Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About That Incoming Tentacle Swarm/pilfering Swarm Hyrdoid Nerf.

No please God NO Don't remove power strength from hydroid tentacle swarm it really made his ulti very usable from early to mid game even on late game with damage buff frames. I mean I personally don't abuse hydroid P swarm farm I use his tentacle swarm to kill things early to mid and even late game with damage buff frame please NO NO NO NOOOOOOO PLEASE :( DE don't make the community disappointed and rage after we enjoyed a good update by nerfing a already " BALANCED" frame.

I don't even know why they would think on nerfing a ulti that's pretty balanced early to late game as it only scales well with damage buff frames. Just cause what people have been running pilfering swarm too much on exploitable tile sets? DE you already changed spawn logic removed greed pull from efficient farming thus ending mesa gmag combination, nerfed radial javelin please don't nerf a BALANCED frame unnecessarily just to decrease effectiveness of efficient farming methods. We loved this update but this is something we simply do not want or approve of.

DE if you really want to fix and balance some "QUALITY OF LIFE" on frames then go revisit mag after nerfing G pull rework or BUFF HER OTHER ABILITIES THEN DON'T KEEP NERFING ALREADY BALANCED FRAMES. Rework bullet attractor so that it can be recast to a maximum of 4 instances. Rework CRUSH because its the most underwhelming ultimate both visually and effectiveness wise it only becomes useful if we waste a slot an fracturing crush for a effect that "should have been innate to crush the stagger and armor reduction in the first place it should have same treatment as avalanche" and VISUAL REWORK FOR CRUSH because it really doesn't feel like i'm crushing enemies it looks so lackluster.

OR if your all for that so called balanced then go nerf all the god tier or nuker frames (loki, MESA, limbo, valkyr ) as well I know alot of people will be pissed if you do so and will defend them that is one of the reason DE doesn't nerf or balance these frames because of their fan base (sarcasm off) but what about hydroid just cause he's used for loot farming doesn't mean he is "OP" or deserves that so called "quality of life adjustment" The tempest barrage change is logical but the power strength removal from tentacle swarm not only affects piflering swarm users but it affects us GENERAL TENTACLE SWARM users cause now the ulti will suck without damage scaling and won't be usable in mid to late game cause of that fiisher damage.

EDIT: As a response to some of the early responses of me not reading and not have valid points here is my valid argument

"Thing is though now it won't be advisable to use the power killing tentacle build along with tentacle swarm so yes I had valid reasons to be concerned as power strength tentacle build will not be of use with the incoming change. Now I have to make 2 separate builds for tentacle swarm and the non power strength affected pilfering swarm so my concern is valid."

Edited by --.B.--HARDCOREDAVE-

The only thing being changed is power strength affecting pilfering swarm, not tentacle swarm.

The tentacle swarm will remain the same in every way.

It sounds like you're misinterpreting and think that the tentacle swarm itself is getting a damage nerf, and it's not being changed at all

I approve of the change personally, perhaps it will make DE see why Hydroid has only been really used for loot farming, and not for his whole kit (as his kit just sucks personally.)

Edited by SgtFlex

Calm down a bit first. It will help later on. 

Now, I read what happened, and it looks like that the change would not have to restrict other team members in terms of playing the game, as the change means that they can continue shooting at the trapped enemies to kill it quicker, and said enemy will still have an increased chance of dropping loot. That is beneficial and healthy towards team play without shunting other players. 

As for the Power Strength Aspect not affecting Pilfering Swarm, given the change that enemies just need to die on the tentacle, and that at max Rank, Pilfering Swarm will always make an enemy roll an additional time for loot, it might actually be better in the long run, as players can use their weapons to kill enemies trapped by the tentacles to have a faster rate of extra loot drops. 

Then if we follow this quality of life pattern Mag definitely needs to be re looked at after nerfing G pull. Her other abilities must be buffed or reworked

-Bullet attractor should be either reworked or buffed to allow multiple casts limited to a max of 4 or 5

-Rework CRUSH because its the most underwhelming ultimate both visually and effectiveness wise it only becomes useful if we waste a slot an fracturing crush for a effect that "should have been innate to crush the stagger and armor reduction in the first place it should have same treatment as avalanche" and VISUAL REWORK FOR CRUSH because it really doesn't feel like i'm crushing enemies it looks so lackluster.

But please tentacle swarm needs power strength to be able to sufficiently kill mid-late game enemies because i RARELY use it for pilfering swarm but I get affected cause of this supposed questionable buff to pilfering swarm?.

The only thing being changed is power strength affecting pilfering swarm, not tentacle swarm.

It sounds like you're misinterpreting and think that the tentacle swarm itself is getting a damage nerf, and it's not being changed at all

I approve of the change personally, perhaps it will make DE see why Hydroid has only been really used for loot farming, and not for his whole kit (as his kit just sucks personally.)

Are we sure about this?

Tidal surge augment is very useful so I wouldn't say his whole kit sucks as tidal surge proc immunity with the augment mod makes him invulnerable while in animation and proc resistant.

Edited by --.B.--HARDCOREDAVE-

This.

Power strength only affects pilfering swarm, not tentacle swarm

But please tentacle swarm needs power strength to be able to sufficiently kill mid-late game enemies because i RARELY use it for pilfering swarm but I get affected cause of this supposed questionable buff to pilfering swarm?.

Please read carefully, tentacle swarm won't change, still affected by power str.

Now, I read what happened, and it looks like that the change would not have to restrict other team members in terms of playing the game, as the change means that they can continue shooting at the trapped enemies to kill it quicker, and said enemy will still have an increased chance of dropping loot. That is beneficial and healthy towards team play without shunting other players. 

As for the Power Strength Aspect not affecting Pilfering Swarm, given the change that enemies just need to die on the tentacle, and that at max Rank, Pilfering Swarm will always make an enemy roll an additional time for loot, it might actually be better in the long run, as players can use their weapons to kill enemies trapped by the tentacles to have a faster rate of extra loot drops. 

Well lets do hope so you are right.

Tentacle Swarm will still be affected by power strength. The Pilfering Swarm augment will no longer scale with power strength. Please know what you're talking about before you start a hate thread, thank you.

In his defense, the way the change was described was a little vague. I honestly wasn't even aware that the amount of loot you could get from PS was affected by power strength until now.

Are we sure about this?

Tidal surge augment is very useful so I wouldn't say his whole kit sucks as tidal surge proc immunity with the augment mod makes him invulnerable while in animation and proc resistant.

The next PC Hotfix will have something to speak to this directly: with Pilfering Swarm equipped, enemies won't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance. Simply dying on the tentacle will be enough to trigger Pilfering Swarm. However, we will also be removing Power Strength mods affecting Pilfering Swarm to balance this change.

Edited by SgtFlex

Did you read what everyone has been saying? Your Tentacle Swarm will not even be affected whatsoever if you don't even use Pilfering Swarm.

it might actually be better in the long run, as players can use their weapons to kill enemies trapped by the tentacles to have a faster rate of extra loot drops. 

I always extract when the damage from tentacles doesn't one-shot enemy. It's not Void.

Thing is though now it won't be advisable to use the power killing tentacle build along with tentacle swarm so yes I had valid reasons to be concerned as power strength tentacle build will not be of use with the incoming change. Now I have to make 2 separate builds for tentacle swarm and the non power strength affected pilfering swarm so my concern is valid.

Thing is though now it won't be advisable to use the power killing tentacle build along with tentacle swarm so yes I had valid reasons to be concerned as power strength tentacle build will not be of use with the incoming change. Now I have to make 2 separate builds for tentacle swarm and the non power strength affected pilfering swarm so my concern is valid.

You can do Power Range so that more enemies are trapped within the tentacles, allowing yourself or team members to kill them. 

use weapons and try to shoot things wildly flinging with rag doll effects right.. but again its still a slight nerf to pilfering swarm disguised as a quality of life change but my concern is this

"Thing is though now it won't be advisable to use the power killing tentacle build along with tentacle swarm so yes I had valid reasons to be concerned as power strength tentacle build will not be of use with the incoming change. Now I have to make 2 separate builds for tentacle swarm and the non power strength affected pilfering swarm so my concern is valid."

I see both sides for this. On the one hand, I can't roll 3x anymore. On the other hand, I can forgo a strength mod for some other buffs for Hydroid. Its less ideal for farming, but probably more ideal for my individual survival.

You can do Power Range so that more enemies are trapped within the tentacles, allowing yourself or team members to kill them. 

But even with power range the number of tentacles are just randomly spread out and since they don't get increased its still so random therefore not that effective it might be "a good supposed team tactic for support" where team mates are supposed to lay support fire but I doubt that they would even bother trying to shoot the wildly rag dolled enemies with tentacles in random spawn logic.