Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tom Clancy’S The Division Graphically Downgraded To Run On Consoles

Chris9428

I'm not too interested in this game, but for those who are, what are your opinions on this?

http://wccftech.com/tom-clancys-division-screenshots-gamescom-downgrade-strong/

I personally think that there should be at least separate versions. The consoles get the heavily downgraded ones so they manage to run at a playable FPS while the PC gets the original version.

There's still almost a year before it launches, though. So perhaps something interesting happens until then.

Do people care and/or fail to understand how any of this works?

The demo tech they use for crap like early E3 showings often doesn't work when actually applied to a full, complete videogame (in the case of The Witcher 3) and consoles have limited hardware. Why is this even a talking point still?

tbh, complaining about slightly worse graphics when a game should be about fun is kinda petty.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

what a surprise

just ubisoft doing ubisoft things

I guess it's okay when people like CD Projekt Red do it, eh

I personally think that there should be at least separate versions.

There are separate versions.

"“Downgrading is a weird term to use. Obviously, we want to make a game that looks the best it can on its respective format, so Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. So I think the term downgrade is a bit confusing and weird because we’re trying to get the most out of every machine we use. So Xbox gets its attention, PlayStation gets its attention, and PC of course will be able to cram it up a bit more depending on the hardware you have.

“We address every console, every platform as its own version. So we try to stay away from the thing where you go for the least common denominator and everybody suffers for it. We want to make a good experience on all respective formats.”"

it's starting to become more common, and it's gross.

however, note that Video Games are technically graphically downgraded dozens and dozens of times without the Consumer knowing about it.

it's standard practice to adjust visuals for performance reasons.

it's not standard practice to present a game suggesting it will look like N and then release it looking like N-2.

every game has to scale back everything it wants to do. because you can't do everything. whether it's funding, time, manpower, lack of technical skill of manpower, hardware restrictions, software restrictions, local data size, Et Cetera.

I guess it's okay when people like CD Projekt Red do it, eh

no, it isn't.

however Ubisoft is in a league of their own for lies. they've been doing a damn good job in recent years trying to compete against Electronic Arts for winning the award of worst Company in America.

they're trying really hard to take that award.

Edited by taiiat