Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe Market Is A Joke And Actively Discourages Impulse Purchases (Updated, Includes Solution To Installed Catalysts/weapon Slot On Weapons)

You all understand the point of making any video game right? Money! The reason items are 5 bucks for a weapon is because money makes our world go round.  DE needs money, they have people to pay and all.  So.. I kinda disagree with this entire thing. I understand peoples complaints but they need money as-well.

As a bonus. those aren't re-skins. They are entirely new weapons.  The dread, the Hate, and The Despair. 

You all understand the point of making any video game right? Money! The reason items are 5 bucks for a weapon is because money makes our world go round.  DE needs money, they have people to pay and all.  So.. I kinda disagree with this entire thing. I understand peoples complaints but they need money as-well.

As a bonus. those aren't re-skins. They are entirely new weapons.  The dread, the Hate, and The Despair. 

Well... They aren't reskins, they are remodels.

Very minor differences.

And this idea would net them MORE money, you're acting like I'm telling them to make everything free in the market and instead choose to survive on sunshine and farts. Making everything expensive in a F2P game is not how you maximize profits, it makes people turn away from the market in disgust.

Would you pay $15 for the Akboltos or any other weapon? You can make them for free in two days.

+1 

Please, please fix the platinum prices. As they are now, everyone ignores buying things for platinum(because its too high) and is forced to slog through the alert system as the only method of gaining some things instead of turning to buying things first, like they should want us to do.

Why are you curious?

They dont need to post to every thread made.

Exactly.

And I have no clue how you figure DE discourages impulse buys... I impulse buy all the time... I should be in Warframes Anonymous. 

Exactly.

And I have no clue how you figure DE discourages impulse buys... I impulse buy all the time... I should be in Warframes Anonymous. 

Not everybody has the money you do to blow away on the ludicrously expensive warframes and other assorted items.

Try thinking of other people's financial circumstances, not just yours. Why are F2P games so appealing? Because they don't require pay to play. Who does this appeal to most? People with low income.

Like i said.... they dont need to post to every thread made.

They choose the Hot Topics, and market pricing isn't some new discussion.

This thing has been going on for a long time, this isnt the first time this same exact idea has been brought up.

Like I said, read my post, I never said every topic. Also please point me to a thread that has as much popularity as this one?

Edit: And while you're at that make sure it's not a one liner.

Edited by Pisirk

What happens to those who bought at the higher price point though?

Best case scenario: DE either rolls back the Platinum everybody spent to a certain degree, or offers some other way of compensation such as an exclusive item for everybody who spent money in the market before they lowered the prices.

Worst case scenario: Nothing, you grin and bear it knowing the market prices aren't completely over the top any more.

Worst case scenario: Nothing, you grin and bear it knowing the market prices aren't completely over the top any more.

would only be fair.

you don't go to supermarket to demand you get your money back because the pickles you bought yesterday went on sale today. same as you don't go and pay the difference if the prices go up.

good post, i hope DE considers it.

Best case scenario: DE either rolls back the Platinum everybody spent to a certain degree, or offers some other way of compensation such as an exclusive item for everybody who spent money in the market before they lowered the prices.

I wouldn't mind if they went for the worst case scenario. I've had my fun with what I spent.

Which is most often the case when stuff gets re-priced anywhere, virtual markets or not. Its one reason to keep your credit cards in check when you get the sense that prices are too high. Buying at those higher prices says your willing and able to pay it, which tells the developers that those higher prices are okay. Its hard to vote with your wallet, but sometimes its the only way.

With the amount of content Warframe has at this moment, the current platinum prices can encourage to actually farm for the items to provide the feedback DE needs to improve farming system. If items are too accessible via platinum, there will be less feedback regarding how balance the game is without spending platinum which might leads to an even more noticeable pay2win situation.

With the amount of content Warframe has at this moment, the current platinum prices can encourage to actually farm for the items to provide the feedback DE needs to improve farming system. If items are too accessible via platinum, there will be less feedback regarding how balance the game is without spending platinum which might leads to an even more noticeable pay2win situation.

Regardless of store prices, there will always be players who refuse to pay for anything and farm their gear through the gameplay. They aren't magically going to disappear when everything becomes cheaper. It's not really a good thing to be saying "the Platinum prices are so insanely bad it makes feedback on weapon farming more common and reliable." The market is one of the things being tested in this beta, and right now it needs some serious change.

Also Pay2Win implies the person paying for the item is getting a major bonus not available to a free player. Everything in the store in Warframe can be earned for free.

looks like you bought the stalker pack like a scrub in hopes it was going to be easy mode for you, Hows that paris?  

I didnt know people still bought wepons for plat still , I make everything from the blueprints for free

I didn't buy the Stalker pack or any weapons. If I did, it would say "owned" in the image I took.

Go be stupid somewhere else.

Regardless of store prices, there will always be players who refuse to pay for anything and farm their gear through the gameplay. They aren't magically going to disappear when everything becomes cheaper. It's not really a good thing to be saying "the Platinum prices are so insanely bad it makes feedback on weapon farming more common and reliable." The market is one of the things being tested in this beta, and right now it needs some serious change.

Also Pay2Win implies the person paying for the item is getting a major bonus not available to a free player. Everything in the store in Warframe can be earned for free.

The best why I've seen it described is as P2hf.  IE Pay to have fun :|

The best why I've seen it described is as P2hf.  IE Pay to have fun :|

Nah, the best description is Pay2Sleep.

Want the good stuff? Better be up 24/7 and not have a job. Those alerts don't last long, son.

"There will always be players who refuse to pay for anything and farm their gear through the gameplay."

This pretty much sums me up in a nutshell, the only thing I could think of getting would be the color packs and frame/inventory slots. Maybe helmets, and even that might be pushing it.

Because as it stands, why would I pay a sizable sum for something I could grind for in a few hours?

This pretty much sums me up in a nutshell, the only thing I could think of getting would be the color packs and frame/inventory slots. Maybe helmets, and even that might be pushing it.

Because as it stands, why would I pay a sizable sum for something I could grind for in a few hours?

The problem with developers who make these games though is they kind of see people like you as an enemy. "He's not paying for anything? Disgusting. We should find ways to make him pay."

This is the wrong mind set when making a F2P game. At the end of the day you set out to make a game to be played for free, and many people will do just that and not spend a penny.

The best thing to do when it comes to genuine free players is to earn their trust, show them that they aren't going to be screwed over for not paying. If you do that, they may put put down some money in the future.

In my opinion, shifting the platinum costs toward boosters instead of as direct purchases might help more.

As an example, besides the Credit & Affinity Boosters one can buy, adding an Item Find Booster, Foundry Booster, Clan Construction Booster, and a Mod Finder Booster would encourage people to spend platinum to have an easier time. It would encourage people to play more, as the platinum purchases would be biased toward giving people an easier time, not toward instant gratification.

In my opinion, shifting the platinum costs toward boosters instead of as direct purchases might help more.

As an example, besides the Credit & Affinity Boosters one can buy, adding an Item Find Booster, Foundry Booster, Clan Construction Booster, and a Mod Finder Booster would encourage people to spend platinum to have an easier time. It would encourage people to play more, as the platinum purchases would be biased toward giving people an easier time, not toward instant gratification.

Plat based consumable items is a very sustainable sink. Would recommend this over insta gratification. +1