Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Sperm Donations For Platinum.

ServareVitas

I mean uhh money! In all seriousness though (no really it's not for platinum). In the UK can a guy get paid for donating sperm samples? Anyone done it? I have a friend that lives in the US who says he earns several hundred dollars a year from donating sperm and blood and has been doing so for about 5 years.

I don't know why but I imagine the system in the UK is extremely different and likely more stringent. Can't find a lot of information online. I personally absolutely hate giving blood and embarrassed to say that it'll never be a big hobby of mine although if it was I would kind of feel morally obliged to donate it freely as it's directly connected to saving human lives as opposed to assisting with pregnancies (really very fundamentally different to be honest). 

Anyway I am being serious here. Anyone done it? Hard finding any information. I've never known anyone in the UK that has done it. I'm not at all bothered or squeamish about the prospect of giving my genes out to strangers etc. If a child is created somewhere that has my genetic material I'm not too bothered as long as it has (a) loving parent(s) e.g. a female, male and female or two females etc. 

Deep stuff Tenno. Fire away. 

Excuse the pun. 

I always wondered if any sperm bank would pay for your sperm based on the freshness of it (i.e.: If you, say, just masturbated, collected the sperm in a jar, and deliver it to them in the quickest way possible, would they pay more for that than if you let your sperm sit in a refrigerator overnight, then deliver it to them?). 

Just curious, because: 

A: There are no sperm banks in the country I live in as far as I know. 

B: From the sperm banks I searched online, they seem to be rather brief on the payment methods and procedures. 

I always wondered if any sperm bank would pay for your sperm based on the freshness of it (i.e.: If you, say, just masturbated, collected the sperm in a jar, and deliver it to them in the quickest way possible, would they pay more for that than if you let your sperm sit in a refrigerator overnight, then deliver it to them?). 

Just curious, because: 

A: There are no sperm banks in the country I live in as far as I know. 

B: From the sperm banks I searched online, they seem to be rather brief on the payment methods and procedures. 

From what I can gather, I think you may do it while you're in the bank itself. I mean it makes sense to have it at its freshest WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THIS

From what I can gather, I think you may do it while you're in the bank itself. I mean it makes sense to have it at its freshest WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THIS

Yes from what I understand it's done at the laboratory in a discrete patient room (alone lol). First time I'm sure would be a little awkward... But ehh logically it shouldn't be awkward. 

Well, the topic just popped up. 

And looks like the link you provided said, "You will need to ensure you have three days abstinence between donations so you can provide the best sample possible.". If anything, it probably might be better than blood donations if you are desperate enough. 

Not sure in the UK but here in the U.S.A. you also get 2 free blood examinations a year. If you are a member of MENSA they give you a lot more bang for your...bang.

My IQ is technically somewhere between 148-156 going by the averages I've taken on tests and such. Mensa is 150 but I'd never join them as they're quite a pretentious bunch and I'm not one for boasting about my intelligence. I consider myself far above the general population but by no means consider myself a genius in anything and self-confess to a number of severe deficiencies (i.e. I score that high despite being utterly abysmal at mathematics). 

My IQ is technically somewhere between 148-156 going by the averages I've taken on tests and such. Mensa is 150 but I'd never join them as they're quite a pretentious bunch and I'm not one for boasting about my intelligence. I consider myself far above the general population but by no means consider myself a genius in anything and self-confess to a number of severe deficiencies (i.e. I score that high despite being utterly abysmal at mathematics). 

MENSA values the wrong kind of "intelligence."

These are people who founded an organization and named it MENS (as in "mind"), but then had to be told that this made them look like a special interest magazine for gentlemen of a certain preference. They had to be told because it didn't occur to them, so narrow was their understanding.

Those folks are woefully out of touch, and creating an insular community for "the gifted" tends only to render those gifts wasted on sterile soil. A wise person understands that the friction of dealing with those different from ourselves provides the much-needed "rounding" that a healthy mind requires. As the body needs a balanced diet, so does the mind.

MENSA also perpetuates the fallacious idea that intelligence is a vertical landscape; it isn't. There is no such thing as a "superior intellect." Intelligence is lateral, and everyone has their strengths and weaknesses according to cognitive style and other factors.

MENSA values the wrong kind of "intelligence."

These are people who founded an organization and named it MENS (as in "mind"), but then had to be told that this made them look like a special interest magazine for gentlemen of a certain preference. They had to be told because it didn't occur to them, so narrow was their understanding.

Those folks are woefully out of touch, and creating an insular community for "the gifted" tends only to render those gifts wasted on sterile soil. A wise person understands that the friction of dealing with those different from ourselves provides the much-needed "rounding" that a healthy mind requires. As the body needs a balanced diet, so does the mind.

MENSA also perpetuates the fallacious idea that intelligence is a vertical landscape; it isn't. There is no such thing as a "superior intellect." Intelligence is lateral, and everyone has their strengths and weaknesses according to cognitive style and other factors.

If you were a lady I would marry you. 

So I can get paid for wackin' off? Interesting... I always thought that you donated sperm to same-sex female couples who want a child.

MURICA

As for Renegade's question, I did some research. Basically you go into a room, and then you *censored*, and they take your sperm and pay you.

Edited by FruntlineXtreme

So I can get paid for wackin' off? Interesting... I always thought that you donated sperm to same-sex female couples who want a child.

MURICA

I'd imagine there are blood works involved and you have to be relatively healthy and free of disease/defects.But beyond that I guess it does boil down to some highly clinical fapping into a specially purposed container.