Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alien Races In Warframe Universe

Noioiy

DUDE i just want to know how dogs became kubrows.

The orokin created the kubrows. They were genetically modified to help the field operatives. Feral kubrows are found on earth only, just like dogs are life forms exclusive to earth. So I think it's safe to assume that they were originally dog-like animals before the whole genetic alteration began.

Hopeing that the Senti will unlock a new galaxy for us to explore with stunning an amazing scenarios

Wow, we've one System right now and you want a hole new Galaxy? Then we'll get U18 in 2050? ( Just a joke, I understood the main message of your post ^^)

There are no aliens in Warframe, at least the kind that originate from anywhere else besides our own galaxy. Alien as in weird yes but not the other kind.

All the "races" in Warframe are a bunch of different kinds of humans, Wildlife and Sentients being the exception.

We dont know the origins of Kubrows, Kavats, Skates, or the shark things.

Sentients are an Orokin experiment created for the sole purpose of terraforming worlds beyond the Origin System through highly advanced adaptation programing. Eventually they adapted to develop intelligence and thus became sentient in the literal sense. They then returned to Origin to destroy their masters the Orokin.

As alien as they seem, they are not actual aliens since they originated from human experiments.

Corpus are middle class human citzens of the Orokin Empire and the scientific/worker class. They were born through artificial means back then rather than natural means. The reason is unknown.

The Grineer were the slave race of the Empire consisting of clones with low mental capabilities as, for the most part, they arent the smartest guys around. Only through the intelligence of a select few were they able to rise up in rebellion, with some help from the Twin Queens back then as well.

Tenno were human citizens of the Orokin Empire at some point, that much is confirmed. What they are now is unknown since their experimental journey into the Void as a last ditch effort to win the war against the Sentients.

These are the facts that we know from reading all Synthesis entries, warframe codex entries and quests.

Eh. Keep in mind that the Sentient in the Natah quest is a drone. That could mean a robot of some sort. It doesn't have to be representative as the Sentients as a species.

Lotus is a Sentient, and she seems quite human.

It is possibly that the Sentients were a splinter group/rebel faction within the Orokin Empire. The fact that the Orokin Empire is heavily implied to have utilized mind control/brain washing  (i.e the Neural Sentry in the Void) the name "Sentients" is very telling in this regard.

I'd say that the animals are all derived from Earth life; Warframe doesn't strike me as the kind of game to say "Oh, every planet in the solar system can support life, and that life just so happens to look almost identical to life on Earth!"

Eh. Keep in mind that the Sentient in the Natah quest is a drone. That could mean a robot of some sort. It doesn't have to be representative as the Sentients as a species.

It is possibly that the Sentients were a splinter group/rebel faction within the Orokin Empire. The fact that the Orokin Empire is heavily implied to have utilized mind control/brain washing  (i.e the Neural Sentry in the Void) the name "Sentients" is very telling in this regard.

As Morec0 and I were discussing in the stream this morning, there is the Sentient race and the Sentient Faction, 2 different things when refering to them.

The RACE consists of the Sentients like Natah and Burning Lotus who is her Father/parent (since its asexual reproduction for them.)

Now the FACTION consists of both the race and drones, for example Oculysts, that the race controls directly.

Sentients are confirmed to be Orokin experiments having to do with adaptation and terraforming technology.

Originally they were just simple robots with no intelligence but after the trip to Tau they had to adapt to develop intelligence, not that that means they had the intelligence to do that, just that they were made that way.

I'd say that the animals are all derived from Earth life; Warframe doesn't strike me as the kind of game to say "Oh, every planet in the solar system can support life, and that life just so happens to look almost identical to life on Earth!"

Actually to be fair, most of those planets have been terraformed by the Orokin to support life. This is why we, the grineer, and corpus can survive on Ceres, Uranus, Jupiter, etc

I'm pretty sure DE has at one point told us that all the forms of wildlife we see are all machinations of orokin gene spicling, the Feral Kubrows have been specifically stated to have evolved as a wild breed from Kubrows abandoned on Earth long ago, which themselves are orokin-made animals.

It's no wonder we don't know of any aliens, Orokin didn't exactly span the entire galaxy, moment they attempted expanding from Sol everything went wrong.

God please don't confuse galaxies and star systems.

The deal with Sentients is that they were made by the Corpus ancestors under Orokin rule. They aren't *really* alien. They evolved in isolation and far away from Sol but they didn't come from Tau, they were sent there.

wrong the corpus made the drones which were taken over by the sentients. The NATAH quest proves they are from another solar system and in the excalibur prime codex it says "they turned our own weapons against us" which hints to the drones made by the corpus for the orokin.

Uh, there are aliens.

The Sentients Are Clearly Alien

The Grinner (Remember guys, just cuz they look like humans, don't mean they are, I highly don't think the Grinner are humans, far from it)

The Orokin are clearly alien

The Corpus (Edit: Never mind the Corpus are humans, just cybernetic)

The Cephalons (Dispute they are AI, still "Alien")

The Wild (Where did they come from?, the  Ice and Desert skags and the dog things, the catbrows)

The Tenno Clearly Alien 

grineer are humans suffering from clone degeneration because grineer are all cloned

sentients are aliens

The wild are most likely evolved from modern day animals

we dont know what the tenno are but they are most likely humans or rejected orokin sent to the void (read excal prime codex)

orokin could be the evolution of humans or high class humans that were rich enough to alter DNA but we dont know

corpus are human we dont know if there modifications are cybernetic

dont spread misinformation about the lore

Edited by (PS4)awesomelaw128

it says in the natah quest that the sentients were from a different solar system. And the lotus' father looks nothing like a human.

Edited by (PS4)awesomelaw128

wrong the corpus made the drones which were taken over by the sentients. The NATAH quest proves they are from another solar system and in the excalibur prime codex it says "they turned our own weapons against us" which hints to the drones made by the corpus for the orokin.

Back then, Corpus meant family not the faction Corpus.

The Sentients are created by Corpus Orokin (they were all orokin back then anyway) to terraform worlds beyond the Origin System in preparation for the Executor's arrival there.

That drone in the Crewman Synthesis was the very first version of a functioning sentient before it became sentient later on.

See they were built with the intention to adapt to and terraform enviroments for human use. At some point after getting to the Tau system they adapted to develop intelligence for something that required it.

After gaining this new Sentience, they realized what the Orokin actually were like how oppressive they were and all that, and thus they returned to Origin with the sole purpose of getting rid of the Orokin hierarchy.

They are from another system yes but the Sentients we know today are not the same as they were when being made.

They evolved.

Actually to be fair, most of those planets have been terraformed by the Orokin to support life. This is why we, the grineer, and corpus can survive on Ceres, Uranus, Jupiter, etc

Just to point out they never terra formed Jupiter

I thinks it's the only planet they left alone

Edited by DoritosandDewGG

Read the crewman synthesis. Then do/read Natah.

I know everyone was like SENTIENTS when they read the crewman thing but... I'm not so sure. How does a starfish-looking thing, no bigger than a hand, end up being humanoid in form (Lotus, her father)...? It just doesn't scream SENTIENT to me. More likely it would seem that was the technology used to travel outside of the system and maybe we (being humans/orokins/corpus whatever) ran into the sentients there. Or they could be a rebellious human faction? IDK, just my two cents.

Edited by (PS4)T_ravenis

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

They actually froze Venus and turn it into winter wonderland.

So it is possible they just build a really huge freezer around Venus :p

P.S. There are no Aliens in Warframe.

As per Lore, this entire drama originated from the Orokin.

Who are the Human empire.

So it is safe to say that after thousands of years, humans are still busy doing each other in.

Well, it depends on how you define alien, really. If we go by the extraterrestrial definition, then any creature not found native on Earth is technically an alien (Desert Skates and dem Sharks).

Technically.

Edited by Brimir

*SPÖILER*

But if Lotus is a Sentient, they are also very much human.

Nah, she isn't

Really there are no "Alien" races in the game.

Orokin are likely some Human type species or offshoot. As are the Grineer and Corpus. Tenno as well.

Infested were created by Orokin and so were the Sentients (Simaris Codex Entry has the story)

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. - Arthur C. Clarke

Why would it be terrifying if we aren't?