Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Warframe: Mamba (Toxic / Gas Frame) Reworking Abilities (Ideas welcome) (3/5/2016)

Scharkie

Happy Christmas Tenno!

guess ill show some small progress made in Cosmetics made for Mamba, 

SYANDANA!

3ngs9Jt.jpg

More is in the making but that will not make it this year.

Cya next year Tenno

Edited by Scharkie1333

This concept is fun! I like the toxic designs, she'd be a ton of fun in the shadows with all the glowing bits! I love glowing bits.

Does the toxin leak anywhere? Like how ember releases... embers or Frost has the vents on his arms? its a very subtle visual but I love those. I could imagine the toxin hitting the floor leaving a small scorch mark and a sizzle.

Also what program do you use for your designs if I may ask?

This concept is fun! I like the toxic designs, she'd be a ton of fun in the shadows with all the glowing bits! I love glowing bits.

Does the toxin leak anywhere? Like how ember releases... embers or Frost has the vents on his arms? its a very subtle visual but I love those. I could imagine the toxin hitting the floor leaving a small scorch mark and a sizzle.

Also what program do you use for your designs if I may ask?

Adobe Illustrator

Upon further inspection I have a tiny bit of scrutiny on her skills.

Crawl: Does she move faster in this form? Is there are higher benefit besides just being able to climb walls and ceilings? Can she use any of her abilities like this?

With the augment, why have the cloud only appear on skill exit, when the skill's design purpose (So far) is to escape enemy fire. Making her cloud only appear when out of enemy range.

Stuck: (Personal opinion) a more interesting and themed name for this skill would be something like "Spill" (As in a toxic spill) Other than that no feedback, I like it. Simple and to the point.

Narcotic: Slight typo "-Duration will icnrease 'increase' the clouds duration and aimglide duration"

Also on the augment, maybe instead of sleeping the enemies can be caught writhing, choking, or even blinded from the gas seeping into their important parts. Although sleep does follow a narcotic idea it doesn't sit with the theme of the frame as well as something a little more violent would.

Just some thoughts, as I said I love the concept though!

Upon further inspection I have a tiny bit of scrutiny on her skills.

Crawl: Does she move faster in this form? Is there are higher benefit besides just being able to climb walls and ceilings? Can she use any of her abilities like this?

With the augment, why have the cloud only appear on skill exit, when the skill's design purpose (So far) is to escape enemy fire. Making her cloud only appear when out of enemy range.

Stuck: (Personal opinion) a more interesting and themed name for this skill would be something like "Spill" (As in a toxic spill) Other than that no feedback, I like it. Simple and to the point.

Narcotic: Slight typo "-Duration will icnrease 'increase' the clouds duration and aimglide duration"

Also on the augment, maybe instead of sleeping the enemies can be caught writhing, choking, or even blinded from the gas seeping into their important parts. Although sleep does follow a narcotic idea it doesn't sit with the theme of the frame as well as something a little more violent would.

Just some thoughts, as I said I love the concept though!

Thx for finding the typo, as for crawl it is meant more to actually prey on your enemy and attack them from differant angles, Or do spy vaults easy -_- . 

I have some thoughts, what if instead of just being based on a mamba they were based on snakes as a whole? and incorporate different powers resembling different snakes. like perhaps an acid or venom spit ability where you can melt a target for damage and additionally cause confusion or blindness, maybe make it a viral aerosol breath?  (can be used in crawl or slither?) maybe change crawl to slither? make mamba or whatever name you settle on move like a snake and get low and slither across surfaces and up walls, slither or crawl increases movement speed?(Venom spit could be used in crawl or slither?) (could cause additional damage if used on an enemy undetected) maybe make mamba have a mouth of grinneer design with injector fangs? make them really go into the theme of a snake while still keeping some grinner in there. what about a ability where you grow an energy tail and fangs? (if not injector fangs) and rush an enemy slithering up around them and constricting them causing impact damage and then a bite at the end that deals additional toxin damage and you steal life and or energy back? (maybe chainable between targets like slash dash?) (has a chance to woozy the target with venom to be confused?)

I was trying to come up with an alternative power that had some group utility but I couldn't think of much. how bout as a passive mamba increases all toxin and toxin combo elemental damage by 5% and is 5% resistant to the same damage.   

(5% and all of this being configurable to changes)

was trying to brain storm and that's all I got. unfortunately I don't see a lot of wiggle room for snake themed powers taking into account other frames and all the abilities already done. 

I have some thoughts, what if instead of just being based on a mamba they were based on snakes as a whole? and incorporate different powers resembling different snakes. like perhaps an acid or venom spit ability where you can melt a target for damage and additionally cause confusion or blindness, maybe make it a viral aerosol breath?  (can be used in crawl or slither?) maybe change crawl to slither? make mamba or whatever name you settle on move like a snake and get low and slither across surfaces and up walls, slither or crawl increases movement speed?(Venom spit could be used in crawl or slither?) (could cause additional damage if used on an enemy undetected) maybe make mamba have a mouth of grinneer design with injector fangs? make them really go into the theme of a snake while still keeping some grinner in there. what about a ability where you grow an energy tail and fangs? (if not injector fangs) and rush an enemy slithering up around them and constricting them causing impact damage and then a bite at the end that deals additional toxin damage and you steal life and or energy back? (maybe chainable between targets like slash dash?) (has a chance to woozy the target with venom to be confused?)

I was trying to come up with an alternative power that had some group utility but I couldn't think of much. how bout as a passive mamba increases all toxin and toxin combo elemental damage by 5% and is 5% resistant to the same damage.   

(5% and all of this being configurable to changes)

was trying to brain storm and that's all I got. unfortunately I don't see a lot of wiggle room for snake themed powers taking into account other frames and all the abilities already done. 

Mamba takes great inspiration from Snakes but not fully, she also has gas based features and Grineer parts. her Pre Grineer from will indeed have even more snake like features but will not completely be one.

Thx for the amazing ideas towards skills but as for now the way they are balanced out make Mamba a good frame now for both Agressive / Crowdcontrol Gameplay, and i would like to hold this balance. 

However ill also be making a Sentinel fitting with Mamba so perhaps i can use a bit of your ideas towards using your skills for that.

I think the byproduct of a Grineer take on the Zanuka Project could, and maybe even should, have a colder feeling personality and power set to contrast with Valkyr's berserk rage. Kind of like "shell shock" or Depression or something, and playing as a Space Dementor could be pretty cool anyway. I'm not really getting that from this Saryn side-grade, and the number of elemental-themed frames in-game is on par with the number of Exalted Weapon frames in-game, i.e, quite enough already.

This is a REALLY cool concept, however I would recommend allowing Mamba to use melee weapons in those abilities that restrict weapon usage. 

Saryn does Corrosive, so you're wrong. :P

Only her Ulti does corrosive, her 2 and 3 both do Toxin damage, and her 1 spreads it.

the idea seems good, but we already have a toxic frame, which is saryn, still, I like the abilities, but, a grineer frame is expected to be a lot more violent than this, toxin is a ninja/spy`s weapon, grineer frame would probably be a puncture/slash/impact based frame, and should look a bit more vicious

still though, the abilities you have here would fit more to an infested frame than a grineer one

there are some typos in your concept you might wanna sort out

I mean.. we have Ember, but they just did Nezha as well. This is an entirely different take on Toxin damage, and I think this would be a pretty neat addition. My only question is how much damage her clouds do, because if they work just like normal Toxin procs, I don't really think the damage will scale very well. I think they should have their own set damage per second, affected by pwr. strength, and with a chance to do an actual Toxin proc.

Edited by Akiryx

• 4 weeks later...

Mamba Continues!

excpect new things coming for this topic:

-Armor set (shoudlerpiece coming with sideview)

-sentinel

-proto skin

-???

Here is a preview of the armor set:

3Td3Et3.jpg

6GgzDXV.jpg

KmYF01r.jpg

also if started sketching for mamba's sideview.

Cya soon 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been really busy preparing Mamba her sideview I noticed that the current Detailing she has is a bit outdated to my current drawing style, 

So I have decid to not only finish her sideview in the new style but also reworking her Front and Backview with these new Details and tweaks.

And yes thats a New Helmet :)

1m9h0jE.jpg

See the Changes in action:

wpnBv32.gif

• 3 weeks later...