Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Forum Crossover] Warframe / Spiral Knights

LetiunantFeron

This is probably going to be the first and last Forum Crossover on Warframe, but hey.

Let me get to the point.

If you have come to Warframe from Spiral knights, what are your thoughs on how Warframe is better than Spiral knights.

This belongs in G dissucsion cause you disscuss whats better in the game than the rival game.

Spiral Knights VS Warframe

If you want go to the spiral knights side of the crossover, click here: http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/111427

A LOT easier to get good gear in Warframe. No endlessly farming fire crystals just to level up! Combat is more varied, so many unique abilities and weapons, whereas Spiral Knights only have the 3 basic weapons, with alterations, but mostly just for damage types. And of course, Warframe is actually being updated constantly, while Spiral Knights just keeps spoonfeeding their community every once in a while with re-colored costumes you need real money to get.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Haaaaaah.

You can't compare the two honestly, they're very different.

The funny thing is, I came from Spiral Knights, because their cardboard servers and immeeeeeense grind was unbearable. (Yes the grind is much worse in SK). I came to Warframe, stuck around for 8 months before getting a bit bored, went back to SK a few days, then went immediately back to Warframe until now. I would still play SK, had the grind not been so freaking huge.

I'll say that Lech Kril didn't give me PTSD like the Romulus Twins, so that's something.

One thing I will say that Spiral knights has over Warframe are those rare enemies you will occasionally find while traversing the clockworks, like the "Love Puppy", which shoots you with hearts instead of the normal damage pellets. Maybe Warframe can add the same, like a malfunctioning MOA that can spawn and assist you at random.

One thing I will say that Spiral knights has over Warframe are those rare enemies you will occasionally find while traversing the clockworks, like the "Love Puppy", which shoots you with hearts instead of the normal damage pellets. 

And ends up getting murdered by some other player when the rest of us want to keep it for healing. 

And ends up getting murdered by some other player when the rest of us want to keep it for healing.

(sigh) always happens man... also the bosses in SK are a lot harder. Especially with the lack of healing abilities and the small amount of health one has. Also the boss apecific mechanics are sometimes difficult to pull off, if not annoying

I played on SK Europe while being in Europe and the lag was still real.

Is it now? I thought it would be better given the closer physical distance, because with US/Europe Spiral Knights and Asia, everything takes about a second or two to update, and forget about PVP. 

Is it now? I thought it would be better given the closer physical distance, because with US/Europe Spiral Knights and Asia, everything takes about a second or two to update, and forget about PVP. 

Like I said earlier, cardboard servers. 

I think they're somewhere lost in Ireland.

True, although I did though seriously that the cardboard servers would be more like solid cardboard closer to the server location, and extremely wet cardboard farther away from the server. 

Heh, nice analogy.

Nonetheless, Three Rings could have had something going there, but they ruined it now.

Nonetheless, Three Rings could have had something going there, but they ruined it now.

I suppose the removal of the 100 free energy per day system was the last best thing they did. Fire crystals are maddening, if only because the other options (those less than 100% chance) for levelling up weapons feels like 0% chance.

I suppose the removal of the 100 free energy per day system was the last best thing they did. Fire crystals are maddening, if only because the other options (those less than 100% chance) for levelling up weapons feels like 0% chance.

Ah yes, fire crystals. That and, try to alchemize a 5* weapon. That's one of the main reasons I stopped too.

I ended up getting a bunch of 5-star gear, basically 3 full sets for each damage type. Even managed to do a shadow lair and get the Snarbolax armor. After that, the notorious lack of content, and my introduction to Warframe, made me quit. I still check in once in a while to see if there's any new content though. Apart from re-colored costumes -_-

Likewise xD

Then again, I kind of hope it does not. At the very least, I can feel less guilty about it, since it would be gone. 

I ended up getting a bunch of 5-star gear, basically 3 full sets for each damage type. Even managed to do a shadow lair and get the Snarbolax armor. After that, the notorious lack of content, and my introduction to Warframe, made me quit. I still check in once in a while to see if there's any new content though. Apart from re-colored costumes -_-

Now, I just read the Announcement notes on their forums, and it looks like the last major content update is adding more guns and gunslinger armour. Apart from that, it is just recoloured everything.