Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] - Pure Gunplay Heavy Weapons Frame

Diseenith

So I've been playing for a good while now, have all the frames and the like... and I've always been a bit curious why there was no frame completely focused on gunplay. Sure there are frames really good with their guns (Nova debuffs, Rhino roar, etc) But no frames that really interact with their guns heavily. This is just a rough draft concept, but here we go.

Passive: This frame consumes 50% less ammunition when not using a melee weapon. This functions via every other shot with a gun costing no ammo.

Critical Blast: No cast time, the next shot fired deals damage as if hitting a weakspot and gains X% increased critical chance as well as ignoring all armor on the target. Scales with power Strength and Efficiency

Focused Shots: No cast time. This frame projects an aura out around, reducing fire rate of him/herself by X%, but increasing his/her weapon damage by Y%. This effect is halved for nearby allies. Affected by duration, power strength, range, and efficiency.

Charged Gun: Very short cast time. Sacrifices X% of shields, the rest of the current gun's magazine gains Xm punch-through, X% increased status chance (Double of value on gun) and a 10% chance to ragdoll enemies on hit. Affected by Power Strength & Efficiency

Rain Hell Down Upon Them: Short cast time. This frame turns into an avatar of battle, removing ammunition costs from all guns. Additionally all guns gain 200% multishot, 100% fire rate, and no longer needs to reload. Unfortunately the frame is unable to critical strike and has half of regular status chance while using this. Neaby allies gain 50% of multishot value. Channelled in a manner similar to Ember. Scales with Power Strength, Efficiency, and Duration

I've always liked gunplay, but figured it'd be nice to have a frame entirely built around their weapons.

Note: This is obviously not balanced! And suggestions would be awesome

Edited by Diseenith

Ok, the idea is good, but sounds rather boring to use the abilities. If you look at every single other frame, using an ability causes you to actually do something, and you have to think about when you use it. All of these abilities seem like constant spam to keep them up at all times rather than thinking about it.

Not to mention it heavily encroaches on Mesa's concept.

Finally: What would happen if I didn't have any guns equipped (say I had gone melee only by accident)? There is only one ability in the game that depends on a weapon being equipped in a slot (Saryn's Contagion), yet all of these require a gun.

If they were to change Mesa's abilities to be more like this, then I would immediately start playing her again. Good idea for a frrame, however Mesa is somewhat already themed like that, and if she were to have most of these abilities instead, then she would become more than just a flashy ultimate.

This thread is pointless just because we alrdy have her

She's an ability frame. Her 4 is not gunplay... its literally an ability that looks like shooting your gun. Her 1 is the only gun related ability. Her 2 is a defensive ability (damage bonus is affecting her guns directly), and her 3 is... once again an ability.

She has gun-themed abilities, but they don't affect her guns directly. When I say gun-play frame I mean a frame that doesn't have any abilities that work outside of the guns they sue. Which means their abilities would work vastly different with a different loadout.

Ok, the idea is good, but sounds rather boring to use the abilities. If you look at every single other frame, using an ability causes you to actually do something, and you have to think about when you use it. All of these abilities seem like constant spam to keep them up at all times rather than thinking about it.

Not to mention it heavily encroaches on Mesa's concept.

Finally: What would happen if I didn't have any guns equipped (say I had gone melee only by accident)? There is only one ability in the game that depends on a weapon being equipped in a slot (Saryn's Contagion), yet all of these require a gun.

Who knows, its kind of like going valkyr without a melee weapon. Also the abilities can't be used in conjunction for the most part. Dropping duration nerfs 3 & 4, so fleeting would hurt that. 1 & 4 are mutually exclusive because you can't crit, etc. You could use a sniper and say... duel cestra. Go 1 for bombards, then switch to cestra, hit 4 and burn down in a massive hail of bullets for AoE.

Really it'd be vastly different based on loadout. Using your ultimate on Ogris would be much different than going a high damage crit build with 1 shots on say a bow.

And in terms of interesting. Mesa is not interesting unless you count pressing 4 with max power efficiency and holding the fire key interesting. You can play her other ways, but then she's just surpassed by other frames.

Edited by Diseenith