Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat 2.0?

-Krux-

What I was expecting would be comparable to the chat in most MMO games.
Being able to create your own chat tabs that pull chat from the user's selection.
Example: If I wanted a chat tab that takes Council chat, Clan chat, and Squad chat in 1 tab. I can create a tab called 'My Custom Tab' and check those 3 chats for that tab. Then in that tab, each chat message would show with the appropriate color from the originating tab. The Clan messages come up green, Squad blue, and Council gold..

Also maybe the ability to link your gear to chat, so a clickable version of, let's say, my Hek shotgun. Someone can click it and see a preview box of my mods and stats of the weapon, etc..

This Chat 2.0 is kind of disappointing.

Huh? Chat 2.0 isn't here yet, unless they added it in todays hotfix and forgot to mention it in update notes. All we got in U17 regarding chat is a few options like hiding region chat and managing your ignore list.

Thought that was "chat 2.0" ?

Chat 2.0 is not even out yet, they just added more options to our current chat. They said in a few recent Devstreams, Sheldon in particular, that chat will be receiving many QoL changes basically creating "Chat 2.0".

They never even remotely mentioned this, they just added more options.

Edited by LazerSkink

Chat 2.0 is not even out yet, they just added more options to our current chat. They said in a few recent Devstreams, Sheldon in particular, that chat will be receiving many QoL changes basically creating "Chat 2.0".

They never even remotely mentioned this, they just added more options.

That's a relief.

Nah, that's more like chat 1.0.1. There is a very nice fan concept for chat 2.0 which got a whole lot of attention (like 200 upvotes) also from devs - Rebecca answered to it and sent it to UI team. But I can't find this topic now....

Found it https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/445799-fan-concept-chat-20-design/?fromsearch=1

Edited by Krak_Nihilus