Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Forma From Dojo Requirements.

Fortune_Silver

Forma, introduced in update 8, is damned useful stuff. i bought a piece and polarized my armour. it was fun, and i enjoyed it. so why the hell would i save up 5 of those for a 10 meter hallway? ESPECIALLY considering there (at least currently) only platinum bought or Login rewards. so theres no way to farm them, or even just get them at all with a purely time investment. i think this requirement is a real turn-off for the otherwise brilliant dojo idea.\

thoughts? hopefully this thread will catch a dev's attention, and this can be fixed as soon as possible.

^

Play game. Get Void Keys. Get Forma from Void. Repeat.

Oh, neat. It's possible to farm them? I didn't know that. How many have you gotten since the patch, aside from using platinum or getting a login reward?

At least decrease requirements. 5 pieces of  rare forma for goddamn corridor? This is outrageous!

This isn't even grinding. This is parasitizing on those who willing to give that forma.

At least decrease requirements. 5 pieces of  rare forma for goddamn corridor? This is outrageous!

This isn't even grinding. This is parasitizing on those who willing to give that forma.

Considering that Dojo's are supposed to be a team effort across your entire Clan, 5 Forma can be obtained through various means over time. Dojo's aren't built in a day.

Considering that Dojo's are supposed to be a team effort across your entire Clan, 5 Forma can be obtained through various means over time. Dojo's aren't built in a day.

yeah thats kind of hard for clans that have very few members and some clans are dont even have plat to begin with so thats more grinding hell i dont even know if you can get void keys from doing regular missions or alerts , of a clan that has over 200+ members thats at least 40-70+active members depending on timezones witch you can easilly get forma no problem and be done with some parts off your dojo , dont say it cant be done in a day cause you will defo be proven wrong with that , what you did not know there was a 1000+ member clan in warframe yeah like they wont get it within a days time

I got my first Void Key right off the bat on wave 5 defense on Killiken. I figure I got lucky getting one that soon, but I've heard tell that defense is, nonetheless, a fairly good place to look.

You're the only person who's saying where they got one.  Everyone else is buying it and saying you can get it farming, when you can't really.

Defense missions can't be farmed because the RNG is broken.  That's why you get the same mod card over and over and over again, rather than different mod cards of the same class, and occasionally something more rare.  That's why Hellfire is so common.

You can get void keys and therefore maybe get forma without paying, sure, but de facto you can't in the amounts the dojo takes if you don't have a big clan.  Most of the content in U8 is locked behind void keys and dojo research.  De facto pay to win.

5 Forma isn't unreasonable.
15, which is required for most of the other rooms, is.

There's been a lot of rage about how the building costs are unreasonable for small clans (rage which I have gladly participated in, given I run a small clan) but 15 Forma is stupid even for a large clan.  Who in their right mind would dump Forma into a hallway when they could polarize a weapon?

In light of this, I suggest 5 Forma rooms be dropped to 1 Forma, and 15 Forma rooms be dropped to 5.

There's been a lot of rage about how the building costs are unreasonable for small clans (rage which I have gladly participated in, given I run a small clan) but 15 Forma is stupid even for a large clan.  Who in their right mind would dump Forma into a hallway when they could polarize a weapon?

In light of this, I suggest 5 Forma rooms be dropped to 1 Forma, and 15 Forma rooms be dropped to 5.

I agree.

Agree and Great Hall for 15 max, it's 25 now - ridiculous.

yeah thats kind of hard for clans that have very few members and some clans are dont even have plat to begin with so thats more grinding hell i dont even know if you can get void keys from doing regular missions or alerts , of a clan that has over 200+ members thats at least 40-70+active members depending on timezones witch you can easilly get forma no problem and be done with some parts off your dojo , dont say it cant be done in a day cause you will defo be proven wrong with that , what you did not know there was a 1000+ member clan in warframe yeah like they wont get it within a days time

Most functional rooms have build times, which can be reduced through platinum. If your complaint is that larger clans will have an easier time collecting the cummulative resources, then i don't see a problem and I disagree. More people working on the same project SHOULD make that project less daunting.

Or.. perhaps a high amount of Orokin cells instead of Forma? I thought the dojo was meant to be a resource sink, I have 40+ orokin cells which I'm never going to spend making frames/potatoes. Also yes, severely hinders progress of smaller-sized clans, quite frustrating.

How would say ~150 orokin cells instead of 5 forma work?

Okay, lets keep in mind that this is the first we've seen the Dojo for ourselves and the developers are looking for feedback for how things are working, or how they are not working (ie. broken).  So lets keep our tempers in check and provide useful feedback to the developers.  Claiming the Dojo is an example of PTW is going to only enflame the community and that behavior has no place here.

Instead we should be doing like WingedAnomaly did and post suggested changes to the values so that the developers can try different numbers that the community feels is fair.  And hopefully, at some point, we will find a balance between what we want and what DE needs to charge via resources or platinum purchases.

Most functional rooms have build times, which can be reduced through platinum. If your complaint is that larger clans will have an easier time collecting the cummulative resources, then i don't see a problem and I disagree. More people working on the same project SHOULD make that project less daunting.

I first want to start off by saying that I do agree completely with what you stated MoonicusMaximus.  However, I don't think it would be unreasonable to have a sliding scale for progressively inflated costs for expansion based on the clan population at the time of construction.

Now yes, I realize that a clan could decide to drop down to 1 member to get cheaper costs at some point, but if the developers can code contributions being refunded when someone leaves the clan during a construction project in the dojo, then we won't have a problem there.

The tricky part is figuring out what a "FAIR" sliding scale of inflation on construction costs would be.

How about we start at 1% increase to inflation per additional member past the founding member?

Do defense missions with all guild/clan group.  Key drops, that's four runs.  Do said four runs, make bank, and possibly get Forma x4 or more!  It's supposed to be rare, but people complained about not being able to farm stuff so here you go!  Whoever said you can't farm it because it's RNG cracks me up... I'm pretty sure DE is looking at the Dojo as being a game time extension which takes weeks/months to complete.  Not something the zerg guilds build in a few days and that's that. 

@LongDraw

Another thing with the scale that can be done is that as you increase in members and get to the next bracket of clan size you have to pay a fee to continue using the room.

It would look like this:

(all BS numbers and stuff)

When a guild is between 1 and 10 members it would take 5K X, 7.5K Y and 10K Z. A guild between 11 and 20 members would instead see a mat requirement of say 7.5K X, 10K Y and 14K Z. When a guild goes from the first bracket to the second bracket they have to pay the difference in materials in order to continue using that room.

That would prevent exploits and make it easier for smaller clans to do things.

Okay, lets keep in mind that this is the first we've seen the Dojo for ourselves and the developers are looking for feedback for how things are working, or how they are not working (ie. broken).  So lets keep our tempers in check and provide useful feedback to the developers.  Claiming the Dojo is an example of PTW is going to only enflame the community and that behavior has no place here.

Instead we should be doing like WingedAnomaly did and post suggested changes to the values so that the developers can try different numbers that the community feels is fair.  And hopefully, at some point, we will find a balance between what we want and what DE needs to charge via resources or platinum purchases.

This right here is the best post on this thread

Some of us have been providing constructive feedback. That is my intention as well. However, disagreeing with the development team's choices does not constitute having a temper. Having a temper is calling them terrible and making idle threats. ("I will uninstall and stop paying.")

Forma is definitely going to be a controversial issue, especially once everyone's clan keys are built. Just wait, the forums will be exploding about this. The issue will be addressed, folks. For now, focus on suggestions, kind suggestions, on how to best fix this.

At least remove forma from the crossway(hallway) requirements... that room doesn't even do anything except let you have more rooms... and you need so many of the damn things if you want a decent layout or number of rooms depending on if the research rooms can connect to eachother or not.