Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sunika Prime... Can It Be?!

Ryujin

Prime Dogs wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to upgrade your pet normally... but come on, let's get real. We've had 2.5 years to get to know DE and for them to know us in turn. We know they wont go the upgrade route, at least not unless there is enough screaming on the forums. Even then... maybe. Gotta make FAUX "CONTENT" and put it behind a RNG wall!

Also a quote for truth.

Truth_zpsejzm1oxe.png

Yeah it should definitely be an upgrade procedure you can perform on your Kubrow.   Genetic Stabilization through Orokin tech.  Maybe have it stabilize the kubrow, give you access to prime white and gold color for that Kubrow, and give it a different set of base stats to build off as you level the PRIME to 30.

Have it act like a forma that takes 24 hours to install.  You pick your new Forma polarity and then your Kubrow is Primed aka Stabalized.

If they won't to spread out the upgrades have it release as a specific part for each breed "Prime Gene Sequences"

Also give the option to do a fresh egg, which would have your default prime extra polarity AND would guarantee what type it will produce, but not fur pattern.

Edited by (PS4)geomancer1980

Also still unhappy. Its not the resources I have invested that I mind - I can get more of that. Its the bond you build with your one particular Kubro. That was the intent right DE? From those earliest dev streams you wanted us to have something we could get attached to. Gratz, it worked. This is why i am upset.

I just know these wont be upgrades, seeing only the sunika popped up. They will be replacements.

So what this would mean is - with Katbros coming, I should 100% not invest in them in both resources and emotions. As I know that they will be primed eventually, maybe a year or two down the track. In action this means i wont be rushing anything using plat or purchasing any cosmetics. Why bother, primed Kubros just made Katbros mastery fodder.

Edited by Chimera_Prime

Also still unhappy. Its not the resources I have invested that I mind - I can get more of that. Its the bond you build with your one particular Kubro. That was the intent right DE? From those earliest dev streams you wanted us to have something we could get attached to. Gratz, it worked. This is why i am upset.

I just know these wont be upgrades, seeing only the sunika popped up. They will be replacements.

So what this would mean is - with Katbros coming, I should 100% not invest in them in both resources and emotions. As I know that they will be primed eventually, maybe a year or two down the track. In action this means i wont be rushing anything using plat or purchasing any cosmetics. Why bother, primed Kubros just made Katbros mastery fodder.

thats power creep for ya

As long as I can upgrade an existing sunika, I'll be happy.  If I can't, well, my beautiful pooches will stay frozen.

PS - Anyone who says sunikas are bad, isn't using a fast frame zipping through maps murdering everything on the fly.  The other breeds are irrelevant for the most part.  I don't stop when a sahasa randomly digs something up half a visible map away when they are at max range and about to teleport to me.

Cannot for the life of me understand people that think having a Sunika Prime somehow devalues the Sunikas they have, acting like if they got a Sunika Prime they would somehow be forced to give up their existing Sunikas.

^^ this. Same thing with real life dogs.

I have a dog that's 12 years old now and his joints aren't working as good as they used to and he's a lot more tired and lazy now days. But that sure as hell doesn't mean I have to go and get a new dog because my curent one is old!!!

Cannot for the life of me understand people that think having a Sunika Prime somehow devalues the Sunikas they have, acting like if they got a Sunika Prime they would somehow be forced to give up their existing Sunikas.

People like additional bonuses and no one knows what makes the Kubrow a prime besides it's name. If prime Kubrows end up having less DNA decay, that would be kind of a slap to those that love Kubrows and get invested in them. The best thing would be if we can somehow enhance our current Kubrow's DNA that transforms it into a prime. 

I'm sure many Kubrow lovers would happily farm for something that can prime their favorite pup, especially if it means reduced decay rate. DE could have us farm Threshcone Extract to make antitoxin and then combine that with some Primed Incubator Power Core to use on an existing Kubrow.

People like additional bonuses and no one knows what makes the Kubrow a prime besides it's name. If prime Kubrows end up having less DNA decay, that would be kind of a slap to those that love Kubrows and get invested in them. The best thing would be if we can somehow enhance our current Kubrow's DNA that transforms it into a prime. 

I'm sure many Kubrow lovers would happily farm for something that can prime their favorite pup, especially if it means reduced decay rate. DE could have us farm Threshcone Extract to make antitoxin and then combine that with some Primed Incubator Power Core to use on an existing Kubrow.

why stop there? They can use this method on frames as well lel.

That's not what people are talking about, though.  People are saying that Prime versions of an item make the old one obsolete and that they're FORCED to get rid of the old one.  There's is absolutely nothing forced about any of it.  If people want to delete their old equipment when they get the Prime version that's their choice.  

People are acting like they're being made to throw their dogs in the trash and it's completely made up.

are kubrows really that popular? If i wanted to play tamogatchi i'd buy a physical one

Pretty much my thoughts. Also with odonata prime. And revise the last sentence to "If I wanted to fly around in space, I'd play EVE. Or become an astronaut. I bet real space would be better designed."

For the love of god, don't let Prime Kubrow/catbrows be a thing. My Kubrow has a name, a personality, he's adorable. We don't need slightly stat boosted rehashed content that will just kill off our current fluffy friends.

This so much this, like, only someone who doesn't play the game to imagine such a ridiculous thing as a kubrow prime.

And then we have economy, all those colors, sizes, patterns and whatever else to the dumpster, all those 8 forma to max a kubrow, to the dumpster as well.

If something like this comes up, it better be an injection a la capitain america, otheriwse forget it.

Well, I will never understand lore.

Aren't the NORMAL kubrows the ones that turned into savages, not the primed varient? Didn't lotus say something about how the eggs we tried to maintain would be kubrows from the orokin?

I demand a refund. Inb4 u need excal prime parts