The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Syndicates To Choose?

(XBOX)Vanilla Haiku

Question

16 answers to this question

Whichever one dude... I'm aure someone is gonna come with a long post for the advantages and disadvantages of each one and all that but you gotta pick either one that you really just "relate" with or one that has a warframe that you think you might want to main in the future once you get better

There are only a few things from a game mechanical stand point:
If you are playing alone, you might want to check the weapons and mods you can buy at each syndicate

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicates

and pick yours accordingly. However, If you play with others you can easily trade them.

Also, keep in mind, that you can have 3 (or if you really pushing it 4) syndicates at the same time.

Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda and Steel Meridian do not interfere with each other (in AoH and CS are even friends). While the same works for Perrin Sequence, New Loka and Red Veil (where PS and NL are friends).

So, my suggestion: Take the one, you like best from a style point of view. Until you got enough standing in order to buy mods and weapons, you probably know enough other players (or joined a clan) in order to trade whatever you want ;)

But always go for three syndicates!

Basing your decision mainly on what you might want to use is certainly viable

but then again, all Augments and weapons are tradable, so ... meh.

The Syandanas (also Restore Items and Specters) however are not tradable,

so if one of those catches your fancy, that'd be an IMO better basis for choosing.

That said, you can still switch Syndicates once you're "done" with your choses one(s).

Speaking of multiple Syndicates, don't choose just one, choose four :P

Possible combinations:

1) Steel / Suda / Hexis / Veil

Only run Steel / Suda missions, have a Steel Sigil equipped.

Suda won't interfere with Steel and gives you +50% Hexis,

the -50% Veil is made up by the +50% Veil from Steel

and the Steel Sigil (no negative for Suda / Hexis) finally gets Veil into positive.

2) Veil / Loka / Perrin / Steel

Only run Veil / Loka missions, have a Veil Sigil equipped.

Works pretty much like the previous.

FYI, this combination makes you miss out on Suda's unique Large Team Shield Restore. (Eh, no big deal, IMO.)

3) Perrin / Hexis / Loka / Suda

Only run Perrin / Hexis missions, alternate between Perrin / Hexis Sigils.

Perrin / Hexis are opposed but you still get a total of +50% for each

and they don't interfere with Loka / Suda so +50% each there, as well.

FYI, this combination makes you miss out on Veil's unique Large Team Ammo Restore. (Maybe somewhat of a big deal, dunno.)

Basing your decision mainly on what you might want to use is certainly viable

but then again, all Augments and weapons are tradable, so ... meh.

The Syandanas (also Restore Items and Specters) however are not tradable,

so if one of those catches your fancy, that'd be an IMO better basis for choosing.

That said, you can still switch Syndicates once you're "done" with your choses one(s).

Speaking of multiple Syndicates, don't choose just one, choose four :P

Possible combinations:

and the Steel Sigil (no negative for Suda / Hexis) finally gets Veil into positive.

FYI, this combination makes you miss out on Suda's unique Large Team Shield Restore. (Eh, no big deal, IMO.)

3) Perrin / Hexis / Loka / Suda

Only run Perrin / Hexis missions, alternate between Perrin / Hexis Sigils.

Perrin / Hexis are opposed but you still get a total of +50% for each

and they don't interfere with Loka / Suda so +50% each there, as well.

FYI, this combination makes you miss out on Veil's unique Large Team Ammo Restore. (Maybe somewhat of a big deal, dunno.)

When choosing multiple syndicates isn't leveling going to be slow tho? Edited by (XB1)Vanilla Haiku

When choosing multiple syndicates isn't leveling going to be slow tho?

Eh, I've pretty recently made the switch from Steel + Suda to Veil + Loka

(meaning I had to shovel Loka and Perrin out of the dirt, i.e. -44k Standing)

and I'm already toting the Perrin Syandana, so I'd say it goes fast enough :P

(Also, you'll probably need some time to gather all the Rank 4 and 5 sacrifices, heh,)

Play every day, have a decently high Mastery Rank for the daily Standing cap,

git gud when it comes to finding Syndicate Medallions (Animal Instinct FTW)

and kablamso, you'll be a Flawless Exalted Maxim General Partner Genius in no time :D

No one mentioned this factor but I think its important:

Large team restores are not tradeable and so you have to level the proper syndicate to get the restore you want. To me by far the best in order:

1. Large Team Energy Restore

2. Large Team Health Restore

3 Large Team Ammo Restore

To get these, you need Perrin Sequence, New Loka and Red Veil. This is the path I followed.

Everything else aside from syndanas is tradeable, so getting the right Team Restores is a good way to pick your syndicates.

No one mentioned this factor but I think its important:

Large team restores are not tradeable and so you have to level the proper syndicate to get the restore you want. To me by far the best in order:

1. Large Team Energy Restore

2. Large Team Health Restore

3 Large Team Ammo Restore

To get these, you need Perrin Sequence, New Loka and Red Veil. This is the path I followed.

Everything else aside from syndanas is tradeable, so getting the right Team Restores is a good way to pick your syndicates.

Don't forget shield restores.

It is fairly easy to get max syndicate standing in three syndicates either the three on the left or three on the right.

Personally, I have Hexas and Suda which are allied and Steel which is neutral.

The two that are allied are the easiest to farm standing for mods and weapons to sell.

In the long run you may want to master all the syndicate weapons and get mods from all six.  It is typically fairly easy to trade from one syndicate to someone who has another especially if you have friends or clan members.

I feel ignored :(

Lol, sorry I see you did mention it.  As you know, to me, picking your Syndicate for the energy restore should probably be your primary selection factor.  

Don't forget shield restores.

Well, I did not forget them so much as I don't really value them all that much compared to the energy and health restores.  I have not spent a bunch of time using shield restores though so maybe I'm missing something.  Do you use them and like them?  What are the good situations for using them?

Possible combinations:

I am new to syndicates, but tried combination 2, the prob is I wont get any Loka missions to do as I dont get any standing with them using the Veil Sigil.

How am I surposed to get to the Loka missions then?

I am new to syndicates, but tried combination 2, the prob is I wont get any Loka missions to do as I dont get any standing with them using the Veil Sigil.

How am I surposed to get to the Loka missions then?

Well yeah, for the initial 5k, you do need to equip the Loka Sigil :P

It really comes down to how "wasteful" you want to get  with syndicate rep.  The simple case is doing only two that are allied with each other.  In this case your rep gain is 150% (100% from the sigil you wear and 50% on the ally).

When you mix in a third you start throwing away that bonus 50% whenever  you wear the 3rd's sigil. 

Add in a fourth and you throw away even more as you are throwing away the bonus on both pairs.

To me the best balance point is managing three - either left side or right side.  I only wear the 3rd sigil when I actually want something from them.  This means most of the time I'm maintaining that 150% gain while occasionally dropping to 100% gain.

If you go down this road you may want to start opposite, rank those to grab their stuff.  Then move to the 3rds and grab the stuff from both.  Finally move to the pair you want to be primary.

Hexis - left 1a

Suda - left 1b

Merridian - left 3rd

Perrin - right 1a

Loka - right 1b

Veil - right 3rd

I'd also suggest stock piling a load of medallions while in each.  Being able to sell those later make changing pairs a lot faster.