The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe Market Is A Joke And Actively Discourages Impulse Purchases (Updated, Includes Solution To Installed Catalysts/weapon Slot On Weapons)

WHY are people arguing AGAINST cheaper prices!?

Chances are guaranteed that these people don't plan on spending a dime.

Because some people can see past their immediate personal benefit to look at the effects on the game over time. DE are following a model that has been shown to work. Cheap stuff that people will want to buy multiple times, "expensive" stuff that people will only want to buy once. All of it there it reduce the grind. Cosmetics being added for those who like that sort of thing.

Would I like the prices to be massively reduced? Well yes that would suit me. But reducing the longevity of the game is something I don't want to happen.

And I am a person who has already bought plat, about $30 worth so far and I will no doubt spend a bit more later on.

Because some people can see past their immediate personal benefit to look at the effects on the game over time. DE are following a model that has been shown to work. Cheap stuff that people will want to buy multiple times, "expensive" stuff that people will only want to buy once. All of it there it reduce the grind. Cosmetics being added for those who like that sort of thing.

Would I like the prices to be massively reduced? Well yes that would suit me. But reducing the longevity of the game is something I don't want to happen.

And I am a person who has already bought plat, about $30 worth so far and I will no doubt spend a bit more later on.

"longevity". It's completely artificial because there is NOTHING to do but grind. Saying "It'd reduce the grind" Is silly. It'd bring in money with which DE could figure something more permanent than constant grind. Plus, it'd probably earn them more money if the prices were reasonable.

This pretty much sums me up in a nutshell, the only thing I could think of getting would be the color packs and frame/inventory slots. Maybe helmets, and even that might be pushing it.

Because as it stands, why would I pay a sizable sum for something I could grind for in a few hours?

Exactly. That is how a good F2P model works. The game needs people playing to keep a good population in the game. Grinding means you play more hours than if you just play for fun. Cheap stuff that people do buy and expensive stuff that most people will grind for. Revenue and play-time.

Exactly. That is how a good F2P model works. The game needs people playing to keep a good population in the game. Grinding means you play more hours than if you just play for fun. Cheap stuff that people do buy and expensive stuff that most people will grind for. Revenue and play-time.

...no. After a certain point, people burnout from grinding, ESPECIALLY when there's nothing else to do. And just because I buy a gun, doesn't mean I'm gonna stop playing, hell, it means I'll be MORE willing to play, because I JUST bought a new weapon/frame.

Imaginary case study:

Update 10 comes out >> New frame available from market >> People with $$ buy from market  >> Game becomes Pay2Win.

You have Pay2Win wrong. Pay2Win is when something that helps you win can ONLY be bought, i.e. if there was a 50% damage booster in a PvP game, that'd be Pay2Win. Here in WF, just because you acquire a frame faster, or a new set of weapons faster, doesn't mean you'll be automatically stronger.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

A twenty-eight page rant is just waaaay TL;DR.  So, just out of cussed curiosity and pure sarcasm, are we still ranting about how the May Marketplace (when this thread was started) is a joke, or are we now saying that the September Marketplace is a joke?

I want to be clear about which one I'd be badmouthing.....

Furthermore, if you only have $5 or $10 left in an account after paying bills, an MMO is the LAST thing you need to be doing. I'm not saying I agree with their pricing, but I also hate rants like this about a cash shop that is 100% optional! You could play this game and obtain everything in it without spending a dime.

Actually a F2P MMO is exactly what you should be playing. You can get entertainment at a very cheap rate compared to almost every activity other than watching free TV channels or getting a book from the library. People just have to accept that they will take more time to reach a given point in the game than someone who has more disposable income.

Ranting that you can't get even more on top of your free stuff is what people should not be doing.

A twenty-eight page rant is just waaaay TL;DR.  So, just out of cussed curiosity and pure sarcasm, are we still ranting about how the May Marketplace (when this thread was started) is a joke, or are we now saying that the September Marketplace is a joke?

I want to be clear about which one I'd be badmouthing.....

What's changed since then? Nothing but the addition of more overpriced weapons/frames being added to it, with a few ok color packs, and a few terrible ones (4oJ, bastille color packs i.e.)

Ranting that you can't get even more on top of your free stuff is what people should not be doing.

Yeah, because wanting to spend money, and get a decent amount for it is terrible /sarcasm

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

And something else ,

Ok if the cost is less , people will buy more , so finaly , the staff may win more money ,it's good for DE (and us)

BUT if people buy more , people will have item of the game more quickly , so they will left the game earlier too , finaly , it's bad for DE (and us)

People may also be underestimating the number of players that will never pay, no matter how low the prices go. Another free game felt it was an achievement worth announcing that they were able to turn about 1/3 of their players into people who actually spent money on the game.

"longevity". It's completely artificial because there is NOTHING to do but grind. Saying "It'd reduce the grind" Is silly. It'd bring in money with which DE could figure something more permanent than constant grind. Plus, it'd probably earn them more money if the prices were reasonable.

No, longevity is how long Warframe keeps going and putting out new updates. That is not artificial its a real period of time.

What's changed since then? Nothing but the addition of more overpriced weapons/frames being added to it, with a few ok color packs, and a few terrible ones (4oJ, bastille color packs i.e.)

Yeah, not much has changed.  All those weapons, a couple of new Warframes, color packs, prolly twice as much stuff in there now than there was five months ago. All of that's just irrelevant details.

What's really important is that I'M NOT GETTING MY WAY!!  SO THIS WHOLE MARKET THING IS JUST WRONG!

I can't stress this strongly enough.  MY WAY - GOOD.  EVERYBODY ELSE'S WAY - NO GOOD.  MY WAY - NOW.  Does that pretty well sum up most of the posts?

More seriously, it's honestly and truly great that so many people care so much about this topic.  It's a really good sign for the game in general.  But it's just too much fun to troll!!  \-D

...no. After a certain point, people burnout from grinding, ESPECIALLY when there's nothing else to do. And just because I buy a gun, doesn't mean I'm gonna stop playing, hell, it means I'll be MORE willing to play, because I JUST bought a new weapon/frame.

And the person who burns out is replaced by a new customer, they may even stop playing for a while and come back later. Turnover in F2P games is always quite high, there is no getting away from that. From the Revenue perspective it doesn't matter whether the person spending the money has 1,000 hours or 50 hours played.

Yes, I also like to get Porches and Mustangs for free. Maybe they will give it to me if I ask nicely in the car shop. :) Prices are totally fine. There is the faster way to buy platinum and the slower grinding way to get money and blueprints. And depends upon luck factor if some weapon BPs drop on a first time or 100th time. :)

I don't think that I've seen a post be this $&*&*#(%&/ not understanding of whats going on in quite a while, congrats.

Let me sing you the song of my people: I would buy platinums more often if they were cheaper... or if the stuff in the marketplace were cheaper. That way, I wouldn't be discouraged to play when stuff are really hard to get, after all, this game is all about grinding. With time, I'm hoping there'll be more story to it, and that would made me stay more time :D