The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Got Tired Of Mesa Complaints

Sibernetika

everyone complaining about Mesa and her peacemaker on how its toooo powerful.... Peacemaker is for early game to mid game where you want to rush through all of the cannon fodder to get to the real fun part, and that is When mesa comes out and shines with the rest of her abilities.. like this vid here

its nothing fancy, and encoding seemed to have screwed up along the line but its a basic representation of how useful a Mesa is and is not just about her 4

I cant see where I said endgame * rereads my post again* nope still cant see where I said endgame... if Simulacrum could go higher I would, but alas

It can still go beyond 95 with MR20. If your Simulacrum could go higher, yes.

Edited by LazerSkink

OMG MUH MESA CAN'T STEAMROLL OP HEVI GUNERZ

It's not OP because it's strong, it's OP because it's just strong enough, just fast enough, and just far enough to turn it into the AFK aimbot that we all loathe. Your entire team has to sit there and watch you not play for 30 waves twiddling their thumbs, and you get the rewards of people playing the game as intended by pressing 4 and holding LMB, pausing every minute or so to recharge. Nothing to do with facing broken enemies.

Wow, I can't believe this. Wrong thread.

Edited by TheBrsrkr

It's just like all the noobs crying about Sayrn's Miasma. Anyone who's ever gone to level 100+ enemies knows the struggle, hell even lvl 60s with no CP will give you a hard time.

I use saryn with positive Duration when going for late game when we don't  use 4xCP... Miasma is for mass radial corrosive procs, not for damage at that stage of the game, Venom for the Viral procs and Molt for that second of getting some attention of my back, remove slash and fire procs and for a quick heal

you didn't read did you

No, I did. You're saying Peacemaker is okay because Mesa's other abilities are good.

Which is confusing, because "Peacemaker" and "Mesa's other abilities" aren't the same thing. Mesa's other abilities could be the best abilities in the game, and that still wouldn't change the fact that Peacemaker might as well be a cutscene.

OMG MUH MESA CAN'T STEAMROLL OP HEVI GUNERZ

It's not OP because it's strong, it's OP because it's just strong enough, just fast enough, and just far enough to turn it into the AFK aimbot that we all loathe. Your entire team has to sit there and watch you not play for 30 waves twiddling their thumbs, and you get the rewards of people playing the game as intended by pressing 4 and holding LMB, pausing every minute or so to recharge. Nothing to do with facing broken enemies.

Wow, I can't believe this. Wrong thread.

like I said Peacemaker is meant for getting through the easy crap waves fast.. 

Only issue with peacemaker is how it stops everyone else on your team from being able to play the game in any public lobby, anything within 50 meters of you instantly dies. It's not overpowered by any stretch because it really does drop off hard but if you wanted to actually get to shoot something in a low-level mission with a Mesa in your squad then good luck.

Gun kata does not involve moving around much

Only issue with peacemaker is how it stops everyone else on your team from being able to play the game in any public lobby, anything within 50 meters of you instantly dies. It's not overpowered by any stretch because it really does drop off hard but if you wanted to actually get to shoot something in a low-level mission with a Mesa in your squad then good luck.

oh so like Saryn, Ash, javelin spamming Excal... also you tend to get those players only around the farming hotspots like Draco.. where people usually go for 4 waves for xp and a T4 key.. maybe explore the star chart a bit, you will find many places where you don't find a Mesa at all

Gun kata does not involve moving around much

Watching that video requires the exact same level of interaction as Peacemaker. Do you really not see the problem here? It's not how powerful it is, it's the fact that it slaps the controls out of your hands and plays the game for you.

Personally the only issue I have with peacemaker is the fact you activate it and then... just hold the button and do nothing for the rest of your life, and that is not only really boring for yourself, but it turns out to make the mission boring for the whole team as well.

Watching that video requires the exact same level of interaction as Peacemaker. Do you really not see the problem here? It's not how powerful it is, it's the fact that it slaps the controls out of your hands and plays the game for you.

so like ash that goes 44444444444 only diff is he has to aim again when his duration is over and then press 4 again and its cutscene time again, also ash can do that for so much longer, no one complains about ash... because well its ash

so like ash that goes 44444444444 only diff is he has to aim again when his duration is over and then press 4 again and its cutscene time again, also ash can do that for so much longer, no one complains about ash... because well its ash

Ash doesn't have a 50m hard capped range, or the ability to belt off dozens of rounds in seconds. Mesa is a weaker Ash with Peacemaker, but she's as fast as 10 Ash-es.

Plenty of people complain about Ash. However, Mesa is more popular & the Ash complaints have been drowned out.