Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kamen Rider Thread

Proto-Drive

1 minute ago, WindigoTG said:

Does she have one though?

She has a misterious superior she reports to, and that's it so far. Unless I blinked and missed something important, so far she seems to just be along for the ride because it's her job.

I hope writers do have something important planned for her.

That was the Ulterior motive I was referring to. I have my suspicions about who that superior might be, but lets not forget the other reason why her fighting on a consistent basis is a bad idea.

5 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

That was the Ulterior motive I was referring to. I have my suspicions about who that superior might be, but lets not forget the other reason why her fighting on a consistent basis is a bad idea.

I don't really mind her not fighting, she's an Ozawa Sumiko type character: the brain behind the tech, after all.Although, I wouldn't mind to see her in action more; Russian Cheater introduction was quite BA!

I'm more concerned if the writers will go "Hey, we're making show for teenage boys, boys are interested in male heroes, let's put all our efforts in male riders".

In the last two episodes she appeared as a "Here's a new toy, soon in stores!" cameo.

I'm probably panicking too soon - ever since Ghost they are front-loading the season with merch introductions, and the story and charachter development really starts to get going after ~10th episode, when most of the merch is out of the way.

It's just that Valkirie and Vulcan kinda give me Lupin vs. Pat vibe - Vulcan is given a personal reason to fight, like Lupins were; and Pats were just along for the ride without any reason other than the job, as Valkirie so far.

And I also heard thatEx-Aid's creative crew is behind Zero-One, so It gives me some mixed feelings too.

Come to think of it, Zero-One is the first season I'm watching "live", and not binge-watching after the season is complete, so, probably, it's just the "can't wait for the next episode" anxiety is getting onto me, haha :clem:

18 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

I don't really mind her not fighting, she's an Ozawa Sumiko type character: the brain behind the tech, after all.Although, I wouldn't mind to see her in action more; Russian Cheater introduction was quite BA!

I'm more concerned if the writers will go "Hey, we're making show for teenage boys, boys are interested in male heroes, let's put all our efforts in male riders".

In the last two episodes she appeared as a "Here's a new toy, soon in stores!" cameo.

I'm probably panicking too soon - ever since Ghost they are front-loading the season with merch introductions, and the story and charachter development really starts to get going after ~10th episode, when most of the merch is out of the way.

It's just that Valkirie and Vulcan kinda give me Lupin vs. Pat vibe - Vulcan is given a personal reason to fight, like Lupins were; and Pats were just along for the ride without any reason other than the job, as Valkirie so far.

And I also heard thatEx-Aid's creative crew is behind Zero-One, so It gives me some mixed feelings too.

Come to think of it, Zero-One is the first season I'm watching "live", and not binge-watching after the season is complete, so, probably, it's just the "can't wait for the next episode" anxiety is getting onto me, haha :clem:

Also, I have suspicion that her mysterious boss might just be working for that other company that keeps getting mentioned, Zaia Enterprises. What I'm more curious about, however, are those Progrise keys that have supposedly surfaced in Hiden's possession. We know for a fact that, out of all the keys Aruto uses, the only on that might be part of those keys is Rising Hopper, since it's the only key who's creation isn't explicitly shown(ie, it conveniently came out of nowhere).

1 minute ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Also, I have suspicion that her mysterious boss might just be working for that other company that keeps getting mentioned, Zaia Enterprises. What I'm more curious about, however, are those Progrise keys that have supposedly surfaced in Hiden's possession. We know for a fact that, out of all the keys Aruto uses, the only on that might be part of those keys is Rising Hopper, since it's the only key who's creation isn't explicitly shown(ie, it conveniently came out of nowhere).

Yes, AIMS's tech is suspiciously the same as Hiden's tech, both Progrise keys and the new Attache Shotgun, so they definately have some form of access to Hiden's tech, or some benefactor, like Zaia, with such access - either some reverse-engineered, ahem, "loose samples", corporate espionage, or some behind-the-scenes connections between higher-ups of both sides (the vice president does have some things to hide, after all).

Since Riders always get their power from the same source as monster do, it is possible that WhateverRise key technology is originally MetsubouJinrai.net's tech, reverse-engineered by other parties, who get their hands on some form of it, either independently, or one after the either.

For example, Hiden gets keys connected to Daybreak incedent, develops Zero-One driver, vice-p. "shares" keys with Zaia as a part of cover-up activity and for his own agenda, and then AIMS gets tech from Zaia through Valkirie and the misterious person.

Ok, so the revealed info in the new episode is supremely interesting. Jin being a Humagear, a law that prevents Humagear from being based on an actual human without said human's express permission, and the henshin for the Forceriser. Whew, so much stuff. Also, is it just me, or does it look like Horobi could possibly be related to Aruto in some way, like maybe a half-sibling.

17 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Also, is it just me, or does it look like Horobi could possibly be related to Aruto in some way, like maybe a half-sibling.

Since Jin is now a proof of concept of a Humagear indistinguishable from a real human, and even thinking themself human, I think Aruto may actually be a Humagear himself.

Remember, his father in flashbacks from Daybreak is a humagear, which may mean one of two things:

a) Aruto's real father has died at some point in the past and his grandfather has made a humagear replacement, so Aruto could still have a father figure in his life.

b) Aruto's grandfather has never had a family and made himself a "son" and a "grandson" to not die a lonely old loser.

This episode strongly suggest option B to be the case, as it is entirely centered around human and humagear parent-child relationship.

Also, remember, in the first episode everyone on the Hiden's board is surprised to know Korenosuke Hiden has a grandson.

Maybe Horobi is Humagear of this kind too, the first of this kind, and sort of Aruto's "older brother".

Let's say, Horobi was the first "child" of Korenosuke, then Aruto was "born" and Korenosuke's attention shifted fully to him. Which led to Horobi to feel neglected, as it may happen in families with newborn and older children, and he developed a resentment to humans, and that's why he now wants to exterminate them. This also can explain his "You're a big boy already, you don't need my protection" attitude towards Jin.

Edited by WindigoTG

16 hours ago, WindigoTG said:

Since Jin is now a proof of concept of a Humagear indistinguishable from a real human, and even thinking themself human, I think Aruto may actually be a Humagear himself.

Remember, his father in flashbacks from Daybreak is a humagear, which may mean one of two things:

a) Aruto's real father has died at some point in the past and his grandfather has made a humagear replacement, so Aruto could still have a father figure in his life.

b) Aruto's grandfather has never had a family and made himself a "son" and a "grandson" to not die a lonely old loser.

This episode strongly suggest option B to be the case, as it is entirely centered around human and humagear parent-child relationship.

Also, remember, in the first episode everyone on the Hiden's board is surprised to know Korenosuke Hiden has a grandson.

Maybe Horobi is Humagear of this kind too, the first of this kind, and sort of Aruto's "older brother".

Let's say, Horobi was the first "child" of Korenosuke, then Aruto was "born" and Korenosuke's attention shifted fully to him. Which led to Horobi to feel neglected, as it may happen in families with newborn and older children, and he developed a resentment to humans, and that's why he now wants to exterminate them. This also can explain his "You're a big boy already, you don't need my protection" attitude towards Jin.

Well, the article for Soreo Hiden on the wiki says outright that the real one died, so option A is the correct one. Plus, in episode 1 it didn't strike me that they were surprised that Aruto existed, more that Aruto was inheriting the company. My guess is, Soreo might've had a second son, probably via an extramarital relationship, and when Soreo died, the knowledge of Horobi died with him. At least, thats the most likely theory I have. I have another, one that explains the reason for the Daybreak Town incident, but thats a bit long-winded and confusing, and I'm not fully comfortable posting yet.