Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0: Qol Change For Bulletjump

Pandoran_Stallion

BulletJump requires way fewer keys than coptering, but still brings the issue of moving to the crouch key. It isn't necessary to make every binding critical, and I don't see why we need to use crouch as opposed to sprint for BulletJump. If BulletJump had the keys changed to sprint+Jump, I feel that it would be much easier on the hands, due to less movement being required. Sprint is used much more often in normal gameplay and would make the controls much more simple, reducing strain and allowing players to have more binding options.

Alternatively, a bulletjump key binding would also work, and would probably be the most practical option.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

It's not "ctrl," it's the "crouch" button, in which case, you can bind to whatever key tickles your fancy. 

Natch. I have mine mapped to 'Q' and my jump bound to 'E'. Literally all of my movement and attack controls are at my finger tips, and I seldom need to move my hand from one spot on my key-board.

BulletJump requires way fewer keys, but still brings the issue of moving from Shift to Ctrl. It isn't necessary to make every binding critical, and I don't see why we need to use Ctrl for BulletJump. If BulletJump had the keys changed to sprint/roll+Jump, I feel that it would be much easier on the hands, due to less movement being required.

Did you also have an issue with slide jumps pre U17?

Did you also have an issue with slide jumps pre U17?

That I did. I use ESDF so all my other bindings are relatively close together. Ctrl (prefer over toggle unless I'm doing a stealth mission due to fewer presses being required) is the only key that bothers me. Even rebinding creates the issue of having to hit the crouch button which is basically useless in normal gameplay. The fewer keys I use, the better for my hands.