The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recommend A Pistol Good For Late Game (Level 200+ Enemies, Void)?

MagicRen

Question

At that point you might as well be shooting water guns.

I can't really recommend anything except maybe the vaykor merlock or brakk.

You have no hope unless your running the usual void meta team build packed with CC and 4x CP.

God knows why you would do that to yourself voluntarily.

Seriously, no weapon will help you.

God speed tenno.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Uhh... Tysis? If you're citing high armor against level 200+ then that means you aren't running quad Corrosive Projection, so you absolutely need an armor peeler. The Tysis excels at this like no other given its pure corrosive damage and 100% status chance. It's not your primary source of damage, but it'll make things actually killable deep into a solo run or just running non-CP auras.

Yeah all the ones suggested are good, but for some reason no one ever thinks that Secura Dual Cestra or Sancti Castanas are viable. Cestra is puncture, has a radiation syndicate blast, and can have corrosive in order to take down any type of armor and CC with radiation at the same time. Add Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion, they are quite effective. Castanas have procs everywhere and an AoE, and are considerably high damage. Also great for crowd control. Not to mention corrosive syndicate blast that also heals you.

I haven't finished putting a ton of forma on my Atomos, but I'd probably have to say it's likely one of the best options due to the crowd control aspect, which is really impressive once you put a ruinous extension on it.

As for other options that I'd recommend, the Vaykor Marelok, and the Lex Prime come to mind. But yeah, if you aren't running tons of corrosive projections you're gonna have a bad time.

Vaykor Marlok is my recommendation Very high damage and good accuracy, sure it is primarily impact but with 4 corrosive projections that doesn't matter. Also the Justice proc is extremely useful for the AoE knockdown, health and Armor boost.

Other secondries I recommend are the Rakta Ballistica, Lex Prime (puncture counterpart to the Vaykor Marelok and very good for solo play), the Trusty old Brakk and for your squishy Caster Frames I definitely recommend the Furis with the Winds of Purity augment (essentially turns your garbage Furis into a Health restore kit, it is extremely useful)

Yeah all the ones suggested are good, but for some reason no one ever thinks that Secura Dual Cestra or Sancti Castanas are viable. Cestra is puncture, has a radiation syndicate blast, and can have corrosive in order to take down any type of armor and CC with radiation at the same time. Add Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion, they are quite effective. Castanas have procs everywhere and an AoE, and are considerably high damage. Also great for crowd control. Not to mention corrosive syndicate blast that also heals you.

Personally the Secura Dual Cestras are one of my personal favourite sidearms in the game (when U11 hit PS4 the regular cestra was one of the first weapons I crafted and I used it in almost every mission).

I say the Secura Dual Cestras are OK but the huge glaring problem with these pistols are that they have a long reload time, High ammo consumption with low ammo reserves and the biggest problem of them all is the Ridiculous recoil which makes sustained fire nearly impossible (unless you have steady hands equiped), not to mention you are relying on pure damage with these pistols since Status and Crit chance are low, and also when the Multishot nerf hits us Bullet hoses are going to be hit hard. You may argue that the redeeming factor to these pistols is the Sequence effect but that is only useful for the Radiation AoE since Shields are nowhere near as useful as health (unless you play as volt or mag a lot where you have more shields than health)

The Secura Dual Cestras definitely need a buff.

The Sancti Castanas on the other hand are amazing for stealth and have the 100% electricty proc on every hit, I use these on most of my Spy and Rescue missions.

Edited by (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e

I suggest the Furis for its healing capability. Primaries are far better for lategame due to the presence of top-tier slash damage weapons in a 4x CP environment (Dread, Sancti Tigris, etc) and monstrocities like the Tonkor and Vaykor Hek. Why not have a healing gun as a secondary?

youll die from one bullet, leaving no room to heal

Edited by Kotoge

At a level like that, you need some method of completely removing Armor and probably some powerful damage boost like Molecular Prime or it won't even matter what gun you bring.

youll die from one bullet, leaving no room to heal

Uhh... Tysis? If you're citing high armor against level 200+ then that means you aren't running quad Corrosive Projection, so you absolutely need an armor peeler. The Tysis excels at this like no other given its pure corrosive damage and 100% status chance. It's not your primary source of damage, but it'll make things actually killable deep into a solo run or just running non-CP auras.

At that point you might as well be shooting water guns.

You have no hope unless your running the usual void meta team build packed with CC and 4x CP.

God knows why you would do that to yourself voluntarily.

Seriously, no weapon will help you.

God speed tenno.

Basically this.

If you plan on trying to solo a endless T4 until you get LVL200+ enemies...

Good luck & have fun I suppose, if you ever make it in your lifetime, do tell me.

A Corrupted Heavy Gunner has 25258 Ferrite Armor, 387772 Cloned Flesh HP and deals 4463 damage PER SHOT at that level.

Not to mentioned the spawn rates of Eximus at that level.

Edited by Zolfan

4cp and Pyrana, Akjagara.

If you are going to use puncture you will need 1 minute to kill a target with armor using corrosive, if not 4cp, Bring a Banshee with Sonic Fracture and Ressonance for max possible damage.

Agains armor you will face 95% damage reduction plus Healers auras.

So o sugest 4CP with Viral and Eletric do deal with Eximus Fusio moas shields.

4cp and Pyrana, Akjagara.

If you are going to use puncture you will need 1 minute to kill a target with armor using corrosive, if not 4cp, Bring a Banshee with Sonic Fracture and Ressonance for max possible damage.

Agains armor you will face 95% damage reduction plus Healers auras.

So o sugest 4CP with Viral and Eletric do deal with Eximus Fusio moas shields.

+1   lots players forget 4cp not only viral but you have to throw on electric and also  Status ftw  

Edited by SlapClown

Cestra stops being effective at lvl100 enemies (with 2x Dmg buff from rhino roar), about 60min T3/T4D. You'll spend a whole clip of 100 mag to kill a bombard. At that point it's only use is the radiation CC.

Five forma Secura Cestra, recently tested.

Definitely not viable against lvl200s.