Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Wraith Nerf...

Dokusi

It reloads shell per shell now, the only problem is that you can't cancel the reload by pressing the fire button. Aside from that, it's not really a nerf nor a buff

That's probably a bug. Because I cancel the reload by firing it just fine. Though I have encountered some instances where it reloads automatically after every shot even if the clip isn't emptied.

This is just a balancing issue because the strun wraith was a little bit op shotty. I don't really mind this because I can find cover but a 3.0 sec for reload would be better ofc. The other parts is just okay. I am not against this because I used to this with my Sobek which is given now a very very huge impact.

Modding for fire rate status and give some extra ammocap and voila.

That's probably a bug. Because I cancel the reload by firing it just fine. Though I have encountered some instances where it reloads automatically after every shot even if the clip isn't emptied.

Just tested it about a minute ago and it seems you can cancel the reload by firing now, this might have been fixed in a recent hotfix.

Now if only the sprint didn't cancel the reload, it would be perfect

It reloads shell per shell now, the only problem is that you can't cancel the reload by pressing the fire button. Aside from that, it's not really a nerf nor a buff

So, the time required for reloading all 8 shells went from 1.8 seconds to over 4 seconds and you are telling me that is not a nerf?

You can reload shell per shell, so if you encounter an enemy while reloading, you can start shooting his face with the shells currently loaded in your gun, instead of waiting for the full reload, so yes, it's not a nerf.

The thing is, that mechanic is really dependent on the player's playstyle, if you don't reload often, then you will be out of ammo often too. If you do, then you'll always be fully loaded and you wouldn't care less about the full reload being 4 whole seconds

Edited by Pazgabear

Sorry, but that's garbage. Reload time is now twice as long, period! And having to reload ages with a gun that requires you to get rather close is not healthy. Because the enemies you do not kill with your first clip sure as hell won't wait for you too reload. And reloading one bullet at a time? That's even worse.

The Strun Wraith is garbage now. Their "shotgun buff" managed you make an barely OKish gun completely useless. No point in using this at all anymore. Well, the Tigris at least got a real buff and is now fun to use. So at least there DE got that "buff" thing right. I'm just a little pissed that I wasted forma and time on what is now just useless junk.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

The Strun/Boar family has fire-to-cancel reloads when reloading manually, and can't be cancelled when reloading automatically (empty chamber.)  Of course, sprinting cancels the reload, so while not intuitive, the latter reload can be cancelled as necessary.

As for the bug.  When I encountered it (rarely) I abused the sprint function to cancel shell reloads and just ran the mag dry.  That seemed to fix the problem.  Not a real fix, but a fail safe until the real fix.

What irks me is why is it that in TPS', shell-by-shell reloading mechanics always seem so clunky, but in FPS', they're fluid?

Edited by Littleman88

The full reload time, and the buggy forced reloads are pretty crippling to the weapon. It also seems like the "pump" animation ignores RoF, which massively tanks the weapons' true RoF, especially when coupled with any of the mods. It is just clunky, and does poor damage to boot. I don't understand this change.