The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Void Keys

Shotz

A rather simple one, actually.

When a void mission is completed successfully, the player who used the Void Key also has a chance to get another Void Key.

A drop rate just right so that the player doesn't feel like he has to farm Xini for hours to get one key for one run.

Say, 75%? 70%? What do ya'll think?

Edit: Condensed post. Also, read up on the thread for alternative suggestions by the community.

Edited by Shotz

Given all you get out of Void is very very very rare Forma (seriously, several peeps reporting 1 BP in 30-40 runs???) and some Side-Grade Weapons (with RIDICULOUSLY low drop chance on the parts), I don' tunderstand why at least Tier 1 Void needs to be so rare, Key-wise.

IMO? Keys should be a rarer BP from normal missions and is Re-usable, at least for Tier 1 Void.

Tier 2 and 3? They can work as they currently do.

EDIT: When I say Side-Grade... from what I've been reading on Wiki/hearing from friends is that those weapons aren't really all THAT much better than the non-prime variants.

Edited by Xylia

Yeah I disagree, IF at all maybe a 5% drop rate. DE needs to make a little bit of money here and there. Besides they drop from defense mission play Xini for a day or 2 and you should get 1 or 2 Keys. Number two, this is a free to play game. If you invested the price of an average game you could get quite a bit and on top of that.... It's not pay only. It's not like they are limiting only paying players to it.

Also there needs to be balance you can or rather shouldn't have straight upgrades ever. Side-grades are the way it should be.

Note: I have yet to get one void key and I still believe your suggestion is a tad ridiculous.

Edit: Though I would like to see something similar to Feldgrips idea. If you get a duplicate you are given a chance at another key of the same or lesser value and only to the host, this is practical and nice. Then once you own all of them the chance of duplicates is dissipated or at least massively reduced say maybe something along the lines of 2-5% where as if you got a duplicate blueprint, maybe 15-25%

Edited by KitsuAccalia

problem is you can buy them with plat buy 2 packs receive 10 keys never pay for a key again unless you have S#&$ty luck

Mmm... yeah. Tsk. Why does it have to be hard to balance between paying and free?

Mathematically, 70% seems like a good choice to me (considering the drop rates right now). Getting 5 extra keys in a row is a 16% chance (70%^5) and (mathematically) gets lower for each key in a row gotten (70%^6), (70%^7).

IMO? Keys should be a rarer BP from normal missions and is Re-usable, at least for Tier 1 Void.

Tier 2 and 3? They can work as they currently do.

That's not a bad idea either. They'd still have to fiddle around with the drop rate, though. Sometimes it feels like the drop rate's the same on all teirs.

Yeah I disagree, IF at all maybe a 5% drop rate. DE needs to make a little bit of money here and there. Besides they drop from defense mission play Xini for a day or 2 and you should get 1 or 2 Keys. Number two, this is a free to play game. If you invested the price of an average game you could get quite a bit and on top of that.... It's not pay only. It's not like they are limiting only paying players to it.

Also there needs to be balance you can or rather shouldn't have straight upgrades ever. Side-grades are the way it should be.

Note: I have yet to get one void key and I still believe your suggestion is a tad ridiculous.

Considering the sheer amount of work it takes to make, say, a Latron Prime....

Why bother, when it is very nearly the same as a regular Latron which is MUCH easier to get?

Look for the Dude who posted that "40 Runs of Void" thread.

He did... get this..... 40 runs of Void.... and still doesn't have a Latron Prime. 8 BPs, 10 Stocks, 0 Barrels or something like that.

All of that work... for a weapon that isn't really any better... than the regular ole Latron anybody can pick up from the Market and craft with much easier-to-get materials?

as a feature, this sounds cool. once in a while, your Orokin run would get you another Void key. it would be like a cookie falling from the sky. 

(gotta make sure to actually show the player they got it so they know - show it as a recieved mod i guess, but definitely needs to actually have an icon unlike the other 99% of the icons)

Considering the sheer amount of work it takes to make, say, a Latron Prime....

Why bother, when it is very nearly the same as a regular Latron which is MUCH easier to get?

Look for the Dude who posted that "40 Runs of Void" thread.

He did... get this..... 40 runs of Void.... and still doesn't have a Latron Prime. 8 BPs, 10 Stocks, 0 Barrels or something like that.

All of that work... for a weapon that isn't really any better... than the regular ole Latron anybody can pick up from the Market and craft with much easier-to-get materials?

My response is either A keep running perhaps buy a four leaf clover since your luck isn't to great.  Or B fine since the Latron is so much easier to get be quiet and just get that instead. Then don't whine when someone has a Latron Prime. But in all seriousness. It's also good to note DERebecca said that the Latron Prime BP's aswell as the Reaper handle BP's drop rates were bugged. Perhaps wait until the HotFix she implied will come on monday comes. Besides your also saying he ran it 40 times. Clearly Keys aren't the problem here.

DERebecca's post In this one she is specifically talking about the Latron Prime handles (In another people point out it's more then just the handle.) and some recommend saving your keys till a fix is applied.

Edited by KitsuAccalia

My response is either A keep running perhaps buy a four leaf clover since your luck isn't to great.  Or B fine since the Latron is so much easier to get be quiet and just get that instead. Then don't whine when someone has a Latron Prime. But in all seriousness. It's also good to note DERebecca said that the Latron Prime BP's aswell as the Reaper handle BP's drop rates were bugged. Perhaps wait until the HotFix she implied will come on monday comes. Besides your also saying he ran it 40 times. Clearly Keys aren't the problem here.

Who said I was whining about the Latron Prime? I certainly didn't.

I'm merely saying the weapon does not justify the ridiculous work that goes into making it. Will I whine if I have no Latron Prime? Of course not. I don't really *care* about the stupid Latron Prime. At least, currently before any Hotfixes are applied.

My main point in this, is "What does Void actually give you other than Frost Prime and Forma that's any good?" as an explanation as to why I think Keys should be a bit easier to get.

Who said I was whining about the Latron Prime? I certainly didn't.

I'm merely saying the weapon does not justify the ridiculous work that goes into making it. Will I whine if I have no Latron Prime? Of course not. I don't really *care* about the stupid Latron Prime. At least, currently before any Hotfixes are applied.

My main point in this, is "What does Void actually give you other than Frost Prime and Forma that's any good?" as an explanation as to why I think Keys should be a bit easier to get.

how about the ability to witness that glorious tileset of the Orikin home~ Besides the fact that it only gives you these side-grades makes it perfectly justifiable that the keys are not dropped into your lap.

Edited by KitsuAccalia