Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Key Drop/reward Chance Is A Bad Joke ! Change This Plz

Askarion

My Friend and I realy love the game so much that we payed for it and we even Reseted our Accounts, both of us was realy excited about Update 8 but right now the Update 8 feels non existend to us !

Reason:

-After the Patch my friend and me farmed the Hell out of this Game to get some Void Keys, we farmed XX Defense missions till wave 10/15, we made XXX Speed Runs on Reward Maps and made XXX Boss Runs we played around 40 Hours in the last 2 days and the end of the Story is : WE DONT GOT EVEN 1 SINGEL STUPID KEY !

NO KEYS Leads to such Problems like :

- No chance to get Foma's which leads to no Progressions for Dojo's and No Weapon/Character Progression

- No chance to get Frost Prime

- No chance to get hands on the Most new Blueprints etc....

The New Update was builded around the Void Keys which you NEED to get XX things and right now The chance to get Void Keys is a @(*()$ JOKE and need a change with an EXTREMLY HUGE Buff with chances to get them !!!!!

Right now Update 8 is a Cash Shop only Update is based on frustrating Peopel that much that they will be forced to buy Cash Items !

I realy have no Problem with Cash Shops and i also have no Problem to Support great Games with my Money, But i will not spend Money for Games which are trying to frustrate me on Purpose so i will start Paying ! This has to be changed ASAP otherwise XXXX Players will Rage Quit including me !

Lg

The wiki says they are a rare drop on defense missions. Which means a lot of folks will end up like me and that elusive Flow mod. 150 hours of gameplay and still no sight of a single one. Might need to tie them to a boss or something else.

A friend of mine and myself purchased a forma and resetted our most loved frames. After that we did some missions to level a bit and started a defense. First defense rewarded us after wave 5 with a void key.

Maybe we are lucky, maybe we've been rewarded for spending money, but there is a chance to get them.

fyi: my friend only purchased the first founder package

Another thing is, that the dropchance of rare or new mods seems to be quite high now, so i found 2 Multishotmods today, which i farmed for hours and hours before ;)

My tipp is not to search for something special, instead to enjoy the new weapons you can buy bps for credits, farm bosses and defensemissions like before and be happy about every rare item you might get your hands on ;)

good luck to everybody outta there

P.S.: Only real ninjas find the real deal

Pretty much sums up what U8 was like for me. After reading about all the changes that were added, then coming in and finding that either I'm forced to farm for elusive items to unlock content, or dish out money? Why not make it pay to play? At least I can run as much void mission as I want.

Luck makes a game fair. Anyone that doesn't want to pay can still have a chance, instead of farming one place, play different missions, play different intervals. Going longer or the difficulty won't change your odds, in fact it lowers your odds, because RNG has no set criteria, so it can be any of the known locations.

The fact that you and your friend didn't get the keys after all that grinding shouldn't mean the DE Devs need to change major mechanics. There are people in chat asking what do they do with "this key thingy they got from some Venus mission".

You and your buddy should also play with different people and different mission, if one of you gets it then invite the other and you both still benefit. You guys say you have spent money in the game and have been around for a while, so you know its a giving community. Ask people in chat for invites and check other regions, people are practically whoring themselves so others can get to the Void missions.

Edited by OrokinNoob

Luck makes a game fair. Anyone that doesn't want to pay can still have a chance, instead of farming one place, play different missions, play different intervals. Going longer or the difficulty won't change your odds, in fact it lowers your odds, because RNG has no set criteria, so it can be any of the known locations.

The fact that you and your friend didn't get the keys after all that grinding shouldn't mean the DE Devs need to change major mechanics. There are people in chat asking what do they do with "this key thingy they got from some Venus mission".

You and your buddy should also play with different people and different mission, if one of you gets it then invite the other and you both still benefit. You guys say you have spent money in the game and have been around for a while, so you know its a giving community. Ask people in chat for invites and check other regions, people are practically whoring themselves so others can get to the Void missions.

We didnt played only the same maps over and over we always switched maps after around 10-15 runs. Normaly iam fine with Rng but i hate the Idea to make an Item an Extremly Rare Rng which you NEED to to get access to the new Content and even after you got your RNG Key you will confrontated with the Next RNG this system looks to me like it was made to Frustrating player on Purpose which is forcing them to buy Keys !

I said already we played 40 hours, normaly 40 hours is the time where the most peopel play in a Week or more that means NOT a Singel Key in over 1 Week Playtime !

I realy would like to see a Blueprint in the market for Void Keys with a Price of 35-50k and 15-25k crafting cost sound fair to me or a Big droprate Buff of the Keys !

My clan got 3 keys (One for each of us in the mission) in some random piece of poop mission. Dont remember which one but it wasnt defense or MD. Just trying to add extra info to this.

EDIT: Askarion, sent you a PM about something, please check it and get back to me. Thanks.

Edited by Cypherdiaz

Imo void keys need a better drop rate in higher levels.  Void runs are the current end game with a lot of end game content (forma, dojo research) locked behind them.  At the very least they could make some of the void keys more common than others.

Edited by Aggh

Update 8's been out all of three days, i think it's a bit too early to be complaining about droprates on new items. That said, probability tables will likely be adjusted once DE has had a chance to review stats from a larger sample pool. (in-house testing can only take you so far)

I've personally had maybe 6 or 7 void keys drop from defense missions in these three days, lucky i suppose- but i've also only had 1 forma drop from 20+ void runs and way too many latron prime blueprints (and only 2 barrels, no stocks or receivers, no frost parts, etc.) I'm really not all that worried. You shouldn't expect to be able to get everything in one day. In fact, i'd venture to guess many of the additions made in U8 were designed around the idea of slowing player progression without frustating them too much so that DE can stop crunching for new content every week and spend some more time fixing, adjusting, and improving existing content. (at least i hope)

Give it time- really.

Void keys should drop from bosses.

Right now i have to agree with the op. I am feeling like this is a push to the cash shop.

I've farmed for 24 hrs and have not got a single key drop. 

I want to spend my money on crap like stalker bundles and skins for my sentinels. 

I dont want to pay to play the games content. I want to pay to make the games content better. 

Update 8's been out all of three days, i think it's a bit too early to be complaining about droprates on new items. That said, probability tables will likely be adjusted once DE has had a chance to review stats from a larger sample pool. (in-house testing can only take you so far)

I've personally had maybe 6 or 7 void keys drop from defense missions in these three days, lucky i suppose- but i've also only had 1 forma drop from 20+ void runs and way too many latron prime blueprints (and only 2 barrels, no stocks or receivers, no frost parts, etc.) I'm really not all that worried. You shouldn't expect to be able to get everything in one day. In fact, i'd venture to guess many of the additions made in U8 were designed around the idea of slowing player progression without frustating them too much so that DE can stop crunching for new content every week and spend some more time fixing, adjusting, and improving existing content. (at least i hope)

Give it time- really.

After resetting and watching mod drop rates and progression, I feel this is the most likely conclusion. They still dun goofed with moving almost all weapons to BP's. In the 15 hurs Ive played thuis far, the only thing Ive been able to make is the Bronco and Kronos. Everything else needs buttloads of farming past Saturn and Venus and I dunno if many new players will be able to hold out very long for the nice weapons to start rolling in.

The wiki says they are a rare drop on defense missions. Which means a lot of folks will end up like me and that elusive Flow mod. 150 hours of gameplay and still no sight of a single one. Might need to tie them to a boss or something else.

Thats something?

Found my first flow mod at 378 hours of game play.

Welcome to the rice fields motherf*****.

Luck makes a game fair.

No. Just no. The kind of "fair" luck is random damage, like crits. That way, you can win even against something stronger than you. You just need a bit of luck. Extremely low drop rates are not fair. It creates a discrimination between the people who dropped it, and the people who dont.

Worse, it creates a discrimination between payers and non-payers. It is fine when non-payers can overcome it with a bit of patience, but there it can vary wildly, between 15 minutes and several weeks. Not fair.

Luck makes a game fair.

Except when it does not.

See that 100+ item loot drop table? Its called the mod system.

Could you tell me what your chance at obtaining something specific is when every mod drop has the same chance (not counting rarity here to make it simpler for you) and there are 100+ potential drops?

Lets say i want a flow mod. When a mod drops, whats my chance of it being flow? Cause as far as i see its something that is measured in 70 decimals.

Luck makes the game fair to a certain extent.

In warframe it does the exact opposite: While someone gets lucky with a multi shot mod and effectively doubles his/her damage, you will be running on half of it for hundreds of hours or even more.

The first flow mod i ever saw dropped after 378 hours of game play. This might be called fair in your dictionary, but its spelled as completely insane in mine. Grinding will burn out your player base while there will be always extreme amounts of balance issues due to non obtainable yet utterly overpowered mods.

I think this game is quite based on luck (like every RPG game that drops items). On some days I don't find any good mods and there are days like yesterday and today: 2 keys after wave 5 in the first two sessions on Kiliken (I did just these two) and today one key and 3 (!) multishots. Now I can expect to find crap in the next days :)