Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On The Killing Floor 2 Update

TheErebus.

Blood and guts everywhere. LIKE DRENCH YOURSELF AND PAINT THE WALLS WITH ZED BLOOD, THAT IS HOW GORY THE NEW UPDATE IS.

But you need a good PC to run it all (Gibs and Fluid). 

The new gore system IS OPTIONAL. 

Demo perk: 

This perk is pretty much in the game just to see all the blood and gibs fly everywhere, which is fine, but as it stands, it's pretty underwhelming. The weapons, while useful, aren't really that good and leave much to be desired. I haven't gotten far yet to see the perk upgrades in action, but from the looks of them, I'd say they're ok.

Firebug perk:

Holy god I love this perk so damn much. Why?
Microwave gun.

Which makes the Zeds become a pile of bloody goop.

The other weapons are pretty good too, but like I said, I haven't gotten far enough to see the upgrades in action. 

Maps:
Catacombs: I love this map, the setting and the way it's designed allows for some careful planning and on the brightness I use, it looks wonderful. 

Evacuation Point: I'm not a fan of this map, to me it feels and looks a lot like Burning Paris. 

Conclusion: A pretty good update. Still no Sharpshooter perk though...

Edited by TheSpookyGhost

All the new tech this year for PC has been impressive. Between the 900 series, DX12 and now the Skylake processors, really massive jump in what devs can do because of the vastly superior hardware available over a year or two ago.

Edited by Ceryk

All the new tech this year for PC has been impressive. Between the 900 series, DX12 and now the Skylake processors, really massive jump in what devs can do because of the vastly superior hardware available over a year or two ago.

THE GORE MAN 

THE GORE PHYSICS.

THE FLUIDS

THE ORGANS.

IT'S BYOOTIFUL.

while i'd like to see how Flex works in a real time, real environment, i can't afford to. whatever.

note that Perks feeling like there's stuff missing is because THERE IS STUFF MISSING.

people are whining that Demo is useless. well it's not like every Class is missing almost 3/4 of the Weapons they're going to have or anything.

however, Demo's Passives are super lame. more Damage, more Ammo, and protect yourself.

yay...

not interesting. statistically useful, but not interesting.

i'm rather disappoint that the Flamethrower isn't Napalm based this time. fuel based is okay i guess, but all you can do is light them, and if they need to die quicker, DPS them.

boring.

where's my Napalm based Flamethrower? :|

also Caulk & Burn is very uninspired. just a downgraded Flamethrower. :|

atleast Winchester 1897 is back, and this time with Dragon's Breath that actually works like Dragon's Breath! yay! was already something of a favorite, now it's more so.

- - - - -

Catacombs is pretty interesting, yes.

Evacuation Point may not be visually that impressive, but it's layout is quite conducive to surviving. but... the Teleporting system is surely going to be tweaked many times to make it less likely to cheat.

Edited by taiiat

while i'd like to see how Flex works in a real time, real environment, i can't afford to. whatever.

also Caulk & Burn is very uninspired. just a downgraded Flamethrower. :|

The Flex physics works quite well. Sometimes I notice a very small framerate drop when I'm close to an explosion and all I see is blood and gibs, but aside from that, it's really good.

Honestly I don't mind the Caulk & Burn that much. I would've liked it to act a bit differently.

BUT THE MICROWAVE GUN.

IS BYOOTIFUL.

I don't quite get the Napalm vs. Fuel thing.

Edited by TheSpookyGhost

I don't quite get the Napalm vs. Fuel thing.

the Flamethrower in Killing Floor 2 is ONLY useful for lighting Enemies on fire and pure DPS.

the Flamethrower in Killing Floor was Napalm based, letting it set burning traps. Molotovs can do this, but the Flamethrower only having one purpose this time makes it bland. there's only one way to use it - dump some Ammunition into an Enemy, let it burn. didn't die? repeat.

yawn.

Napalm based Flamethrowers also have more range. can hit Enemies further out, they're quite accurate.

not to mention generally much more intense burning (so instead of just hot enough to sear flesh and cook, can be hot enough to melt iron). the game doesn't recognize this though. burning is burning.

performance drops are extremely subjective, since i don't know the situation that it's running in there. i don't know if no drops should be expected due to the resources available, or if it's actually a lot more efficient than it seems like it could be for realtime.

Edited by taiiat