Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe Market Is A Joke And Actively Discourages Impulse Purchases (Updated, Includes Solution To Installed Catalysts/weapon Slot On Weapons)

Oh if I did in my post it was more likely a ignorant mistake, or difference of opinion. in the fact I still looking back can't see it I wont be mad if you point it out because I can't Identify the exaggeration

"If the game gave away all the everything we ever could have wanted for 10$"

I'd say "Getting everything for $10" is on the same league as "Having a weapon that costs $30".

I play a lot of free to play games - and i tend to spend in them, the worst offender is league of legends, i have literally thrown hundreds and hundreds of £pounds£ at Riot over years (if not thousands). I work am in my late 30's and have disposable, I am not time rich at all, but i do have a bit of spare cash to throw around. 

I don't mind giving cash over in in-games stores if i feel its fair, thus far i have probably chucked around £60 quid at war-frame, but i have to admit i am slightly taken aback by the prices in the game. I honestly think id be more tempted to throw money at the game if things were cheaper - rounding up a bit, 30£ probably gets me 2 frames and a gun. 

That said i think part of DE's problem is that - they seem committed to letting people grind frames (something i totally support), but they simply do not have enough frames, content - or weapons in the game to lower prices sufficiently and stay liquid. When league launched it had (i think) 40 champions in the game - we have 17 frames in the game (not counting primes); personally i think we require more gameplay options though equipment to enable any store rethink.

I will continue to support DE, but i certainly wont be buying more than 1 frame a month - and to be honest, i would much prefer to be front loading my investment (i am more likely to stay playing if i can have more things to keep me entertained at anyone time). 

I'd also like to see the store better organised (why cant i filter for cosmetic options for specific frames, guns by type (shotgun, rifle, etc), 

I really feel for DE on this subject however, pricing is an amazingly difficult balancing act - DE have to keep employed and the investors happy - they also need to keep the players happy - players sometimes forget that free to play games offer at least some value for nothing but time investment - and that's actually a pretty big freebie. 

Edited by PhotoSensitive

I agree that prices on the market are so ridiculous I will never buy anything else than Slots/Catalyst/Reactors. Upvote.

The only explanation on those prices is that they were also a result of RNG. They make NO business sense whatsoever.

FFS, do people comment here while lacking any knowledge of how F2P games work?

You are spending your money exactly the way that the majority of paying players are supposed to. F2P games work by selling low cost items to lots of people and high cost items to a small number of people. The high cost items are set at that level specifically so that people WILL grind for them. That means players keep playing which keeps the population high.

Yes the prices of certain things (weapons and warframes) is high. That is done on purpose because a lot of players will grind for those things specifically because its a "win" to save $20 on a new frame, but of course lots of them will drop the cash for an extra slot for that frame.

Edited by Silvershadow66

He is trying to make the point that F2P business model is about A LOT of small transactions, not A FEW of high ones. Dual Skana isn't a friggin Macbook.

And he is flat out wrong. F2P is about having transactions of varying amounts to cater for all budgets, some of those will be microtransactions but they don't all have to be.

If you want to compare Warframe to a game that actually has the same type of pricing model look at WoT. They have items from very cheap up to $40+, and even the pricy items sell well.

Edited by Silvershadow66

And he is flat out wrong. F2P is about having transactions of varying amounts to cater for all budgets, some of those will be microtransactions but they don't all have to be.

If you want to compare Warframe to a game that actually has the same type of pricing model look at WoT. They have items from very cheap up to $40+, and even the pricy items sell well.

But in no way, in your infinite wisdom, Can justify Dual skana being 125+ plat.

"If the game gave away all the everything we ever could have wanted for 10$"

I'd say "Getting everything for $10" is on the same league as "Having a weapon that costs $30".

I See it now was looking at the wrong post. Technically though that is not a hyperbole as the price that DE would be changing it to was never defined in OP.

The spirit of the two things are fundamentally different as well. What I said was designed to bring light to a piece of human nature always wanting more, and that we can't even make suggestions on this without access to their accounts for the true story of their accounts billable vs payable; that we haven't formed a chart of the price changes for that reason. My statment was formed to support evidence.

The form of his hyperbole was to exaggerate already defined numbers in an attempt to discredit the my post, which is an attempt enforcement of ignorance rather than vs my attempt to build real information by highlighting the lack by showing open ended data.

I don't see this as hypocrisy, but its close enough that I wouldn't hold it against you if you saw it this way hyperbole or no.

But in no way, in your infinite wisdom, Can justify Dual skana being 125+ plat.

Especially since single Skana costs even more. I love how people actually defend the pricing and act as though DE has done market research and stuff to know the exact pricing items need to be. When they completely gloss over the fact that DE has never actually changed the prices of anything, and has instead assigned completely arbitrary high prices to things and then left the prices at what they were without ever changing them.  Notice Volt still costs 75 platinum from his starter frame days? Notice that Mag still costs more than other starter frames? Those are things that should have been fixed, but were not.

Nearly every review of the game has pointed out that the platinum costs are absolutely ridiculous. Should tell you something.

Edited by Grilleds

It most definitely was.

Name a single change that the market has had since then.

No it wasn't five dollar limit at what principle, in what currency. in USD If you pay for weapons in 75 plat packs it costs 20$ to buy the most expensive weapon. But if you pay 200$ for a 4300 pack it costs somewhere near 11. If you buy a 75% off token that weapons costs $2.75 or so. If you buy it during a Darvos sale it may cost as little as $1.50.

I can ask that question of the original post, there for as these methods of purchase can and are utilized, the original post has not defined a change.

If you persist in verbally attacking me without grounds I will report the attack because I'm tired of defending my opinions against a faceless person who comes in and says 500 hours 30$ for a weapon as support for calling me stupid which I cant help but noticed you shiftily edited out, in short just makes up numbers in order to call someone stupid. Your not stupid I respect that you feel the price should be reduced, and honor your feelings by checking my numbers when I presented my argument to the thread. Not to your abuse.

If you want really want to show me how wrong I am, quit quoting me and post your own researched data, highlighting a economically possible solution based off real current numbers; don't target it at me. Then if its accurate and shows a real improvement for the enjoyability of the game, it will literally show me. Our opinions will be then same. That would show me.

Seems like DE is making the same mistake as one of my favorite companies, Games Workshop.

Over the past 10 years, Games Workshop has more than doubled the price of their product (they make Warhammer 40k, among other things).

So the problem now, is people new to the hobby are looking at around $400 minimum to get an army started and play.  So as cool as it seems, nobody wants to drop the price of a new PS4 on getting a model army started.

DE has the same problem with their prices.

By keeping prices high, you are discouraging the sales.

Here's the thing.  Not only can players farm most of these things anyway, with prices that high you're actually throwing sales away.

Look at me.  If I could easily buy the weapon I want within reason, I'd do it.  If it's something I can't easily farm, and it's too expensive to buy, I'll simply go without.

That's where the prices hurt DE instead of help.  You could sell 100 items for 50$, or 1000 items for 10$.  That's player logic.  If it's in small enough increments, players will buy them without a second thought.  But when it's a massive investment, players will think of alternatives.

Besides this is digital stuff.  Takes no effort to actually "produce" the good.  So drop the prices, let players buy it up because I know we all would.  You'll end up making more money in the long run.  Especially since this is a virtual currency.  Higher prices mean you lose sales, not make more per sale.

EDIT:   Oh yeah, you might also want to negotiate a method for players to buy platinum with steam bucks. Currently you only have some packages available on steam that I don't believe many players are interested in.

I got $50 in Steam Bucks burning a hole in my pocket....just sayin'

Edited by Bakercompany86

If you don't want to pay more than 100-200 plat on a weapon, then farm up the materials. It's that simple. I don't see what's so complicated. 

You're merely asking DE to reduce the price because YOU DON'T WANT TO FARM THE MATERIALS for said weapons. 

DE has given us the ability to craft every single weapon on the market for free; you don't have to purchase it. 

Farming the materials is a burden sure, but on the other hand you don't pay 200 plat for said weapon. You can spend up to 46 plat on weapon slots AND a catalyst. That's more than 75% - 80% off a weapon. 

If you don't want to pay more than 100-200 plat on a weapon, then farm up the materials. It's that simple. I don't see what's so complicated. 

You're merely asking DE to reduce the price because YOU DON'T WANT TO FARM THE MATERIALS for said weapons. 

DE has given us the ability to craft every single weapon on the market for free; you don't have to purchase it. 

Farming the materials is a burden sure, but on the other hand you don't pay 200 plat for said weapon. You can spend up to 46 plat on weapon slots AND a catalyst. That's more than 75% - 80% off a weapon. 

Saying "But, but but, you can farm the mats!" Has nothing to do with the price whatsoever, and doesn't excuse the pricing.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Microtransactions must be the most abundant because... most people will be turned off by having to pay 15-30$ for a single random weapon or warframe when they can buy a full AAA game with around twice that.

Then you can make bundles and sell powerful stuff for higher prices for the guys with serious cash.

Issue is that this is bad for DE. Because grinding for free does not pay DE.

Having more sane pricing would bring much more cash to them, and thus possibly a better game in the future.

Verbally attacking? Seriously?

How sensitive can you get...

Report whatever you like. Not a single thing I have said could be considered an "attack".

People tend to resort to stupid tactics once their arguments are fundamentally debunk.

Bunch of narcs

A price drop on frames would probably bother lots of players.

People that bought it with plat before would want some kind of small refund, and players that farmed them would feel as if they wasted time knowing that people are just buying them on the spot.

Situations like this are very subjective. I personally like the idea of playing the game to unlock things. Of course, we aren't being forced to buy items via plat, but it's just seeing the option there that bothers players sometimes.

Look at all those EA games that let you practically unlock entire games for only a few bucks. Again, they're not mandatory purchases but some players feel that it's kind of a ridiculous option to offer in the first place.

So DE should keep on charging ridiculous prices so players won't feel like that they got screwed over?  Pretty sure most of those people would get over it knowing that they'd be able to get future frames/weapons/etc at a more fair price rather than having to pay the ridiculous ones we have now.

Edited by Aggh

People tend to resort to stupid tactics once their arguments are fundamentally debunk.

Bunch of narcs

My statement was never challenged or threatened. He called it stupid because of thirty dollar weapons and 500 hour grind times. Neither of which exist.

But I get that you think my counter argument is debunk. As you are supporting a straw man attack I forward the same proposal to you minus the report as you've done nothing unkind.

Its one thing to state opinion on the original topic, and another to support a opinion attacking another on a foundation of data that doesn't exist. What I would recommend is you take his numbers and fix them to form a real counter argument, or just simply state that you are agaisnt this or better yet show positivity and say you are for the OP in some way.

Those are all productive support the community be productive stick it to my numbers :D. Ill even help, I had 120k kills when I received my second 75% coupon. That adds some measure of time required to already small scale numbers. Lets get some real communication going in here rather than flaming.