Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wasting My Time Signing Up To Raptr = Unsatisfied Customer

NSGrendel

So, I was just about to buy some more Platinum and I thought, "Are there any promo codes for this before I lay down the rest of my apportioned gaming money for the month?"

Having just wasted 20 mins of my life with Raptr, installed an app and given my details to a third party, I'm rewarded with the whole, "HA HA LOOSER, TOO LATE!" (being in the first X people isn't part of the criteria listed on the left) and I look down and to the right and lo and behold, there aren't any packs left (superior forum users, please forgive my ignorance with Raptr's UI, having just installed it).

Fair enough. So I try to claim one of the more recent offers. Only I can't, because I didn't claim the first!

Well clearly I'm now feeling somewhat shorted and &!$$ed off at the presentation of what was an offer. Net result? I was going to spend some money. Now I'm feeling cheated and will spend nothing (at least tonight).

Rationally, I know this is a stupid and churlish response to my original intention to both extend the value of my investment and reward the development team, but we humans are fickle things, governed by emotions. I'll probably come back tomorrow and buy the Platinum.

My point is simply that this sort of thing is disastrous, from a customer service perspective. If there's one thing that customers get enraged about, it's being denied something they thought they should have.

Please don't think I'm hating on Warframe here. I think what you've done is excellent (if released a little too early, since I imagine you've been working like slaves for the past couple of weeks to release more content to reduce your churn rate). I really hope this will prosper.

And it's not just you that suffers. Raptr seemed tempting, but after this evening all it has achieved is giving me an extremely negative view of Raptr as a ******** coupon service and as a side effect, has cost you some, if not all, of my original platinum purchase this evening. Your association with Raptr (for me) has only projected a negative impression upon your monetisation strategy and thus, your integrity and vision.

I am making this point purely as feedback. I would have put it in the feedback forum if you'd had something related to purchasing, co-promotions or customer service, but I couldn't see an appropriate forum/thread.

Either way, Warframe is a great piece of work and kudos to a small team with a big vision. Please get it right, since I'd like to play this 12 months from now. :)

Edited by NSGrendel

I have no Idea what raptr is. i usually find buying direct from the source is the best way to go. Example CD's i buy direct from the record label. Beating around the bush looking for slightly lower prices is just a waste of time as the service is usually terrible, or the item takes a year and a half to ship.

Sorry to hear that you missed the offer. I missed it too. But people should stop thinking they can have everything, at anytime, like a little kid (no offense against you, i mean that in general). Sometimes you miss an offer but there will be a new one someday. I hope next time you get the deal quickly enough :)

Yeah, I missed it too. Once I saw that I missed it and the following one required the first one which as I already noted, had been missed I figured it was useless from then on and uninstalled it.

DE still got some of my money but Raptr is no longer on my system.

It's a third party organization, therefore not down to warframes responsibility, what is actually atrocious is the undeserving sense of entitlement you're portraying at this moment.

Did you even read my post? Or did the red haze descend before?

Also, do you actually dislike this game? Or is being rude to people part of your long-term strategy to make it popular? Part of the reason why I was going to buy platinum was as an appreciation of the work put in.

And being asked to spend 20 minutes of my time installing things and filling in details doesn't entitle me to a small reward as was used to direct my behaviour? Wow. I'm being super unreasonable, I guess. Just like all of the other "entitled gamers" I'm sure you are generalising me alongside. Or as people who work in the games industry like to call them, customers.

Did you even read my post? Or did the red haze descend before?

Also, do you actually dislike this game? Or is being rude to people part of your long-term strategy to make it popular? Part of the reason why I was going to buy platinum was as an appreciation of the work put in.

And being asked to spend 20 minutes of my time installing things and filling in details doesn't entitle me to a small reward as was used to direct my behaviour? Wow. I'm being super unreasonable, I guess. Just like all of the other "entitled gamers" I'm sure you are generalising me alongside. Or as people who work in the games industry like to call them, customers.

Sorry, your title portrayed a negative image that completely engrossed me in any other thing you had to say, I have a short attention span :P

Hence my concern, Warframe is an excellent game in an extremely aggressive market. I want it to succeed, not fail, hence my post, detailing specifics about my experience and the impact it had and specific causes that could be addressed. At no point did I RAEG!11!

However, blunt honesty is easily confused with pathological whining nowadays, so I can understand. :)

20 minutes of playing LoL is probably enough to make Mother Teresa punch someone in the face. I actually now remember my days of playing Counter-Strike as an epitome of well-mannered co-operation.