The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can't Play Update 17

(XBOX)redcoatrafi

Hey DE...I came across a issue..Have been trying to download the u17 update for an hour now....everytime it gets to about 75% completed it stops and a black box pops up saying...

Failed to download the update from our servers.. Please restart the game and try again...

I am not sure why its doing this. I have retried uninstalling the game and redownloading it.

Restarted my xbox and tried to download the update. Nothing is working.

Thanks.

Our team is investigating rare cases of inability to download the update - hang tight!

After some investigation it seems that the update has not reached certain regions yet, hence why players in this thread are unable to fully download Echoes of the Sentient. An ETA on when it will reach those regions is unknown, and your best solution is to wait and try again shortly.

To determine if you're downloading the correct build, your launcher image should read Echoes of the Sentient and display Equinox (old build displays Ash Prime). 

Please note to download the update from your 'My games and apps' app before launching Warframe.

Thank you!

Edited by [DE]Megan

From my experience, this sounds like a problem with the Xbox One's cache. If you're all still stuck, try holding a finger on the glowing Xbox symbol located on the face of the console for about 10 seconds. You'll hear a unique tone, which will cause the Xbox to fully shutdown, and clear any cache errors.

From here, just turn the console back on, and you may be good to go. This seems to fix problems similar to this all of the time.

-- Oh, nevermind. Apparently Megan already discovered the issue. It's still a good tip to learn whenever a mysterious problem arises, so I'll leave it regardless.

Edited by (XB1)Racialize

I downloaded the update to the game through the my games and apps. Started the game and it started the checking for updates after several mins of saying connecting. Now its stuck at 99% saying  Downloading Updates 0.0 MB (56 KB/s) and has been for about half an hr. Should I close the game out and clear the cache? I really would hate to have to do so since it took so long to update in the first place.

And yes it shows the Equinox warframe on the starting screen.

Our team is investigating rare cases of inability to download the update - hang tight!

After some investigation it seems that the update has not reached certain regions yet, hence why players in this thread are unable to fully download Echoes of the Sentient. An ETA on when it will reach those regions is unknown, and your best solution is to wait and try again shortly.

To determine if you're downloading the correct build, your launcher image should read Echoes of the Sentient and display Equinox (old build displays Ash Prime). 

Please note to download the update from your 'My games and apps' app before launching Warframe.

Thank you!

how do i update from my games and apps? i checked and it doesn't give me options to update, my launcher shows equinox,  this is the 3rd day i can't play warframe.

how do i update from my games and apps? i checked and it doesn't give me options to update, my launcher shows equinox,  this is the 3rd day i can't play warframe.

Navigate to your 'My games and apps' app and select Warframe - this will prompt a download if you haven't already. 

Once it is finished downloading, you can select Warframe again to open the launcher.

Another route you can try is:

Step 1: Reset your router by unplugging the cable modem and waiting 5 minutes to turn it back on.

Step 2: Hard reset your Xbox by holding down the power button until it shuts off.

Step 3: Once both of those are complete please attempt to launch Warframe.

it doesn't give the prompt, also i have hard reset my xbox and nothing changed, i'm still getting "some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. please restart warframe to try again." message on the launcher, i even tried reinstalling the game and i still get the message. i've been told that deleting the reserved space helps but it did nothing.  

now the message is on screen and the loading bar at the bottom saying"downloading updates ...0.0(186 B/s)" and counting down

it doesn't give the prompt, also i have hard reset my xbox and nothing changed, i'm still getting "some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. please restart warframe to try again." message on the launcher, i even tried reinstalling the game and i still get the message. i've been told that deleting the reserved space helps but it did nothing.

now the message is on screen and the loading bar at the bottom saying"downloading updates ...0.0(186 B/s)" and counting down

Try just canceling the new patch download from your queue, and starting up Warframe. It should actually download the newest patch after that. Edited by (XB1)Racialize

I have a few recommendations to hopefuly correct this problem...

Try Deleting the game (Not your Save), and when you redownload it, during its My Games and Apps install let it Completely finish, DO NOT click it if it says Ready to Start and just let it finish competely (when it dissapears from Install section), then restart your console immedantly with a Hard Reset (hold power button on controller for 5 seconds and click shut off console/turn off console), then start your console up, and then launch Warframe and it should update correctly (and as a bonus for safety, you can hard reset after it updates as before again to insure a full update).

This what i did to correct it.

Edited by (XB1)brenon45

day 6 and i still can't play warframe on my xbox

I'm having the same exact problem. Nothing has worked and I've gotten no help from de so far. Seems like they haven't been able to help you either. I can kiss my kubrow good bye now

day 6 and i still can't play warframe on my xbox

I'm having the same exact problem. Nothing has worked and I've gotten no help from de so far. Seems like they haven't been able to help you either. Edited by (XB1)Cartman juni0r

yeah I've done just about everything everyone hear has said and in the end I'v successfully uninstalled my game 3 times with it never reaching past 41% since it never seems to go past that point. It is currently on 41% right now just as it has been since 8 AM and I've even tried not touching it at all with still no luck. I have a friend who downloaded it for PS4 just fine and he is using the same network as I am so I just want to know if it is something wrong on my end or if update 17 needs a patch 17.1.1 before I can actually play it on my xbox one and have fun with the new mechanics.

I have a few recommendations to hopefuly correct this problem...

Try Deleting the game (Not your Save), and when you redownload it, during its My Games and Apps install let it Completely finish, DO NOT click it if it says Ready to Start and just let it finish competely (when it dissapears from Install section), then restart your console immedantly with a Hard Reset (hold power button on controller for 5 seconds and click shut off console/turn off console), then start your console up, and then launch Warframe and it should update correctly (and as a bonus for safety, you can hard reset after it updates as before again to insure a full update).

This what i did to correct it.

how do you redownload? all im getting is reinstall

how do you redownload? all im getting is reinstall

He is saying to remove it completely from your system, then go back and install it from scratch. When reinstalling, resist the urge to play when it says "Ready to Play" since it is not ready until the game disappears from the queue completely.

My first recommendation is to delete your reserve space first. I can't tell if you have tried that yet. First it fixed a lot of issues similar to this for many people and second it doesn't take as long as a full download.

He is saying to remove it completely from your system, then go back and install it from scratch. When reinstalling, resist the urge to play when it says "Ready to Play" since it is not ready until the game disappears from the queue completely.

My first recommendation is to delete your reserve space first. I can't tell if you have tried that yet. First it fixed a lot of issues similar to this for many people and second it doesn't take as long as a full download.

and how do i completely remove it from the system?

after install

6: hard shut of xbox

7: turn on xbox

8:go to my games and apps

9: select warframe

10:wait out the launcher

11: launcher checking for updates

12: then i get the message "some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. please restart warframe to try again.

13: i quit warframeand reset

14: i get the same result

now the xbox anniversary items are gone and i'm still not able to play warframe.