Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Vision Of The Mesa Peacemaker Rework

(XBOX)G R A V O C

Hey guys - so before I start. I am an avid Mesa user. I use the Mesa Warframe almost exclusively. While I do find her Peacemaker ability as it is to be very fun, I don't find it to be good for the long term of the game. Therefore, I would like to present my vision of what I imagine the perfect Peacemaker Ability would look like.

Peacemaker

- When the player activates Peacemaker, the player truly enters a gunslinger stance (the player enters a first person perspective with dual regulators equipped).

- Movement is still restricted while her 4th is active

- No changes to her energy drain

- Removes 360 degree, rapid fire, auto aim AI that can shoot targets 50 yards away, even behind walls.

Essentially, all that is being done is converting Peacemaker from an auto ability to a manual ability. Here is how I imagine it will be balanced.

- Peacemaker damage at base will be the same as it is. It will still be affected both positively and negatively by Power Strength mods.

- A damage multiplier will be visible in the lower right corner of the screen, similar to melee weapons.

- Accumulated landed shots will build up the multiplier.

- Head shots, rapid kills, and multi kills grant bonus to multiplier

- Missing a shot resets the multiplier back to base and must be re-accumulated.

- Since weapon accuracy is harder to keep than it is to keep successive hits going on melee, the rewards would be greater damage multipliers and would require less to achieve those multipliers.

- All other abilities can still be activated while in Peacemaker.

• This makes her a much more solid endgame frame, because Ballistic Battery can be used in conjunction with the Peacemaker damage multiplier to take care of Healing Ancients and Heavies.

- Headshots could have a chance to drop additional loot.

• This still allows her to be a viable frame for resource farming without giving the resources away for free

- Augment mod could be added that increases or guarantees double drop on headshot

This last idea could be good or bad. So I will suggest it and leave it to the community to judge.

- Energy restoring abilities work while Peacemaker is active.

• Energy Vampire, Energy Siphon, banish, energy restores, ect.

• Doesn't promote additional AFK ability since this rework makes Mesa a manual frame.

I don't support.

It goes against her lore if she can miss with Peacemaker.

Do you think old school Wild West gun slingers always never missed shots? They practiced religiously and spent years perfecting their aim to the point that they never missed, as legends say.

If Mesa lore says she never misses, then let the Tenno prove that. Let us perfect our aim, and master the art of gunslinging. We, the gunslinging Tenno can validate her legend, by dominating the battlefield, with aim as sure as the sun, and the swing of her regulators as swift as the wind.

I'm a big fan of lore as well. But I don't support keeping a stupidly OP ability just to fit lore.

This rework would have two results for players -

1.) Tenno has aim that is truly the aim of Mesa. The Tenno is highly rewarded with increased loot, and large damage multipliers that allow the Tenno to dominate the battlefield.

2.) Tenno lacks the aim of Mesa. The Tenno does not reap in the rewards of a true Mesa.

Do not forget that right now, the lore is leaning towards there being multiple frames, rather than one frame. Regarding Mesa - We had to beat a hallowed out Mesa. Then after the mission, we have to fight Alad V to find the components to build another Mesa.

Mesa also covers up her Neuro Sensor for an added challenge. Whats to say that the only reason she can't miss is because of her Neuro Sensor? So by covering it up for an added challenge means that she is relying only on her skills as a gunslinger. Meaning she could still miss!

So honestly. With Mesa's lore, this rework could easily be incorporated into her lore.

Just remember, if you have the aim of a Mesa, you get rewarded for it.

If your aim lacks the skill of a Mesa, you do not reap the rewards.

She drains 15 energy a seconds.

She wears the blindfold because than every shot would be too easy.

And she not moving while aiming is easly she can die even with her buƒs up and especially between castings. Also we are supposed to aim while not moving? At least gives us punch-through and x-ray vision.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

Irrelevant.

Look, I know you're trying to add a little more skill ceiling to Mesa, I just don't see your suggestion happening. Pun intended.

How would you go about reworking Peacemaker then?

I see a lot of people on the forums saying she doesn't need a rework and that the rework will never happen. I think they are foolish to think that something as OP as Peacemaker is not going to be nerfed. So the logic I've followed is if we know a nerf is coming, we might as well try and help find a good middle ground for DE to work on. Or else DE will just nerf Mesa so badly that she will become unusable until they finally get around to reworking her again.

There is no skill ceiling to peacemaker, there's no skill involved.

Excal is the master of swords but he still needs to aim.

Did you read the post?

Peacemaker as it stands is a skill'less ability.

My rework incorporates a skill ceiling into her ability by removing her auto AI and replacing it with a more rewarding manual user control that gives bonuses for accuracy.

If you really are so adamant on changing Peacemaker to be complete &#! like in your suggestion, then you need'a also change the rest of her kit, that isn't Shooting Gallery, to not be completely redundant and terrible as well.

'Cus honestly all Mesa's got going for her is Peacemaker'ing on Draco so her teammates, not even her, can 0-30 stuff. 

How would you go about reworking Peacemaker then?

Depends on how much time and resources DE allocated for the rework.

The quick rework would change it to a 120 degree arc in front of Mesa.

If I had it my way, I would simply make the player paint the targets before Peacemaker fired: Similar to scanning them, but about 10x faster. This would allow players to keep their "OP" ability, and fix the real problem that it creates - passive play.

Solution please give other frames aimbots too so we can stay still and just press 1 button :) ... (joke)

A lot of players say .. Mesa can die while on peacemaker...REASONS: player is mostly afk while in PM .....Yet i doubt a mesa will fall down cause she's always inside a snowglobe or with a trinity.

Edited by xDesconocidox

Depends on how much time and resources DE allocated for the rework.

The quick rework would change it to a 120 degree arc in front of Mesa.

If I had it my way, I would simply make the player paint the targets before Peacemaker fired: Similar to scanning them, but about 10x faster. This would allow players to keep their "OP" ability, and fix the real problem that it creates - passive play.

That's actually not a half bad idea. I would be fine if this was implemented as well.

Common sense. No other ability has as much killing ability as Mesa. Do you really think DE will just let a frame nuke the whole map for 2 and a half minutes by holding down a button?

Then let's nerf Miasma too! Might as well nerf Blade Storm while we're at it. Absorb reflects too much damage, nerf Nyx too!

Then let's nerf Miasma too! Might as well nerf Blade Storm while we're at it. Absorb reflects too much damage, nerf Nyx too!

Actually, Saryn is on the list of warframes that will get a kit rework according to Scott.  Not top priority but, she's on the list.

Edited by TheVigilant