Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ashs Bladestorm Devstream 60 (Thank You Scott)

xLordKogax

Dang i knew i was forgetting something i put in another post on some other forum that all the warframes should hav some type of power saving mechanic for themselves with a certain ability like frost's snowglobe would reduce the cost of his powers when inside it. Ash's save would be n his 4th along with excal and valkyr so they can get more production during there time in theses states. The others would have the power reduction and/or increased damage to other powers when they use certain abilities. I want to be able to use the powers for every1 almost as much as i use weapons.

Edited by (PS4)marcellusg90

First off all I want to Thank Geoff, and Rebecca.

Devstream 60 it proves that they Hear us even though they havent acknowledged any particular person and told us 

"Hey we like your idea and we may observe it and it will be subject to change"

Im fine with that

This isnt about whose idea gets implemented hear because im sure this whole community has great concepts that i have been inspired from aswell and this thread has flourished.

I wanna get to the point but first I need to reiterate Devstream 60 and Geoff's statement.

"Ashs Bladestorm can potentially be switched to this type of casting ability"

Rebecca the says after Geoff acknowledges the fact that he reads the threads.

EXALTED BLADE

The idea should be the same in a sense as Hysteria,Exalted Blade, and Peacemaker aswell will get these Retro active ability reworks.

My idea.

BLADESTORM

*Casting bladestorm ash becomes invisible while he doesnt attack gains and gains movement speed with a smoke

shadow trail. attacks reveals Ash/Clones. 

*Attacks render Ash visible and attacks that Connect Render him Invincible in animation.

*When Ash attacks and is revealed his invisibility goes away and releases a Burst of smoke like smokescreen that  chokes enemies in a Range (Depending on range mods)

*This will work like before enemies Marked glow Red and are choked by smoke.

*Ash  attacks one enemy with his Clones and is chained like Exalted Blade/Hysteria

*Casting Shuriken Ash/Clones throw 2 shuriken each being 6 and Your damage scales like Exalted blade off Melee mods sine Bladestorm is Melee.

Clones disappear when not attacking and Ash goes invisible

I think Bladestorms Hidden Blades should be changed in order to make this look nicer and emphasize on the Ideas damage type (Finisher/Slash)

The camera is the same and the attacks are fast similar to this video.

Enemies that die are severed as a result of Bladestorm because (Finisher/Slash)

Range determines the choke cloud that disperses when Ash attacks

Enemies caught in range opens them to finishers and allies aswell.

Smoke screen is castable and has a duration of 8 secs (Duration mods dont apply) costs same energy.

This ability is a drain and has a Toggle like Hysteria and Exalted Blade.

I say it should also have a Stance Like EB but w.e Dev thinks is fine. each strike shouled emphasize a Slash effect like the slash Gif here and EB's Blade waves kinda but on the enemies Ash/Clones Strike simultaneously.

I dont need to talk much since im sure DE get the idea but I wanted to speak My vision of Bladestorm and let the Videos and Gifs speak more since video referencing is more easier to visualize. I have faith that DE will make a Great decision with Ashs Bladestorm and I want to Motivate them and My fellow members of all Platforms in this Community to read and share your ideas with this on coming Rework.

As they said not only Ashs Bladestorm but Hysteria and Peacemaker are getting this more interactive style of casting ability. Im very excited and proud that they hear our voices and I want to that You Geoff and all of DE for  hearing us and making this a Great game. I hope you enjoyed My ideas. :) 

ClbhZ7.gif

31221012.effect.gif

Watch video in 50 seconds Yoshimitsu does a BS 

New concept for Ash ability inspiration 34 seconds in his Ulti looks like a good Bladestorm

Bladestorm is his Ultimate and should feel Ultimate, not just a Panic button.

I hope You all appreciate My hard research and time spent gathering these concepts and influences from Games like Shinobi Ninja Gaiden Hiryu Strider gave me this vision League of Legends Champions Zed and Master Yi

Thank You Zounderth, Fulcrvm, and my buddy (PS4) GR13V4NC3, and Crackbeard for the advice and ideas

I also wanna thank DragonBlack175 for his support and concepts check his thread and show some love, we wouldnt make this possible without each other. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/525900-the-aspect-of-smoke-full-ash-rework-suggestion/page-3#entry5938777

Hope yall like 

xKogax

This fits as a good interactive bladestorm every enemy You attack like Exalted Blade/Hyseria possibily Peacemaker will work like this too.

Read my thread as I completely changed the name and concept :)

Thank You all for your support. Thank You DE Geoff and Rebecca all of you the whole Staff Great Game :)

In the recent devstream (60) they did say they would add a new mechanic to it, to add interaction like Atlas' slidepunch, you do something....to much info to compress here but thats gonnaa prlly happen in 17.7 or some later hotfix after 17.5

would be amazing if it were 17.5 but no dates were announced. Ash is getting love

full rework? idk but hey fury mod now affects bladestorm, much faster.

Holy S#&$ fury affects bladestorm? Since when was this? That explains why bladestorm on my Ash ends before his smoke screen ends.

I feel like im the ONLY Ash player that actually likes the cutscene cinematic nature of Bladestorm.

IMO its unlike other abilities and it looks awesome. Its a sniper nuke. I don't get why people want to turn him into another Excal/Valk.

Edited by Hypernaut1

There are other frames who could benefit much more from tweaks. Ash in no way needs a priority change.

Its still Happening sir you havent been watching Devstreams lately have You? o_0

xD Sorry My bad I wil post the Video I figured everyone knew this was Happening soon to Ash. :P

If You feel lazy and dont wanna watch the full video skip to 34:35 mins

I suggest You watch it all tho Cuz Hysteria and Peacemaker are getting Reworked aswell as Bladestorm thats why I switched My thread name cause Geoff does see our ides and Bladestorm is not Active its a 4 to Ninja Movie. Its Great I love BS but needs animation and interactivity.  

I feel like im the ONLY Ash player that actually likes the cutscene cinematic nature of Bladestorm.

IMO its unlike other abilities and it looks awesome. Its a sniper nuke. I don't get why people want to turn him into another Excal/Valpeople just taking words right outta DE, since warframe should have "similarities" they thought that exalted blade should be everywhere. i personally love bladestorm as it it, just needs some interaction, animation reworks...camera angles and yeah

IMO its unlike other abilities and it looks awesome. Its a sniper nuke. I don't get why people want to turn him into another Excal/Valk.

thats totally fine, but the problem is that the animation often fucks up as u can see here: http://s827.photobuc...ibmine.jpg.html

(that pics are a comparison, sometimes it looks great, sometimes not) Also with the changes to finisher-speed BS have become pretty fast which also totally fucks up the cinematic effect.

fixing this animations would be great, but it wouldnt fix ashs other problems, btw the drain is only a suggestion, if u have a look on my thread u have a similiar duration based alternative to my buddys suggestion: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/525900-the-aspect-of-smoke-full-ash-rework-suggestion/#entry5890696

Edited by Dragonblack175

thats totally fine, but the problem is that the animation often fucks up as u can see here: http://s827.photobuc...ibmine.jpg.html

(that pics are a comparison, sometimes it looks great, sometimes not) Also with the changes to finisher-speed BS have become pretty fast which also totally fucks up the cinematic effect.

fixing this animations would be great, but it wouldnt fix ashs other problems, btw the drain is only a suggestion, if u have a look on my thread u have a similiar duration based alternative to my buddys suggestion: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/525900-the-aspect-of-smoke-full-ash-rework-suggestion/#entry5890696

totally agree, and the other thing about Bladestorm is that you cant tell whether you activated it right at first. This happened to me first time i ayed Ash, i had no idea how to activate and when i did, hthe camera just pans all over so suddenly, after few more instances thats when i notice clones. There should be so.esort of initiql animation to know wht youre about to do, this is most appropriate fof new players.

You must not know I can play any Warframe and have good gear and invested in 2 maxed Arcane Trickerys since Raid release Update 16

I even commented on Mogamu's video confirming 2 Trickerys is Great because he didnt confirm Arcane Trickery was worth the Time.

photo.jpg?sz=50
Youre really forgetting the Bypass Nullifiers arcane Trickery offers. This is the key to why I use it
Reply · 

photo.jpg?sz=50
Wassup Mogamu, I watchalot of Your videos and I will say this. Trickery is Worth it. im not the type to give away my secrets but I have learned alot from youre video builds soo Why not show love back. I have Arcane trickery maxed both on my Ash Locust helm and My Pyra Syandana. I proc my trickery 3-4-even 5xs time per Bladestorm. Sometimes it doesnt proc but with Ash this thing is worth it. Loki i dont recommend. You can play around with different variations but This is best used for Ash. i realized that it procs most with Ash because he has clones and that turns 10% to 30% Chance since his Clones may proc and him himself but im not 100% sure. I can only say I main Ash and I am a Trickery user been running it for awhile now and It makes me happy. I can Draco solo up to 12 rounds and I can T4 anything solo or Carry. Check me out in game "ShadowsofKoga" same on Forums thank You
Reply · 

LOOK AT THE DATE^^^ xD Yes My gmail name is Hattori Hanzo xD

All the sudden Arcane Trickery Ash is the Style I see guys doing it now and I was one of the First running Trickerys in Draco and T4 anything Solo and with Squads I even Ran Raid with Ash and did great. xD

The point is I know Ash and I can promise You my ideas are only to keep Ashs Whole Kit the same (Names and  All)

SHURIKEN:
SMOKE SCREEN:
TELEPORT:
BLADESTORM:

Will all still exist, i only invision to Make Ash His Full Potential and need no change. The Mechanics will change for the better of Ash and We should be able to Kill more then 18 enemies and feel the Accomplishment along with a better camera angle visual effects and better Finisher Animation with Clones More Gore and emphasis on his damage Archtype (Finisher/Slash) and My Visions of Ninja Lore (Omni-slash/Alpha-Strike) I can promise you Bladestorms cuttscenes are Lack Luster and can be alot better I watch ally Ash players do Bladestorm and it looks better for the soul purpose the cameras not running wild and I see Ash and his Clones attack and disappear and smoke trails him and *POOF* where ever he appears and reappears.

Why not implement that as not only a visual affect for Bladestorm but a Mechanic and Utility that will benefit Ash and his allies?

Smoke clouds that disperse in an area where Ash/Clones attack other enemies become stunned/choked by these clouds and open to Finishers for Ashs next attack or Allies can attack The clouds can follow where ever Ash/Clones Attack in a Radius/AoE and Your Range mods alter your clouds reach duration doesnt affect.

There are choices in my Bladestorm Idea You can use Shuriken and Youre Clones will appear and you project 2+4=6 because Youre Clones also throw 2 each xD

You can cast smoke screen and duration is set to 8 secs, this works to choke enemies and strike while in Bladestorm

Teleport is free-aimed 5/10/15 ms max and disperses a cloud stun at 5ms

and You can also cancel Bladestorm by pressing (4) This drain works Perfect as the new way to make Damage Ultimates because its more interactive and I assure You Ash will not lose his Nuke, Infact will be balanced, I have suggested when Ash is in Bladestorm not attacking You go Invisible but still can receive damage but youre Unseen. When Attacking Ash/Clones (2) are Revealed and Rendered Invincible while releasing these smoke clouds that obviosly Provide CC and not only benefits Ash but his Team. Think about it

Edited by xLordKogax

My concept is full control and View of Ash/Clones and New and Better visuals and Mechanics with youre whole kit in Bladestorm inspired from

Exalted Blade but transformed to fit Ashs play style and Kit. In no way is it a Copy as Valkyrs Hysteria was the First ability like this and DE made EB which has Innovated what Warframe will become.

Control, Interactive this is more appropriate for Bladestorm and actually helps Ash in soo many ways End Game and his Team

Look at this You cant see Me ofcoarse (Trickery xD) but You see The Smoke? I should look similar but Better more Thicker and choke the enemies Near by that arent under attack. This opens a Window of opportunity for the Players Ash/Clones next Strike. The options arent limited to these attacks You can also throw Shurikens with your clones smoke screens to stun. This makes Ash a CC Finisher Frame. xD Where You go The essence of the Shadows will reflect on Your Team :D

11260880_984667294913151_174243473_o.jpg

WTF this thread has gotten some attention did Your idea get DEs attention Koga? I told you be positive You have great ideas and you know Ash as good as players who been here since beta. I see you changed all your ideas and i think they were great but i see what you are intending on here.

Watching Devstream 60 i see that the DEs have checked up on all Ash  threads and i am sure your thread is one of them on the list.

Im not sure why this topic hasnt made it popular yet but i trust your ideals are excellent Koga. Being in clan with You and hearing your ideas and concepts shows you know about not only Ash but Japanese lore and Ninjas in general. 

Great work buddy You make Ash players proud :)

honestly i like ash the way he is... i like that he can cover alot of enemies very quickly, changing him to be interactive will definately hamper that.

oh wells... change is enevitable in this game, this is sure to be one of them.

I understand and I wouldnt Love Ash if he wasnt a great Frame, He is the reason I came to Warframe. But when I started playing I realized some of his abilities are lack luster and my expectations of him were let down. There are few things i think can be added to his already kit to make him reach his full potential.

SHURIKEN isnt bad but could be better.

SMOKE SCREEN ok, not worried about the duration much but the supposable CC it is said to provide is mediocre and I highly suggest a choke cloud that stays up for the casted duration allowing entry to SMOKE SHADOW and opening enemies up for Finishers

TELEPORT is difficult to use for people with lack of precision aim like (ME) xD The actual Teleport at times still allows enemies to escape and we cant use a shorter Free-aim teleport which would allow players to use teleport more often instead of forgetting the ability in general.

BLADESTORM is a great Ulltimate but due to it being a Cutscene and a BAD ONE at that makes alot of people disappointed about Ash and makes him Lack Luster, although the abilities Great dealing Finisher/Slash damage with a bleed proc and invincibility isnt enough. Albeit the animations tbh are terribly designed but tbh Bladestorm is an awesome ability with Great Potential. I think making BS similar to Exalted Blade will innovate Bladestorm if DE does it correct (which I have faith they will) could add new possibilities within Bladestorm and the option to do what you want instead of pressing 4 and forced to watch animation afetr animation of Kills that Ash doesnt even appear on screen at times.

BS could be a great ability damage wise, but if it isnt visually appealing and takes away the control from our hands someone will complain and want it changed. Dont consider it a Nerf, read My suggestion and try to visualize the concept then let me know what you think and if there are details that could be fixed or anything that should be added or something I missed.

I REALLY like the idea of a movement speed buff when not attacking to give players total control towards how they want to use this power and to whom to assassinate and whom to simply run past. 

All my +1!

Thank You for Your support, I didnt expect My thread to make it this far. I have seen too much negative feeds on most of my concepts just because they are all about Ash.

I have come to understand why most dont like Ash and i mean who doesnt like a Ninja when the slogan is ofcoarse 

NINJAS PLAY FREE

People are let down by his lack luster abilities compared to others obviously being Loki, and only Narrow Minded people bring this up but most people look for what is better or efficient and Loki has more duration but this doesnt make Loki better, what renders loki better to the communities eyes is the Fact he provides end game utility 

CROWD CONTROL

Ash cant provide anything for end game content like Raids which require this specific mechanic and wher he excels in others claim there are Frames that do a Better job. If Ash provided some of the concepts I suggest I am 100% sure he will be viable in End Game content and even his augment will benefit from this 100% more.

This augment already states that my idea isnt just a greedy concept to Buff Ash and make him more damage dealing but a Team Player

that is SMOKE SHADOW a mod meant to be utilized for Team Play not solo and Ash should Never be considered and used only for SOLO.

Warframe isnt a SOLO Based Game.

Just My opinions about My #1 Main Frame

What is about ur other suggestions for his abilities, why arent teleport dash and so on in ur thread? the focus on BS is great, but not only that needs a tweak of course.

That was implemented into Bladestorm mode, since DE is focusing on Bladestorm reworks I wanted to Inspire them to design these concepts with in Bladestorm mode.

Note:

Shuriken in Bladestorm

Smoke Screen in Bladestorm

Teleport in Bladestorm

These abilities are all functional in Bladestorm and allow freedom to choose how we dispatch enemies

Only thing i needed was to add a Combo tree along with the Stance. Bladestorm can be a great stance as Exalted Blade.

EXALTED BLADE STORM? xD The evolution is near and i know most are going to say why copy EB but DE already plan to do so atleast from what I heard last stream soo why not encourage some great concepts into this new Bladestorm

That was implemented into Bladestorm mode, since DE is focusing on Bladestorm reworks I wanted to Inspire them to design these concepts with in Bladestorm mode.

Note:

Shuriken in Bladestorm

Smoke Screen in Bladestorm

Teleport in Bladestorm

These abilities are all functional in Bladestorm and allow freedom to choose how we dispatch enemies

Only thing i needed was to add a Combo tree along with the Stance. Bladestorm can be a great stance as Exalted Blade.

EXALTED BLADE STORM? xD The evolution is near and i know most are going to say why copy EB but DE already plan to do so atleast from what I heard last stream soo why not encourage some great concepts into this new Bladestorm

Ye i know, but how about ur thoughts to rework his whole kit?

Ye i know, but how about ur thoughts to rework his whole kit?

Thats not up to Me anymore. I have conveyed My ideas and I can only Hope DE makes the right choice.

The only ability that really needed a rework Badly is Bladestorm but I doo agree his entire kit could use a QoL.

Shuriken could scale with melee mods (Bladestorm too)

Smoke Screen should stay up and choke enemies who enter (Same duration)

Teleport could have a free-aim short range smoke/dash teleport function

Bladestorm could synergize all in 1 like Exalted Blade.

Im sure everyone who has read my thread that knows how Koga feels about Ash knows my ideas by heart now.

Now we can only pray DE make Ash shine and represent use Real Ash Players

Edited by xLordKogax

Thats not up to Me anymore. I have conveyed My ideas and I can only Hope DE makes the right choice.

The only ability that really needed a rework Badly is Bladestorm but I doo agree his entire kit could use a QoL.

Shuriken could scale with melee mods (Bladestorm too)

Smoke Screen should stay up and choke enemies who enter (Same duration)

Teleport could have a free-aim short range smoke/dash teleport function

Bladestorm could synergize all in 1 like Exalted Blade.

Im sure everyone who has read my thread that knows how Koga feels about Ash knows my ideas by heart now.

Now we can only pray DE make Ash shine and represent use Real Ash Players

lol we gotit by nowman, point dragonblack is mqking is that his ogher tewaeks could b amed as well. not all inclusve in BS, hving tgem gt full potential from exalted mode mades is seem like its for unskilled guys. Ninja game is all about utility and hard &#! work...thatz why he doesnt evn poses CC countermeasures....but prolly he willsoon

exalted blade idea is not original and wont make sense onash