I have to admit, you ARE right OP.

The usual gameplay of my friends and I looks something like this:

Ocassional Alert for rare items

Xini Xini Xini

Io

Assassination on 2-3 bosses for rares

Xini xini xini

1-2 Void Runs with plat-keys

The other mission types simply don't offer as good a reason to be played. It's not that we "hate" other missions, but why do them?

IMO, the ones being Rude are usually the "Elitist" crowd that are going "OMG THE GAME IS ALREADY TOO EASY! YOU'RE JUST A SCRUB!" etc.

You see this same crap in World of Warcraft too; everybody thinks they're hot stuff and everybody thinks the game should always be Mega-Hard with everything.

The problem with this mentality is quite simple -- many people play games for enjoyment and relaxation. Some challenge is OK, but yet we don't want the "Rip your hair out in frustration" type of NintendoHard either. That's just not fun.

Nor do we enjoy doing the exact same thing many many many times in a row, we'd like a little changeup.

That and I think some people so vehemently speak out against change of any form just because they... I don't know, they don't like changes? They don't like suggestions?

The guy speaking out against my idea apparently loves Defense Maps... therefore anything that allows players to enjoy something OTHER than Defense, he's 100% against because he thinks the game should be nothing BUT Defense because everything else is "Too Easy".

God Forbid a player get a Key without doing Wave 50+, amirite? *rolls eyes*

my god, i just realized you must not be playing games how you want to :D

i play defences coz:

they're the only challenging mode

THE END

anything else is a @(*()$ breeze

if i want to play hardest possible difficulty setting blindfolded while juggling 50 dog crackers on my nose with a dog mask on and still complete it rambo style, i'd play call of noobs: modern fat kid 3

What exactly do you mean by that?

I play games how I want to.

I don't play games how YOU want to, maybe.

Are you seriously saying that YOUR opinions are the ONLY opinions, or something?

When I sit down to play a game, I do so to have fun. I want to escape the Real World for whatever time I'm in the game. I do it for entertainment.

I don't want it to be so easy that nothing poses a threat, but then again I don't need it being so hard that I'm constantly frustrated or stressed out either, because I also want some relaxation too.

Too much Stress is not good. Too little stress, means I'm falling asleep.

There IS a world between White and Black -- it is called GREY.

I feel the higher level missions (non-Defense) are in the Grey Area right now. If you go in there with 1-2 people it can actually be a mild challenge as weird things can happen (Hostages getting trapped and killed for example, or 3-4 mobs zerg rushing the cryopod and putting a serious hurt on it before you can kill them, or those "extra objective missions", or Cryo on an Infested Map, etc).

I've gotten 2 keys in less than 30 min from raid missions on mercury.....so its not always defence.............

Then apparently Wiki is wrong then, because I read it earlier and they made it sound like Defense was the ONLY source of Keys.

And I was inclined to believe them, because my friend and I was playing Warframe for over 8 hours and we haven't seen a single Key drop. We did some Defense maps, I solo'd several Exterminates on Mars for Salvage while he was AFK, etc.

Keys? Zero.

Will admit though on one of those Exterminates I got a Large Health Restore... I was like ".......wut?" I thought it was just a fluke.

Edited by Xylia

i play defences coz:

they're the only challenging mode

THE END

anything else is a @(*()$ breeze

if i want to play hardest possible difficulty setting blindfolded while juggling 50 dog crackers on my nose with a dog mask on and still complete it rambo style, i'd play call of noobs: modern fat kid 3

You completely miss the entire point of the OP's thread, which is why rewards like Void Keys and Warframe Blueprints must only be Defense Mission rewards, rather than random rewards for other mission types.

The fact that Endless Defense has the ability to be more challenging than a normal mission type (at roughly wave 20-30, anyway) is irrelevant, because the same chance of reward is given on both Wave 5 and Wave 100. Meaning that if you want to play Defense to get Void Keys or Blueprints, all you really need to do it hit waves 1-15, then restart rather than bust your balls grinding and exploiting your way to Wave 100.

I am in agreement with the OP in that some of these rewards should be obtainable randomly through other mission types. Putting them in the Endless Defense mission type and nowhere else encourages people to ONLY play those types of missions, and that's no good.

Edited by MoonicusMaximus

Unless, of course, you're just farming resources. Then you hit up your local Exterminate so you actually have TIME to open lockers and containers without a bunch of junk constantly respawning ontop of you.

actually, defense missions have a whole bunch of loot containers close together, just leave at wave 5, and repeat! lmao.

Edited by taiiat

Reason is defense generates more enemies at a controlled rate.

Normal missions do not always generate enemies in some areas and you have to hang around in an area just to have some enemies spawning.

They likely will never be able to solve the problem because even by increasing enemy numbers in non-defense missions, it will not be a controlled environment (enemies confirmed to spawn on wave 1, wave 2, wave 3, wave 4, wave 5, wave6,...).