Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does One Keep Up With Baro Ki'teer?

Renathy

This question is coming from a veteran player, as some of you may be aware, regarding inactive players, and maybe even novice players who have their hands full with Void missions, trying to acquire every Prime part in order to expand their fresh collection of items.

I have been with this development team and community for over two years now, and much like many other players, I have had my fair share of hiatuses and returns. Nowadays it's mostly just lengthy intervals here and there. I log-in to maybe level up my equipment or seek out items.

The problem with it is that, of course, I miss out. I don't stock up on enough items, so I'm left to do it as soon as Baro pops back up in one of the relays. I don't mind using up my keys, since I have plenty, although most of the missions I can access don't always have the best, possibly the easiest, loot to acquire.

I am also aware that Ki'teer always returns with his previous stocks, but it usually takes quite a while, and who knows when. I may be unavailable, even completely inactive at that point.

The main issue that I have is that Prime parts value have been significantly lowered, therefore it's even harder to keep up with the expensive collection of fresh stock, albeit I managed to keep up so far, so it's somewhat easier for me, since Ki'teer usually only has one new item for sale per comeback.

He appears for a small amount of time, while the item prices remain the same. Some players barely have any time to play; Some like me, barely do; Who knows what else. This changed affected both parties, but negatively affected the latter.

Content pushed out is mostly focused on veteran players, since it's, and I'm assuming, most of the playerbase. The most common topic is possibly about requesting end-game content, which is what Digital Extremes tries to develop for the most part, with different ideas added in to the mix, and sometimes new content that actually appeals to both sides, but usually short enough to not do it justice.

What would you guys suggest to help resolve this issue for both sides, so none is unfavored by any upcoming changes.

Edited by JRMC

Baro Ki'teer is really more of a sink for unused prime stuff than a vendor that you MUST buy things from, and the majority of his stock will appear more than once. Don't buy things you won't use.

I mostly don't use cosmetics, but that's about it. The new armor sets, I did use. One after the other. Other cosmetics, not really. The rest is usually just Mastery Rank fodder. Either way, I'm a collector. I get whatever I can get my hands on.

Baro Ki'teer is really more of a sink for unused prime stuff than a vendor that you MUST buy things from, and the majority of his stock will appear more than once. Don't buy things you won't use.

^this

just like many games b4 warframe, a lot of the "late game" material is sinks for those with too much of everything. Personally i don't have as much a problems with the void trader anymore.

Imo the solution is a better starchart, more engaging missions that hopefully make the grind less like chewing nails and more like what others refer to as "fun".

But you're never gonna have time/resource sinks removed from any f2p game. Just saying.

I'd say... hang onto whatever prime parts you have until AFTER he shows up. That way, you can quickly sell them for ducats if there's something you want. Or if he's not offering anything interesting, you could always hang onto those parts and trade them for plat to get the items you might've missed.

I personally use this site to keep track of Baro's arrivals. It really comes in handy.

He's really not the must-see vendor that most perceived him as originally.

Just ignore his existence for a while and build up a sizeable chunk of Ducats & credits and hit him up when purchasing his wares isn't really a drain on your resources.

Aside from Primed Flow + Continuity - nothing he's ever had is really necessary or cause to worry over not having.

- from a fellow Collector

Aside from Primed Flow + Continuity - nothing he's ever had is really necessary or cause to worry over not having.

Well id argue that Primed Point Blank is a very good thing to have around, and you can get some really good results with Primed Pistol Gambit, Primed Reach and Primed Heated Charge too.

I trade my rare mods for ducats now, usually. Can usually get 60-80 ducats for some of the rarer ones. Sells faster too because more people are willing to part with ducats than plat. For weapons, I've only missed the grakata because I didn't care about grinding it anymore. I'll get it later.

Edited by (PS4)Onyxflamegod

Well id argue that Primed Point Blank is a very good thing to have around, and you can get some really good results with Primed Pistol Gambit, Primed Reach and Primed Heated Charge too.

Certainly - but I consider them all 'nice to have' rather than a necessity. Thus, worrying overly about keeping up to get them is not worth the grey hairs!

Okay - you are right about Point Blank - slipped my mind ... because I keep missing it    -.-

ofc with my plats(wallet)!

after the value of prime parts been lowered, i'm struggling to buy things from Baro.

i got T1-3 keys 30-40+ each..

but don't have the time to farm them. :/

so usually i buy the prisma weapons from other players with plats and buy the mods/cosmetics that i like with ducats.