Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interesting Findings Here About The Elemental Build For Void.

arman276

A Braton Prime with the same mods, except for element types, was used on a T3C run and the damage dealt to the level 30 enemies all the way up to 37/38 was taken as data. People always told me corrosive + cold is the way to go in void, for SOLO, so I ran some tests (excluding nullifiers because their big yellow shields are weird and they themselves are weak and infrequent)

(EXAMPLE OF DATA: "Mob: 100-120" means that the mob type takes 100 damage at level 37/38 and 120 damage at level 30 by the gun)

DATA

Corrosive (120% damage) + Cold (150% damage)

Bombards (Alloy): 90-140

Lancers (Alloy): 150-190
Heavies (Ferrite): 200-240
Butchers (Ferrite): 620-630
Shields: 590 
Corpus (Flesh): 510 
MOAs (Robotic): 490 
Ancients (Fossilized): 580

Viral (120% damage) + Radiation (150% damage)

Bombards (Alloy): 210-250 
Lancers (Alloy): 330-370 
Heavies (Ferrite): 120-150 
Butchers (Ferrite): 650-660 
Shields: 440 
Corpus (Flesh): 590 
MOAs (Robotic): 540 

Ancients (Fossilized): 360 

Note: Each damage number has been rounded to the nearest 5th (nothing ends with a 5 coincidentally) 

Adding up all the minimum values shows a total "void damage" of 3230 for Corrosive + Cold, and 3240 for Radiation + Viral. As for the maximum values, the total "void damage" is 3370 for Corrosive + Cold, and 3360 for Radiation + Viral.
Funnily enough, the damage literally matches each other when you average them.
Towards all Corrupt Grineer Combined:
Total average Corrosive + Cold damage is 1130
Total average Radiation + Viral damage is 1370
Towards all Corrupt Corpus Combined:
Total Corrosive + Cold damage is 1590
Total Radiation + Viral damage is 1570
Towards the Ancients:
Corrosive + Cold damage is 580
Radiation + Viral damage is 360

ANALYSIS
Grineer: The extra damage from butchers doesn't matter on R + V, as they're weak anyways with five ferrite base armor. As for the rest, R + V starts off doing over double damage to Bombards and Lancers at around level 30 compared to C + C, but the "over 100% more damage" tapers off and becomes only 80% more for Bombards and just below 100% more for Lancers, so the drop-off is more noticeable with Bombards. With Heavies, C + C does near 70% more damage at around level 30, but then falls off to around 60% more towards the level 38 area (did not fall off as hard as the other two). With the extra damage to Lancers and Bombards with R + V outweighing the extra damage dealt to Heavies from C + C, I'd go with R + V as most people would think when just taking Grineer into consideration.
Corpus: While C + C has the shield damage advantage, R + V has more damage to the flesh and robotic. While MOA's shields is equivalent to its health, crewmen have more shield than health, therefore making the C + C build slightly better, plus the shield damage also helps versus the Ospreys that are everywhere. C + C would be the obvious choice here as well due to the cold damage. 
Infested: The ancient takes about 60% more damage from C + C compared to R + V. C + C is the obvious choice here.

CONCLUSION
With high status chance on a higher rate of fire weapon, maybe C + C for the corrosive procs. With low status chance or a low rate of fire, high damage weapon, maybe R + V. Honestly I don't know. What do you guys think? 
Credentials:
Playin for a long time (have had other accounts, only this is a year and a half old) 
Frequently tests a lot of things
1 hour solos bla bla

CONCLUSION
With high status chance on a higher rate of fire weapon, maybe C + C for the corrosive procs. With low status chance or a low rate of fire, high damage weapon, maybe R + V. Honestly I don't know. What do you guys think? 
Credentials:
Playin for a long time (have had other accounts, only this is a year and a half old) 
Frequently tests a lot of things
1 hour solos bla bla
edit: No, I'm not hoping I make a breakthrough I'm sure many people have tested, but I just wanted to see what y'all think from your own experiences.

My thought? I'd like to see numbers on my more unorthodox build (no pressure to actually run these numbers, by the way)

I've always had more of a Radiation-Cold build myself, mostly because I stand by Paris P which almost but not quite outclasses Dread against Grineer until around level 90. I know it leaves me vulnerable to Ancients, but my strongest Melee has Corrosive-Blast-Slash

My thought? I'd like to see numbers on my more unorthodox build (no pressure to actually run these numbers, by the way)

I've always had more of a Radiation-Cold build myself, mostly because I stand by Paris P which almost but not quite outclasses Dread against Grineer until around level 90. I know it leaves me vulnerable to Ancients, but my strongest Melee has Corrosive-Blast-Slash

yeah its something you should try testing, i just used a braton prime because ive used it since the beginning of time because it looks cool lol, but same concept should apply if youre ONLY changing element mods on the gun and nothing else.

This is how I've been approaching the void lately, Corrosive with proc weapon, Radiation for damage weapons. Usually I'd bring a damage primary and a proc secondary, or the other way around. I think this approach makes the most sense to me tbh. Ofc to each their own.

Edit: now that I read TARINunit9's comment, I should probably dedicate my melee to Ancients as well. That'd make life easier lol.

Edited by ZSabber

This is how I've been approaching the void lately, Corrosive with proc weapon, Radiation for damage weapons. Usually I'd bring a damage primary and a proc secondary, or the other way around. I think this approach makes the most sense  to me tbh. Ofc to each their own.

that does make a lot of sense and it would help me save ammo on my beloved braton prime since it isnt the best. what secondary you use to proc corrosive? tysis?

that does make a lot of sense and it would help me save ammo on my beloved braton prime since it isnt the best. what secondary you use to proc corrosive? tysis?

Right now I only have the regular Marelok reaching a 100% proc chance. I'm almost there to getting the variant of it as well. I'll have to give it a try once I do.

I have yet to forma tysis tbh, I rediscovered it yesterday and was gonna give it a look this weekend.

I have plans to forma the Nukor as it was real fun to use leveling it up. 

I've heard good things about Atomos, so I will give it a chance as well.

yes. + viral have better status proc,,

basic why ppl take corrosive for void it's for the gunners and accents.

the bombard come after in the late update so ppl dont use to that yet. 

and let me tell you at high lvl corrosive don't even move the bombard

i use my paris prime full forma to land a head shot on lvl 75 bombard and he get 505 damge x2 on normal crit.. 

i basic always take 2 guns one with corrosive and one with viral rendition to avoid die at hgih lvl. 

at the end [1h in a tower surv] i always find myself use my melee [with virel] to lend kills 

note: the only 3 that matter in the void its gunners and bombard and ancients

corrosive it's for ancients and gunners and rendition for bombard

virel its for all becuse that status proc..

Corrosive strips away armor of any type boosting your damage in the long run, while radiation is good only vs 1 armor type and doesn't reduce it.

Some math vs high levels, cause why not if we have the tools

Corrosive+Fire proc build

Serration[10], Heavy Caliber[10], Split Chamber[5], Shred[5]
Malignant Force[3], High Voltage[3], Infected Clip[5], Thermite Rounds[3]  
Corrosive Projections: 0
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Target Name..............................................|........TTK.......|....MinTTK.....|....MaxTTK
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corrupted Butcher[95]................................|...00,57 sec...|...00,41 sec...|...00,65 sec
Corrupted Lancer[95]..................................|...01,22 sec...|...00,89 sec...|...02,02 sec
Corrupted Crewman[95]..............................|...01,04 sec...|...00,81 sec...|...01,13 sec
Corrupted Nullifier[95].................................|...01,37 sec...|...01,05 sec...|...01,54 sec
Corrupted MOA[95]....................................|...02,86 sec...|...02,35 sec...|...03,08 sec
Corrupted Ancient[95].................................|...02,10 sec...|...01,86 sec...|...02,35 sec
Corrupted Heavy Gunner[95].......................|...03,98 sec...|...03,32 sec...|...04,86 sec
Corrupted Bombard[95]...............................|...03,31 sec...|...02,67 sec...|...04,21 sec
Corrupted Heavy Gunner Leech Eximus[95]..|...11,68 sec...|...10,79 sec...|...12,81 sec
Corrupted Bombard Leech Eximus[95].........|...09,08 sec...|...08,28 sec...|...10,71 sec

Radiation+Viral build 

Hellfire[5], Stormbringer[5], Malignant Force[3], Cryo Rounds[5]
Target Name..............................................|........TTK.......|....MinTTK.....|....MaxTTK
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corrupted Butcher[95]................................|...00,59 sec...|...00,32 sec...|...00,97 sec
Corrupted Lancer[95]..................................|...01,00 sec...|...00,65 sec...|...01,78 sec
Corrupted Crewman[95]..............................|...00,79 sec...|...00,57 sec...|...01,05 sec
Corrupted Nullifier[95].................................|...00,75 sec...|...00,57 sec...|...01,05 sec
Corrupted MOA[95]....................................|...01,89 sec...|...01,62 sec...|...02,11 sec
Corrupted Ancient[95].................................|...02,17 sec...|...01,78 sec...|...03,24 sec
Corrupted Heavy Gunner[95].......................|...26,17 sec...|...18,98 sec...|...33,10 sec
Corrupted Bombard[95]...............................|...08,93 sec...|...08,28 sec...|...10,30 sec
Corrupted Heavy Gunner Leech Eximus[95]..|...01,49 min...|...01,25 min...|...01,73 min
Corrupted Bombard Leech Eximus[95].........|...34,77 sec...|...29,52 sec...|...38,77 sec

As you can see even vs Alloy Bombards corrosive procs are better.

You can try it in simulation btw.

You should mod for more corrosive damage instead of cold in the corrosive and cold setup. You'll probably get better results.

Cold does extra damage to shields and ignores 25% of alloy armor while increasing damage to alloy armor by 25% (bombards). Additionally, 3 90% mods does more damage than 2 90% mods and a 60% dual stat mod in order to keep corrosive only.

Cold does extra damage to shields and ignores 25% of alloy armor while increasing damage to alloy armor by 25% (bombards). Additionally, 3 90% mods does more damage than 2 90% mods and a 60% dual stat mod in order to keep corrosive only.

Sure, but shielded enemies are usually less dangerous than ones with ferrite armor (ancients, heavy gunners), so more corrosive damage will generally be more effective.

Judging by your numbers (120% corrosive, 150% cold) I assume you're using High Voltage, Malignant Force, Rime Rounds, and Cryo Rounds. I would suggest swapping Cryo Rounds for Stormbringer (210% corrosive, 60% cold) and give that a try. You will do reduced damage to shielded enemies and Bombards, but you can just bring a secondary or melee modded for those enemies instead.

Corrosive strips away armor of any type boosting your damage in the long run, while radiation is good only vs 1 armor type and doesn't reduce it.

Some math vs high levels, cause why not if we have the tools

Corrosive+Fire proc build

Malignant Force[3], High Voltage[3], Infected Clip[5], Thermite Rounds[3]  

Corrupted Butcher[95]................................|...00,57 sec...|...00,41 sec...|...00,65 sec

Corrupted Lancer[95]..................................|...01,22 sec...|...00,89 sec...|...02,02 sec

Corrupted Crewman[95]..............................|...01,04 sec...|...00,81 sec...|...01,13 sec

Corrupted Nullifier[95].................................|...01,37 sec...|...01,05 sec...|...01,54 sec

Corrupted MOA[95]....................................|...02,86 sec...|...02,35 sec...|...03,08 sec

Corrupted Ancient[95].................................|...02,10 sec...|...01,86 sec...|...02,35 sec

Corrupted Heavy Gunner[95].......................|...03,98 sec...|...03,32 sec...|...04,86 sec

Corrupted Bombard[95]...............................|...03,31 sec...|...02,67 sec...|...04,21 sec

Corrupted Heavy Gunner Leech Eximus[95]..|...11,68 sec...|...10,79 sec...|...12,81 sec

Corrupted Bombard Leech Eximus[95].........|...09,08 sec...|...08,28 sec...|...10,71 sec

Radiation+Viral build 

Hellfire[5], Stormbringer[5], Malignant Force[3], Cryo Rounds[5]

Corrupted Butcher[95]................................|...00,59 sec...|...00,32 sec...|...00,97 sec

Corrupted Lancer[95]..................................|...01,00 sec...|...00,65 sec...|...01,78 sec

Corrupted Crewman[95]..............................|...00,79 sec...|...00,57 sec...|...01,05 sec

Corrupted Nullifier[95].................................|...00,75 sec...|...00,57 sec...|...01,05 sec

Corrupted MOA[95]....................................|...01,89 sec...|...01,62 sec...|...02,11 sec

Corrupted Ancient[95].................................|...02,17 sec...|...01,78 sec...|...03,24 sec

Corrupted Heavy Gunner[95].......................|...26,17 sec...|...18,98 sec...|...33,10 sec

Corrupted Bombard[95]...............................|...08,93 sec...|...08,28 sec...|...10,30 sec

Corrupted Heavy Gunner Leech Eximus[95]..|...01,49 min...|...01,25 min...|...01,73 min

Corrupted Bombard Leech Eximus[95].........|...34,77 sec...|...29,52 sec...|...38,77 sec

As you can see even vs Alloy Bombards corrosive procs are better.

You can try it in simulation btw.

i know it does more, but the thing is, is that a lot of procs aren't even corrosive. I spray on heavies/bombards and impact, puncture, slash, and cold get in the way of corrosive proccing a lot of the time.

Sure, but shielded enemies are usually less dangerous than ones with ferrite armor (ancients, heavy gunners), so more corrosive damage will generally be more effective.

Judging by your numbers (120% corrosive, 150% cold) I assume you're using High Voltage, Malignant Force, Rime Rounds, and Cryo Rounds. I would suggest swapping Cryo Rounds for Stormbringer (210% corrosive, 60% cold) and give that a try. You will do reduced damage to shielded enemies and Bombards, but you can just bring a secondary or melee modded for those enemies instead.

I don't know what he uses. I use 180% corrosive, 90% Cold, 120% puncture on my Boltor (if I want a lategame weapon I use Tonkor/Dread, Piercing Caliber is for non-endless raw DPS smashing).

i know it does more, but the thing is, is that a lot of procs aren't even corrosive. I spray on heavies/bombards and impact, puncture, slash, and cold get in the way of corrosive proccing a lot of the time.

Still Braton Prime (and other high-proc weapons like BurstonP) does enough procs to reduce armor and kill faster than even a radiation/viral build (which reduces HP in half) at high levels.