The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Please Allow Every Sentinel To Use Vacuum?

mellojoe

Most everyone uses Carrier and Vacuum.  Its just too useful, a nice quality of life bonus to carry with you. Which means all the other Sentinels never really get use. 

If we simply allow all Sentinels to use the Vacuum mod, then people would have the choice to use alternate Sentinels with differing personalities.

I'm actually a Helios fan. All the new enemies being added, scanning is nice. Not to mention with Simaris perks. And his Deconstructor has insane power. I don't like getting reliant on vaccum because then if he dies or you change to a kubrow or otherwise you are in the habit of not picking up loot. I think the seperation of the abilities is a good thing.

You could also have a mod (exilus mod slot) that increases loot pick up range, which allows you to use any companion without worrying about picking up loot

either this

or even better in general increase pickup radius to be 1/2 or 3/4 of what vaccum is now, maybe buff vaccum and be done, we dont need more mods polluting our loadouts AND droptables

Most everyone uses Carrier and Vacuum.  Its just too useful, a nice quality of life bonus to carry with you. Which means all the other Sentinels never really get use. 

If we simply allow all Sentinels to use the Vacuum mod, then people would have the choice to use alternate Sentinels with differing personalities.

I don't know what level of players you roll with or who "most everyone is"... but I'm MR19, as are most of my clannies - or are atleast in that range.  

We have two main choices of Sentinel:

Wyrm Prime for CC and damage

Helios for Utility of scanning, which actually is useful because it saves you from having to take off your weapon, spend 10 seconds aiming at a thing that jerks violently from side to side.  He actually does something that the player themself would have a hard - or atleast unenjoyable and frustrating time doing. 

I don't actually find vaccuum to be "too useful"  - I don't think I've ever, in any game ever, had a hard time walking on top of something in a specific direction.  It's the most rudimentary task you can do in almost any game in the world.  Walk.  Just walk, that's all you have to do.  It's not hard to pick up loot, vaccuum isn't useful so much as promotion of laziness.  The vaccuum clots the screen with items and has an unreliable pickup - often just dropping crap on the ground behind me, leaving me to go back for it. 

The best part of Carrier is in the Sweeper (or Prime variant), which can be put on other stuff anyway.

But in regards to the actual suggestion of the topic - it should be obvious the answer is 'no.'  The only thing unique about Carrier is his Vaccuum, give that to everybody and Carrier will never get used because he'll have 0 purpose in the game.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Agree with OP.  Carrier was already the best companion by a mile. Prime Carrier made it even more overpowered.  Yes other companions are worth using occasionally but Vacuum is just too useful for any other companion to compete with.

Edited by Fifield

-snip-

But in regards to the actual suggestion of the topic - it should be obvious the answer is 'no.'  The only thing unique about Carrier is his Vaccuum, give that to everybody and Carrier will never get used because he'll have 0 purpose in the game.  

Much like every other Sentinel in the game already?

The thread I linked has several suggestions on how to fix that, one was to have Carrier actually carrying things like Ammo, Health and Energy orbs.  Even without Vacuum, that'd make the little ballsack pears utility higher than any other Sentinel we have right now.

Yes, there are two options:

1. All other sentinels get weaker version of Vacuum ie a new non-Carrier Vacuum mod is created.

2. Carrier gets a complete rework and new name.

That's the solution and I was just about to post a similar thread.

There needs to be a vacuum mod for the exact same reason they eliminated coptering.  People were selecting specific weapons just for coptering and ignoring everything else.  That's what is happening with carrier and the rest of the sentinels/kubrow.

Are other sentinels & kubrows fun to use in the game?  Sure.  Do anything of them come close to being as useful as carrier?  Not even a little.

Don't tell me "Oh, I'm not lazy.  I just run and pick up stuff."  I run next to drops all of the times and those drops stay right there.  It's annoying and every time I have to turn around and run back to pick up an item, I remind myself to equip carrier after the mission.

The solution?  A carrier mod that has full power when equipped to carrier/prime and 1/3 to 1/2 range when equipped to anything else.  That way if I want the full carrier I can equip it but if I want to equip any other sentinel or pet I will still pick up the items that are close.