Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being Forced To Zoom In To Glide Or Latch Isnt Good.

Roogan

I used the old parkour system a lot, and have become quite competent with the new one as well, and it's pretty good for the most part, could use some tweaking and polish, but doesn't have many massive problems.

However, this is one of them.

When you're moving at high speeds, jumping around, over, past, and latching angled to enemies, having to "aim" in order to glide or latch makes preforming quick shots uncomfortable, annoying, and harder then it should be, because you're forced to tunnel vision and have your aim speed itself slowed.

This is not what you want when you're trying to quickly shoot enemies.

(also aiming while latched seems to screw up the camera a lot and make crap block your view.)

For any devs reading this, the best way is to see for yourself, try out parkour without the forced zoom in your devbuild, I'm sure you'll feel how much more fast and comfortable it is.

For any players, you can get a small taste of this with melee weapons, since you can parkour without the zoom, even if you cant shoot.

I'm sure there are dozens of different ways or possible binds to solve this; But Personally:

I would bind latching to the lack of shift when at walls, i.e., you just at a wall holding space, holding shift lets you run around the wall, while not will latch you, as long as you're still holding space.

on a slightly different note we were also told we would be able to jump or latch to nearly every surface, however I cant seem to latch to the ceiling, or jump on it for that matter. it would be pretty cool if we could.

also ya'll should check out cloudbuilt if you like  snazzy wall running.

Edited by Roogan

I tried latching with a melee weapon yesterday and I can say that it feels much better, you shouldn't really be doing shooting for prolonged periods anyway, so I don't think the zoom is necessary at all. It's especially bad with scoped weapons, you can't tell what the hell is going on.

I would bind latching to the lack of shift when at walls, i.e., you just at a wall holding space, holding shift lets you run around the wall, while not will latch you, as long as you're still holding space.

Not sure about this though. The new system means that you don't need to sprint to wallrun, so you would just stick to walls instead of wallrunning when not sprinting. However, being required to hold sprint for the entire duration of a wallrun would be counterproductive to reducing hand strain (and annoying, honestly).

Edited by Ailith

I tried latching with a melee weapon yesterday and I can say that it feels much better, you shouldn't really be doing shooting for prolonged periods anyway, so I don't think the zoom is necessary at all. It's especially bad with scoped weapons, you can't tell what the hell is going on.

Not sure about this though. The new system means that you don't need to sprint to wallrun, so you would just stick to walls instead of wallrunning when not sprinting. However, being required to hold sprint for the entire duration of a wallrun would be counterproductive to reducing hand strain (and annoying, honestly).

why not just bind wall latching and aim gliding to shift? I also feel that wall latching and aim gliding should not be timed In PVE. There is no reason to have it be on a timer. If the excuse is that it makes the games slower, then that a horrid excuse. We need some movement aspect to be slower to help let our minds catch up. I can hardly use aim gliding to kill enemies because it still moves to fast. And I can't use wall latching either because the camera is awkward and it didn't last very long at all.