Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet Jump And Player Collision While In Air

Wotca

This situation comes up if you like to jump once then bullet jump to cover horizontal distance.  If you perform this maneuver and a fellow tenno runs in front of you, you will launch straight up.  This mechanic doesn't serve any purpose and just adds an undesirable quirk to the bullet jump.  To make it feel more smooth bullet jump should behave normally and go toward your crosshair if you make contact with a fellow tenno while jumping.

Just don't hold space. That is the Mario animation and mechanic DE added so we could jump on enemy heads. If you are not holding space when you come in contact with an enemy or another Tenno you will not try to squash them like a mushroom.

Hmm maybe I am just pushing buttons in an awkward way I guess.  But I'm not holding it right before I attempt to bullet jump.  I jump once by tapping space, hold Ctrl and tap Space again to bullet jump forward.  If there's a dude in front of me I latch on and fly straight up.  It's the act of even tapping space that makes you Mario on them, but you need to push that to bullet jump.

Can't say I've ever crashed into another Tenno, either I pinball off a wall hilariously or I'm purposely aiming at an enemy for an awesome lunging aerial melee.

Not the first of the friendly-fire-esque issues, considering naturally penetrating arrows apparently can't go through your fellow tenno like it does with literally everything else.