Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is My Soma Prime Build Good? (Have Lots Of Plat)

Baskakov_Dima

Question

If you are talking about end game how can you even bring up trash mobs as an example?

Because everything that isn't a boss is a trash mob, even heavies.

While i do agree that Vile Acceleration is the best for single-target damage, you need to consider something Sovereign: with 27k dps you're gonna melt anything in any non-endless mission in an instant. Only some of the bosses can stand it for a while.

All the missions where damage actually gets important are horde mode missions like defenses, survivals and interceptions. In those missions having a single bullet go through 2 humanoid enemies is a blessing, let alone for the fact that you can save ammo because bullet will also go through corpses.

Imho i would use Vile Acceleration for some assassination missions and nothing else. For everything else shred is much better. Also because in non endless missions enemies tend to take cover a lot more and shred is a blessing for that.

Shred is better for the Soma. If you are doing an assassination mission, there are better weapons for single target damage.

Shred is better for the Soma. If you are doing an assassination mission, there are better weapons for single target damage.

First: i was agreeing with you. Shred is better.

Second: why the heck can't you use the Soma for assassinations? Are you the guy who brings multiformaed max rank equipmemt to Apollodorus?

If you want to bring Soma to assassinations you'd be better off with Vile Acceleration, that's a fact. The fact that there are bettr weapons for that is absolutely of no consequence. Nobody asked if Soma was the best weapon for assassination.

First: i was agreeing with you. Shred is better.

Second: why the heck can't you use the Soma for assassinations? Are you the guy who brings multiformaed max rank equipmemt to Apollodorus?

If you want to bring Soma to assassinations you'd be better off with Vile Acceleration, that's a fact. The fact that there are bettr weapons for that is absolutely of no consequence. Nobody asked if Soma was the best weapon for assassination.

The point is if you are that worried about min-maxing for max burst damage against a single target then you are better off with another weapon.

You can still use the soma against a boss, and the shred build is still going to tearthe boss apart.

I was playing mercury survival earlier with an unranked Lato and MK1-Braton.

Punch through SOOOO good on that Soma, though. You're going to be throwing a ton of bullets in a short amount of time. You definitely want to make sure that dead bodies don't get in the way.  Or the corner of that railing. Or that door.  

- Remove "Heavy Caliber" and "Vile Acceleration" and replace them with "Fast Hands" and "Rifle Ammo Mutation"

- Corrosive is a lot more useful than Blast in most cases (Blast can be good on high fire rate status weapons to perma stun)

You really want Rifle Ammo Mutation because otherwise you will be constantly annoyed by running out of ammo and having to spam ammo restores (even more so with vile acceleration!). And 3 seconds base reload is a major annoyance as well in missions like survival with enemies constantly coming at you from all sites. Fast Hands (or the primed version) make the Soma feel a lot less clunky to use and improve your sustainable DPS quiet noticeably.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

A stable secondary or a stunning melee can be of great benefit it situations where you have no time to reload. I wouldn't drop a mod slot for decreased reload tho... *maybe* Wildfire could be used if you want more uptime. Trigger discipline is very important, which is another reason I dislike VA.