Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apex Running On Amd [Dx12]

CyklonDX

Erm, those aren't 1440p or 4k mate....

Look at the font size difference on my 1440p vs your 1440p and 4k....(both of those are 2048x1152)

they are being compressed by tinypic; can't help it ~ if you give me url for host that doesn't shrink them, i'll reupload... [ yours 1440p are compressed also to 1600x900]

P.P.S. It isn't Apex: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Resources/ContentExamples/EffectsGallery/index.html

Lesson to be learned: just because it looks like Apex PhysX doesn't mean it is.

This is as much proof as your understanding how DX12 works...

Edited by CyklonDX

they are being compressed by tinypic; can't help it ~ if you give me url for host that doesn't shrink them, i'll reupload... [ yours 1440p are compressed also to 1600x900]

Aye, that explains the size of the saved images but this doesn't explain the size of the fps font. Why is my 1440p font smaller than your 4k ?

Aye, that explains the size of the saved images but this doesn't explain the size of the fps font. Why is my 1440p font smaller than your 4k ?

gib upload place with no compression and i'll reupload. Can't tell if they are smaller or bigger ~ might be just system params.

This is as much proof as your understanding how DX12 works...

Except that it's the UE4 documentation detailing the effects used for the Elemental demo.

There's also this presentation from Unreal detailing the tech that goes into the demo.

Again, no mention of Nvidia Apex effects. Only Unreal Engine 4 effects.

Additionally, because of how DX12 works, Apex effects are for the most part obsolete. This is because DX12 is designed to allow the control of a GPUs hardware to perform more complex calculations that would normally burden CPUs. Basically it allows GPU hardware acceleration for high-calculation effects (i.e. volumetric effects, millions of particles, etc) regardless of proprietary hardware/software combos (such as Apex or TressFX).

By using an API that can access a GPUs hardware regardless of whether the GPU is Nvidia or AMD, it allows for hardware accelerated effects on par with proprietary effects normally exclusive to either card... Basically AMD cards can run effects that are on par with Apex PhysX effects, and Nvidia cards can run effects that are on par with AMDs TressFX, etc.

gotta go to work ~ i'll reupload 4k and 1440p later, kiteohatto ~ reupload yours too.

@Letter13

While they are not saying anything, they did use APEX. Its written by definition

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Rendering/ParticleSystems/Reference/TypeData/GPUSprites/index.html

but not named as such. Its pretty much the definition of APEX...

gotta go to work ~ i'll reupload 4k and 1440p later, kiteohatto ~ reupload yours too.

@Letter13

While they are not saying anything, they did use APEX. Its written by definition

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Rendering/ParticleSystems/Reference/TypeData/GPUSprites/index.html

but not named as such. Its pretty much the definition of APEX...

If it doesn't say it's running APEX, it's not running APEX.

Saying it is when it says it isn't is ignorance, plain and simple. But I suppose ignorance is bliss, as the saying goes.