost prime before and wanted to stockpile, but I had a feeling that the market for mag p sets would suck. So far I'm very happy with my decision.

I bought up a lot of frost sets in the beginning and have been making good profit slowly selling them back.  I'm having a similar thought process as you about the mag prime.  With the nerfing of greedy pull, the mag should end up being less popular than the frost.  However, I'm holding about 4 Mag prime sets that I picked up for about 30p each.  A while from now I'm thinking they might be worth something but I have my doubts.  But this is just a speculative investment and I won't lose much.  If the mag sets don't go up, I'll still probably be able to at least get my 30p back.