Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alien Races In Warframe Universe

Noioiy

Not to train wreck the tread but what about ghost? Vor is in that "Hell" demenion called the Void. Is that some parallel space like in that movie 'Event Horizon' ? I think the whole Vor thing needs to be cut out and go back to the way it was before lore wise.

Its more like the Webway dimension from Warhammer 40K. Different laws, but not hell. He is simply possessed by a Neural Sentry which was created by the Orokin. The Towers are Orokin made, its the space between them (That we never see) that is the Void.

Its more like the Webway dimension from Warhammer 40K. Different laws, but not hell. He is simply possessed by a Neural Sentry which was created by the Orokin. The Towers are Orokin made, its the space between them (That we never see) that is the Void.

Blame his "Janus key".

Which is probably just a Void key with more doses of weirdo.

When he was dying, he probably triggered the key by accident and got beamed into the void.

The Neural Sentry probably saw his potential but as he was dying, finished the job and reanimated him into a semi-sentient hard light object. 

He cans still think and behave, but forever bound to the neural sentries directives in protecting the towers.

Edited by fatpig84

Thus far, there are no aliens (intelligent or otherwise) in Warframe. The Sentients MIGHT be aliens, or they could be creations of the Orokin; it's unclear at this point. The Infested were definitely made by the Orokin. The Orokin themselves are humans, or at least descended from them, as are the Grineer and the Tenno. The Corpus appear to be more-or-less normal humans, as do the Syndicate operatives. All the animals you see were genetically engineered by the Orokin when they terraformed the solar system. Basically, everything came from Earth originally.

This is exactly why I love Warframe and feel so immersed in it. The fact everything descended from Earth is what keeps me immersed, everything began on our planet and was a result of our actions.

Wow, we're stupid. Stupid yet somehow brilliant.

I'm gonna go ahead & assume that there are alien races or just things in general that weren't created by the Orokin. I'm willing to bet that other galaxies contain life not Orokin derived. Maybe far away solar systems within our galaxy, but the former is more likely. I personally think it'd be extreeeeeeeemely lame if the Orokin are the progenitors of all life in the universe at this point. 

I think the reason is more of a DEvelopment thing rather than a lore thing. 

Nah, she isn't

Really there are no "Alien" races in the game.

Orokin are likely some Human type species or offshoot. As are the Grineer and Corpus. Tenno as well.

Infested were created by Orokin and so were the Sentients (Simaris Codex Entry has the story)

Why would it be terrifying if we aren't?

Because, in the entire vast, incredibly vast, universe, we humans would be completely and utterly alone.

Lotus's father is literally the same model with a burned texture. So before he got burned, he looked like Lotus and all human like

In the Quest Lotus' "father" says something like "Does this form remind you of what you once were?" So it seems like "he" can change forms....

In the Quest Lotus' "father" says something like "Does this form remind you of what you once were?" So it seems like "he" can change forms....

Yea but the fact that it was Regor entering the Tomb makes it seem like the Sentient mistook him for Lotus.

Lotus obviously wasn't there and wasn't responding to the sentient either so some people assume the Sentient was talking to Regor the whole time thinking he was Lotus

I know everyone was like SENTIENTS when they read the crewman thing but... I'm not so sure. How does a starfish-looking thing, no bigger than a hand, end up being humanoid in form (Lotus, her father)...? It just doesn't scream SENTIENT to me. More likely it would seem that was the technology used to travel outside of the system and maybe we (being humans/orokins/corpus whatever) ran into the sentients there. Or they could be a rebellious human faction? IDK, just my two cents.

You're forgetting the whole about being able to "adapt to anything", and it literally means anything.

Its very much like evolution and how Humans became Humans when before that they were just savage monkeys running around making fire.

You apply that same thing to a machine that realizes its masters are complete A******s and you get the Old War

• 6 years later...

This topic is kinda outdated. As of now, we all now that there are no alien races in Warframe. Sentients are machines created by the Orokin, who were extremely advanced humans, the Corpus were just people of the Orokin Empire, the Grineer are a race of clones created by the Orokin, the infestation was created by the Orokin, the Tenno were just human kids (Orokin-ish) who got void powers because Zariman accident, etc. Everything comes from Orokin, meaning everything comes from humans. Actually, the only "alien" entity is the Man In The Wall, which as of now is speculated to be the physical manifestation of the Void itself, or something like that.