The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe Market Is A Joke And Actively Discourages Impulse Purchases (Updated, Includes Solution To Installed Catalysts/weapon Slot On Weapons)

The only reasonably priced non-cosmetic items in the market are reactors, catalysts, forma, sentinels and Loki/Excalibur/Volt. I wish they would do more "sales" that had better discounts... for the longest time now, it's only been what, the Dual Skana? Which would be better built via a blueprint anyway. That, and dynamically scaling plat costs for bundles based on the stuff you already have.

he got 5xx votes and there are more then 300.000 accounts. i am not sure if you are serious.

if you want a real change you must visit the owner. only employers read this forum. they get their chupa chups every month. not more and not less. they don't care.

welcome to reality.

what do you think, all those 300.000 accounts visit the forum regularly?

out of these 300.000 accounts, a % does not play anymore, another % only from time to time and out of those people that really play only a few frequent the forums. almost 600 votes is a lot considering that.

Eh. I'm perfectly content with the market as it is.

I haven't bought any weapon or frame with platinum, and I have no problems with buying a blueprint and crafting an item...

Though I guess I may just have that much more patience than the next guy.

if the platinum changes, I want my plat back then!

This is another serious issue.

If DE makes too large or radical of a change to the market, then a LOT of people who have already invested platinum or lots of credits may feel betrayed, and would demand a refund for their purchases (although there is a reset function, which would be the big counter-argument to the people desiring a refund)

I'm sure everybody by now has noticed how absurdly priced everything is in the Warframe market.

DE, why is everything so expensive? I know you're new to the whole F2P scene, but making everything cost an arm and a leg is not how you make a profit. Who are you appealing to with garbage like this?

pricejoke.png

125 Platinum (nearly $10) for a Dual Skana? And it's apparently on sale? How does this count as a sale? Last I checked, sales were meant to be enticing to at least somebody.

800 Platinum (the price of the average AAA game you can find on Steam) for two poxy reskins and a scythe?

Who is going to buy these besides people who have zero sense of what money is worth?

When you put things up in the store, you want to appeal to the average Joe. The guy who has $5 left in his account after paying the bills. The kid who got $5 for delivering newspapers and wants to spend it on his favorite game. You appeal to these people because they are your most common customer, the broadest audience that plays your game. You DON'T want to purely appeal to people who apparently S#&$ money and own a Bentley, because that's what it seems you're doing.

priceplat.png

These are your cheapest Platinum packs, these are the most commonly bought packages. Appeal to the people who will only put money down on THESE packages. Take advantage of the rich folk second.

Now I know what some of you will be thinking. "DE can price these things however they want, it's their game and they need to eat!" Fair enough, but pricing items so that NOBODY but rich kids will buy them is not how you make a profit. What's more likely to earn the highest amount of dough; a cheap product that sells continuously or a really expensive product that barely sells at all?

I personally spent some time altering some market prices as an example and discussed with others what we agreed they should be. This is in by no means a "DO THIS NOW," it's merely a suggestion we feel would help DE earn more profit and make the overall playerbase much happier. That in the end is what matters.

priceedit1.png

As you can see for weapons, we agreed upon a $5 limit. After all these weapons can be farmed up with relative ease. So what good is it to make half the weapons cost $15 when somebody will immediately jump back and just say "I can farm these weapons up in like an hour of farming, I'm not paying that much."

You want to make the ability to purchase these weapons seem like a service instead of a complete con. If the weapons were priced as they were above, a person would actually think about purchasing some of these weapons. "It would take ages to get those Akboltos if I did it normally. $5 isn't that much after all so I guess it's okay to buy them, and it comes with an Orokin Catalyst and a weapon slot as well."

The person wouldn't feel ripped off, unlike the current system, because for all intents and purposes he didn't get ripped off, he got a pretty damn good deal. That's what you want, you want everybody to consider buying weapons from the store first, before they even think of grinding the weapon up in game.

Here's another one we did for the actual frames.

priceedit2.png

I know I know, we bumped up the price of Loki, Volt and Excalibur. But overall every frame is now in line of $10-$15. That's what we felt would be the best price zone for them and what the average consumer would appreciate more. Instead of crap like Rhino and Ash costing 325 Platinum which is just insane. Did people even buy those? If you did, you got ripped hard.

Another thing DE needs to start doing is having sales that matter. Sales are ALWAYS when companies and other businesses earn the biggest profit, people love a good sale and will usually save up some money waiting for one to drop. Look at the above frame prices, they're okay, they'd be purchased a few times, certainly A LOT more than they are now, which is more money in the bank for DE. But what if... ALL FEMALE FRAMES 50% OFF SALE WEEKEND happened.

priceeditsale.png

"HOLY @(*()$ S#&$" - Everybody looking for a good deal.

You have now got everybody who can only afford the small packages SCURRYING to grab these frames while they're discounted. People who would have never bought these frames normally whether it be due to other financial reasons taking precedence or just refusing altogether to drop that kind of money on a F2P game. Look at Steam, look how much profit Valve earns during Steam sales. They earn MILLIONS, their profits skyrocket. People LOVE sales, so take advantage of them.

Well, there's my long &#! post about the market. DE, I'm begging you. Make the market prices actually sane. Everybody will benefit from it. You'll earn more money, and the playerbase will be happier and not feel like they walked into a con house.

-UPDATED-

After a talk with Cifrer (thanks brah) on Page 5, we quickly came up with a way to balance out the pricing of the weapons in a way that makes them cheap while also taking into account Orokin Catalysts and weapon slots are included. The solution? Make them optional extras.

(Excuse the awful obvious Paint edits, I ain't no graphic artist)

pricechoice.png

The person can choose to buy just the weapon, or pay a little extra for an installed Catalyst at a discounted price. And if they want to, even pay a little extra for a weapon slot. This way everybody wins.

Those damn things are massive overpriced even the Founder Program too overpriced even the Steam prices 75 Platinum for 4,75 € or so. Are you mad DE?... I will better farm years for the items instead of buying overpriced things...

• 3 weeks later...

SERIOUS BUMPAGE!

I mean, come ON, DE! You GOTTA realise that your so-called "prices" (more like bloody extortions) are ridiculous and ludicrously unfair! Seriously. When the OP has more business sense than the entirety of the business in question themselves, it's a bloody miracle you even have any customers at all to begin with.

Stop extorting us for things that are barely even more than shortcuts already! It just isn't RIGHT.

Edited by Captain_Seasick

SERIOUS BUMPAGE!

I mean, come ON, DE! You GOTTA realise that your so-called "prices" (more like bloody extortions) are ridiculous and ludicrously unfair! Seriously. When the OP has more business sense than the entirety of the business in question themselves, it's a bloody miracle you even have any customers at all to begin with.

Stop extorting us for things that are barely even more than shortcuts already! It just isn't RIGHT.

They realize the market is bad, since we only fund them they need the prices to be high.

Screw it, while we are at lets just sell everything for 1 plat each.  Once everyone has everything there will be ALOT left to do in the game and that will be really good for DE to retain customers.

Edited by Xavyn

1.) Stop bumping threads, it's against forum rules.

2.) You beat the horse to death, then beat it more. Then, a week later you came back and beat it more... then a month later you came back and beat it more again.

The feedback was received... They are either going to do something about it or they wont. So far, it seems like they are willing to flex with plat coupons; if they agreed with your feedback we likely would have seen a price drop (which we haven't).

SERIOUS BUMPAGE!

Then craft the items....

I still got over 2.4k+ platinum.

Most of it is on colors and slots and embarrassingly sentinels (because it is only 75 plat and comes with 2 potatoess !)

anyone stop to think the prices are set the way they are because DE would rather you use your plat on slots and potatoes and have you grind your way to the items you want as a way to keep you playing? crazy i know....

Edited by AskingShoe

I still got over 2.4k+ platinum.

Most of it is on colors and slots and embarrassingly sentinels (because it is only 75 plat and comes with 2 potatoess !)

You spent plat on something that was cheap and worth it?

Hmmmm. This seems like the point the thread is trying to get across.

You spent plat on something that was cheap and worth it?

Hmmmm. This seems like the point the thread is trying to get across.

Colors are far from cheap. But i am sucker for cosmetics so what am I gonna do ?

If i did not spend on color packs i would be sitting on 2.7k or 2.8k :p

Colors are far from cheap. But i am sucker for cosmetics so what am I gonna do ?

If i did not spend on color packs i would be sitting on 2.7k or 2.8k :p

I meant the Sentinel.

2 Potatoes and a Sentinel for 75 plat made you buy it.

Therefore it proves even the people with a ton of plat would be willing to spend it on cheaper things.

I meant the Sentinel.

2 Potatoes and a Sentinel for 75 plat made you buy it.

Therefore it proves even the people with a ton of plat would be willing to spend it on cheaper things.

You have to look at it this way for frames, they are far harder to farm so hence it justifies their cost in plat.

What does a sentinel BP need ?

1 control module, 115k credits (100k bp cost and 15k construction) and a bunch of easily farmed resources.

For warframes, you will need neurodes, neural sensors and control module. 

That means Hek, Golem and Hyena at the minimum and the player must be able to farm at great efficiency. Especially Hek and Hyena which can be a gear check for newer players. Then not to mention rubedo (800 !!) which only drops on Earth, Europa and Pluto.  Morphics and the rest can be easily farmed for new players (given time) so it ain't an issue.

Rhino, the first frame that new players normally get (thanks Jackal)

Cost everything I mentioned above plus 105k credits (BP, helm, chassis systems and construction cost) and other resources like Orokin cell, plastids, alloy plates blah blah blah.

See the difference ?

Edited by fatpig84