The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaykor Marelok Vs. Lex Prime

mellojoe

Question

I have a 2 forma Lex Prime and a 2 forma Vaykor Marelock.  I think I like the Marelock better, but thats mostly because of the spinning animation.   Both deal insane damage per shot.  The syndicate weapon has the innate syndicate effect proc, which is gravy. The Lex is seriously better looking, though.

Which do you all like better?

17 answers to this question

Lex Prime hits harder, so it's better for high level enemies that might survive a shot from the Vaykor. Meanwhile the Vaykor has a bigger clip, meaning higher effective fire rate, and the Syndicate AoE. It even has some spread, which with Seeker can help out against crowds, meaning it's a much better weapon for low-mid level enemies.

Have you seen any villian named Marelok? 

It's friggin Lex Luthor, no debate.

Jk lol depends on the situation. Vaykor can reach 100% stt chance, higher base damage and more Magazine, but its primary type is impact (which is bad in the Void).

Lex P have higher crit stats, better primary damage type (puncture) but mag size is low and higher recoil. Stt chance is neglectable.

I like both and both have about 5 formas on it. Vaykor for the syndicate proc that helps clear out low level enemies, but the crits on the Lex Prime are insane and scales into endgame slightly bit more imo. I would say Lex is probably edges out for me if I'm trying to min max because of the scaling even though the reload makes me have to check the the days date every time it goes to see if a year has passed. 

But I have to personally say my favorite sidearm so far has been the Atomyos, (Atomos?). That thing with Ruines Extension is so much fun to play with and does really good dps. 

To reach top efficiency at lex you need two maxed primed crit mods. And headshots. Then, nothing can close to it's DPS. Nothing. 

However, mentioned stuff can be a liability to some. Maerlock will give you more, sooner and  it's not so picky of what you put in it or how you aim. It can achieve much larger magazine, can heal you and AoE trash around you.

Imo if you play really high level stuff, like endless /sorties, lex is better. For all other things - maerlock. 

I'll put it like this. If Sorties allowed Lex Prime as a sniper Rifle in T3 Sorties, everyone will pick Lex Prime over any sniper rifle. The accuracy and damage of a Lex Prime is insane, even without a scope. Getting headshots with that pistol is easy, easier than a sniper rifle.