Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Seer - Please Buff It

atom

no, that is not objective. that is subjective.

it's dependant on Player Skill as to whether that makes a lick of difference or not. if we're comparing on a Player that has never used a Computer before, then perhaps Ray Trace is easier to use.

whether one or the other is easier or not is very subjective.

i beg to differ. a weapon that hits the instant you click the mouse is objectively better than one that has a delay. like i explained before the propose of a weapon is to kill things. one that can do it faster and more reliable with less required skill is better objectively. what is subjective is player preference for one or the other mechanic but we are not talking about that.

i hope this is the end of this argument because i see i goes nowhere. if you can't see why click/dead is objectively better then click ..(time)... / miss / maybe dead for a weapon i don't know what else to say

Edited by ..atom..

i beg to differ. a weapon that hits the instant you click the mouse is objectively better than one that has a delay. like i explained before the propose of a weapon is to kill things. one that can do it faster and more reliable with less required skill is better objectively. what is subjective is player preference for one or the other mechanic but we are not talking about that.

i hope this is the end of this argument because i see i goes nowhere. if you can't see why click/dead is objectively better then click ..(time)... / miss / maybe dead for a weapon i don't know what else to say

Perhaps on PC with point and click mouse that is true.

With a controller (I'm on PS4) the difference between ray-trace (hit-scan) and projectiles are much smaller.

Players don't say Bows/Crossbows are terrible because they have projectile speed (All Bows are slower than Seer)

All continous beam weapons have delayed damage applied.

I don't see people saying Amprex, Phage, or Atomos are terrible because they have delyaed damage and thus cannot be top tier.

Or that Boltor Prime is a terrible weapon because it has flight-speed.(Flight speed much lower than Seer: 70m/s vs 200m/s)

I'm foing to say hit-scan vs projectile is subjective and not objective for damage comparisons.

If it is truly objective, than every game play comparison will show that the hit-scam weapons are always dealing more damage than projectile weapons.

Now Slower projectiles like the Supra.....that is an example of "too slow"

...really.

Even on PC, NO ONE says bows, Amprex, Atomos, or Boltor Prime in particular are weaker than hitscan weapons, because that's just absurd. Phage is more niche, but it has its fans.

Seer... I'll admit, the sheer clunkiness of the weapon makes it look a lot worse than it is. I am guilty of underestimating it for that reason. I should potato/forma the thing one of these days, just because it's a really damned pretty weapon.

Supra got buffed, though, and it is very good for its intended niche now.

im not saying hitscan does more damage or that they are better overall. that would be absurd. why even bring weapons like atomos and amprex into this? grasping at straws ftw.

i play with non hitscan weapons and enjoy them as i do the seer (it's the reason why i'm asking for some kind of buff for it or QOL adjustment)

i was comparing the ease of use and overall results of lex vs seer. the seer is not much better than lex and it should be IMHO

i'm saying the the hitscan mechanic objectively allows damage to be delivered to the target faster and in a more accurate way because it happens instantly vs with a delay you may need to compensate for. there is nothing subjective about that.

also a faster reload is objectively better than a slower one.

i hope i've made myself clear .. this time

p.s. buff the seer please

Edited by ..atom..

im not saying hitscan does more damage or that they are better overall. that would be absurd. why even bring weapons like atomos and amprex into this? grasping at straws ftw.

i play with non hitscan weapons and enjoy them as i do the seer (it's the reason why i'm asking for some kind of buff for it or QOL adjustment)

i was comparing the ease of use and overall results of lex vs seer. the seer is not much better than lex and it should be IMHO

i'm saying the the hitscan mechanic objectively allows damage to be delivered to the target faster and in a more accurate way because it happens instantly vs with a delay you may need to compensate for. there is nothing subjective about that.

also a faster reload is objectively better than a slower one.

i hope i've made myself clear .. this time

p.s. buff the seer please

Lex got buffed and it's better than vaykor.

but lex looks better

im sry i fail to see how your comments are related to the topic at hand about the seer. if you have anything to add about the seer and my asking for a buff for it pls do if not you can raise your post count in the off topic section.

I would comment, but the Seer and miter are two weapons that I never got, because RNG. Sounds horrible though. And I would totally back a Janus seer.

I feel you on the Miter, but I found that the Seer was pretty fun to play with and not so RNG-ey to get. But it just couldn't hold a flame to other superior sniper pistols, no matter how much I liked it.

Seconding the creation of a Janus Seer that requires the original Seer to make, a la how Tiberon requires a Latron. That'd be a sweet BP drop to make fighting Corrupted Vor a little more fun, and be a good solution to just buffing the Seer. The Seer is a Mastery 0 sniper pistol for early folks to work with for before trying to get their hands on a Mastery 5 Marelok or the like.

A Janus Seer that can rival a Marelok? I'm listening, DE, I'm listening. AND POSSIBLY DRAFTING CRUDE MS PAINT ART CONCEPTS/DESIGN STATS.

im sry i fail to see how your comments are related to the topic at hand about the seer. if you have anything to add about the seer and my asking for a buff for it pls do if not you can raise your post count in the off topic section.

meh the biggest fail I feel the seer has is that scope and travel time. I mean if I'm going to sacrifice my screen space (pretty much awareness of enemies) then I better hit the target, but those bullets have quite a bit of travel time. It's kind of awkward. If it's going to have that much zoom it better have hitscan, because I really don't feel like leading those enemies, or the opposite less zoom and the same travel time. Besides the scope and travel time, the seer has been severely power creeped like most weapons in the game, but it's completely up to DE when it comes to changing stats. Finally one major problem with the weapon is that it has NO CRITs. It relegates seer into a full elemental build, because the weapon can't really use any other mods to boost it's DPS. 8 mag for a 3 second reload? Ouch. The weapon is weak and it feels clunky. oh I found building it with the three dmg mods, four elemental mods and lethal momentum. I shouldn't really be modding for that speed as the DPS is low enough, and plus I'm too lazy to lead my targets, in order to snipe that headshot. SO YES HIT SEER WITH A BUFF HAMMER. 

meh the biggest fail I feel the seer has is that scope and travel time. I mean if I'm going to sacrifice my screen space (pretty much awareness of enemies) then I better hit the target, but those bullets have quite a bit of travel time. It's kind of awkward. If it's going to have that much zoom it better have hitscan, because I really don't feel like leading those enemies, or the opposite less zoom and the same travel time. Besides the scope and travel time, the seer has been severely power creeped like most weapons in the game, but it's completely up to DE when it comes to changing stats. Finally one major problem with the weapon is that it has NO CRITs. It relegates seer into a full elemental build, because the weapon can't really use any other mods to boost it's DPS. 8 mag for a 3 second reload? Ouch. The weapon is weak and it feels clunky. oh I found building it with the three dmg mods, four elemental mods and lethal momentum. I shouldn't really be modding for that speed as the DPS is low enough, and plus I'm too lazy to lead my targets, in order to snipe that headshot. SO YES HIT SEER WITH A BUFF HAMMER.

But Seer can crit and Projectile speed is fastest (tied with Lanka) at 200m/s

More than twice the projectile speed of Dread, Bolotr Prime, Paris Prime....twice the speed of Dera, Daikyu

More than twice the projectile speed of Dread, Bolotr Prime, Paris Prime....twice the speed of Dera, Daikyu

but it's that scope. You got a huge view and that shooting far is essentially what makes this gun sniperlike, however shooting far is a bit hard, also the seer can't crit. It has 0% crit chance and I haven't seen it score a yellow number once. Oh and I don't shoot that far with bows because sights isn't going to get me that good of a shot. 

Edited by Heidrek

seer can't crit on it's own mutalist quanta bubbles don't count.

all prime weapons are mastery 0 so saying this should be weak for that reason is bull. also there are plenty other mastery 0 weapons better than seer in every way, easier to obtain, with no lore behind and less detailed/beautiful designs.

the problem with it's very fast travel time and magnificent zoom is it makes you miss targets that are not very close if they constantly move like grineer for example and with a mag of 8 and reload of 3.8s yeah that's awesome.

give the seer a small aoe like the projectile animation looks like it has and a less exaggerated zoom level and this problem goes away.

tbh i find it easier to lead and hit targets with non hitscan weapon that have longer travel time and even arch like throwing knives. they also have bigger mags and way faster reloads.

buff

the

seer

please

p.s. stop grasping at straws naysayer

Edited by ..atom..

Agreed. With the most easy-to-reach weapon fused with Orokin tech, I suggest buffing it (less reload time, less recoil) but keep it only on Phobos. Orokin Tech is supposed to be good, not unusable.