Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Edited)Ordis Has Possible Knowledge Of The Sentient/lore *spoilers*

themarksman10109

*A bit of a disclaimer* This is just speculation and interpretation, not cold hard fact. If you do not agree with what is being said in this thread, then either move on or leave some constructive criticism. 

"Do not lift the veil. Do not show the door. Do not split the dream." - Ordis

This quote that Ordis regularly says at random, while on the ship may provide knowledge of the Sentient and show that Ordis does contain some degree of information from the old ages, despite his broken memories.

"Do not lift the veil." This could be Ordis saying "Do not uncover the sentient".

"Do not show the door." This could be Ordis saying "Do not show the Sentient a way to escape, if it has been awakened."

"Do not split the dream." This last quote is a bit harder to interpret. To me, this is Ordis warning us to not let the Sentient "mass produce" itself. In previous Dev streams and side vids, DE has hinted that the Sentient adapts to its current situation; that the beings we saw in the Tombs of the Sentient trailer are all possibly controlled by one or a hand full of beings. Allowing the Sentient to "split the dream" would be allowing it to split itself apart into these other bodies or machines; gaining a hive-mind-like control over thousands of entities.

On the other hand the term "second dream" has been tossed around a bit in the game (POSSIBLE SPOILER ex. the natah quest.) So this could provide some completely different meaning.

EDIT : "Operator.....in the Old War I remember there were lies, but i can remember what they were." - Ordis

This quote highlights a number of topics. (MAJOR SPOILER)In the Natah quest it is revealed that the Sentients are still alive, the Lotus is one, and that she was tasked with killing the tenno. All of these are possible lies that Ordis may be referring to. The Orokin were lied to when they believed that they had defeated the sentients. We were lied to in believing that the Lotus was anything but a sentient. The Lotus/Natah lied to her father about killing the tenno.

Other lies include: the Orokin public believing that the tenno were treated fairly, or that they even existed( as seen in Mag Prime's Codex entry.) 

So with all of that aside please feel free to tell me what you guys think and if you guys can fill in any holes or gaps tell me how. ^_^ thanks.

Edited by themarksman10109

This sounds pretty good, but it's just possible they are simply void imprints, like in the Hidden Messages quest.

Also, remember "Do you remember anything from the old war, operator? Ordis seems to have replaced those memories."

"ordis seems to have misplaced those memories"

I think the Second dream is about the lotus putting the tenno in cryo statis and not about locking the Sentients in tombs.

locking them in void cryostasis, cause regular tenno, or the "duplicate" tenno rather are just copies of the prime ones, and why would the copies be locked in the orokin cryostasis

There is a more common explanation, due to the A New Strange quest.

Ordis, and several other "antique" Mark-II Cephalons, fought with the Tenno during the Sentient War.

The Sentient, very capable of turning Orokin technology against itself, tried to corrupt the Cephalons and make them betray the Tenno. Most Cephalons either soccumbed or were destroyed (remember, Simaris is astonished to find a Mark-II Cephalon still functioning: all those he had met were "damaged beyond repair").

Ordis receives the code but, in a desperate attempt, partitions his mind and blocks access to the corrupted code. He survives and, despite being damage, it's not "beyond repair".

Later Cephalons, such as Simaris (him calling Ordis "antique" means that he is of a much younger generation) are created with anti-Sentient code in them.

During the New Strange quest, however, just a single sentence uttered by the Sentient is enough to create huge distress. Simaris, who is also much more complex, is immune to the Sentient message and is able to immediately shield Ordis.

This explains not only how and why Ordis was damaged to this extent and how and why he is the only antique Mark-II Cephalon to still run a Liset, but it also explains several sentences:

- "I will never betray you, Operator" -> the Sentient hacking was meant to make Ordis betray. Ordis' loyalty is one of his most defining traits.

- "Do you remember the Old War, Operator? Ordis seems to have.. misplaced those memories" -> he technically blocked them on purpose, with all of the corrupted code.

- "My missing memories... what if Ordis did that?" -> he did.

- "Do not lift the veil" -> the veil that covers the corrupted code and the hidden memories.

- "Do not show the door" -> a metaphor for the way to his memories?

- "Do not split the dream" -> of being whole. Of never having been corrupted.

There is a more common explanation, due to the A New Strange quest.

Ordis, and several other "antique" Mark-II Cephalons, fought with the Tenno during the Sentient War.

The Sentient, very capable of turning Orokin technology against itself, tried to corrupt the Cephalons and make them betray the Tenno. Most Cephalons either soccumbed or were destroyed (remember, Simaris is astonished to find a Mark-II Cephalon still functioning: all those he had met were "damaged beyond repair").

Ordis receives the code but, in a desperate attempt, partitions his mind and blocks access to the corrupted code. He survives and, despite being damage, it's not "beyond repair".

Later Cephalons, such as Simaris (him calling Ordis "antique" means that he is of a much younger generation) are created with anti-Sentient code in them.

During the New Strange quest, however, just a single sentence uttered by the Sentient is enough to create huge distress. Simaris, who is also much more complex, is immune to the Sentient message and is able to immediately shield Ordis.

This explains not only how and why Ordis was damaged to this extent and how and why he is the only antique Mark-II Cephalon to still run a Liset, but it also explains several sentences:

- "I will never betray you, Operator" -> the Sentient hacking was meant to make Ordis betray. Ordis' loyalty is one of his most defining traits.

- "Do you remember the Old War, Operator? Ordis seems to have.. misplaced those memories" -> he technically blocked them on purpose, with all of the corrupted code.

- "My missing memories... what if Ordis did that?" -> he did.

- "Do not lift the veil" -> the veil that covers the corrupted code and the hidden memories.

- "Do not show the door" -> a metaphor for the way to his memories?

- "Do not split the dream" -> of being whole. Of never having been corrupted.

I love what you did here and this is a really good explanation. Anyone who has read my post should take your opinion into consideration.