The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regular Ash From Manics

ZeranSL

Question

Has anyone found a way to find manics? I've been farming for regular ash for several days now and I've only seen one manic and got one ash part. Honestly it was just luck - I was helping a friend run through phobos and we were doing an excavation when a manic showed up. 

I've tried doing that same mission dozens of times with no luck. I've tried running the boss's of phobos to see if they spawn there - no luck. I went to Uranus and beat the boss there many times. The manics for Tyl Regor don't seem to drop ash parts even though the wiki shows them in the drop table. 

I've tried the clustril exterminate mission a bunch of times without seeing one - and met several other people trying to get ash as well. I've been experimenting to different ways of doing the mission. One guy I met suggested waiting after each area is cleared while the alarm is going. Said he saw the manic twice by doing this, but that could be coincidence since he was also just doing that mission over and over and over again. 

I've tried waiting around with locked doors and alarm going. I've tried setting off alarms and just waiting at the beginning of the mission. I've tried almost all the missions on phobos, many in sedna, and many in uranus and I haven't seen a single other manic. 

Am I looking in the wrong places? Anyone have tips or have seen the manic consistently since ash started dropping from manics?

Here's something I've been been meaning to test:

------

Grab a Helios and scan Manic's until you unlock them in the Simulacrum. Next, head to Simulacrum and spawn alot of low-leveled Manics. Kill them and get the Ash drops from them.

-------

I've gotten quite a few parts to drop this way, but never checked my inventory to ensure the parts remained after quitting the Simulacrum. I'll try testing it soon.

Here's something I've been been meaning to test:

------

Grab a Helios and scan Manic's until you unlock them in the Simulacrum. Next, head to Simulacrum and spawn alot of low-leveled Manics. Kill them and get the Ash drops from them.

-------

I've gotten quite a few parts to drop this way, but never checked my inventory to ensure the parts remained after quitting the Simulacrum. I'll try testing it soon.

Simulacrum rewards never stay in your inventory. For rewards purposes, leaving the Simulacrum is the same as aborting a mission.

The only thing which can be gained from the Simulacrum are additional codex scans, which are mostly pointless since you have to have the completed entry to spawn them there anyway.

-edit- Apparently, after just testing some things, Simulacrum enemies only drop ammo/health/energy now, nothing else.

You could also, say, win a bet with someone about scanning a certain particular enemy, and have it still count in the codex though.

Edited by Kthal

In 62 Tyl Regor runs (counting from inventory), average 8 Drekar Manics per run (3+3+2), I received a total of 1x Ash Prime Helmet. (And I was running a Nekros looking for a Final Harbinger for more than half of them.)

In a typical Trial, over the course of three stages, I kill about 15 Manics, and end up with about 2-4 assorted Ash parts.

Furthermore, I have seen three Manics on regular Ceres missions since U17, and have had one of them drop an Ash Prime Chassis.

Drekar Manics have a significantly nerfed Ash drop rate compared to regular Manics.

During LoR is still there a chance to drop Ash components ?  Watched few videos on yt about this mission etc and after all ending screen was without any parts.  I've tried to spawn maniacs on normal mission on ceres but after like 10-12 times only 1 spawned and dropped nothing.