Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For New Anime

(PSN)zeratul____12

I'm looking for anime with any mecha or swordplay, alos any anime with the level of detail like in Appleseed Alpha would be much appreciated

For those who haven't seen Appleseed alpha I has the best detail I have ever seen, but a bit of a boring story but is worth watching for the level of detail the creators put into it

Knights of Sidonia is basically mecha anime meets Battlestar Galactica reboot.  They do a decent job in the first season of doing a "hard science" sci-fi approach to things, the second season gets a little fantastical, but it ramps up well so you don't notice it much.

It's on Netflix atm.

Edited by Gelkor

Appleseed Alpha if not mistaked uses a different kind of artwork, something similar to Beowulf movie and Final Fantasy Advent Children.

I personally dislike Mechas, yet, i've seen a few, try to watch:

IS: Infinte Stratos

Nobunaga the Fool

Evangelion

Appleseed Alpha if not mistaked uses a different kind of artwork, something similar to Beowulf movie and Final Fantasy Advent Children.

I personally dislike Mechas, yet, i've seen a few, try to watch:

IS: Infinte Stratos

Nobunaga the Fool

Evangelion

I've only seen Infinite Stratos. And it's good if you like fan service.XD

FTFY :)

I've still yet to see a decent anime/movie adaptation of Appleseed IMO, the ~1980 manga still reigns supreme.  Alpha probably did the closest job of it, but they changed Sokaku from a smart-! Hungarian demolitions expert mercenary into an American Warlord Gangster, which is lame IMO =/ 

Edited by Gelkor

Aldnoah.Zero- It gets S#&$ towards the end of season 1 and continues all the way through season 2.

Kakumeiki Valvrave- It had a lot of plot holes. Still, it was pretty entertaining. 

Ginga Kikoutei Majestic Prince- Felt a bit similar to Gundam Seed

Knights of Sidonia- Gelkor already covered this

Hell, just watch some of the Gundam series or something :P

And damn, I really do have to watch more mecha anime myself...