The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Sniper Ammo Pool Bug

Jackel7

Allow me to set up the screen I was on a syndicate Sabotage mission with the following equipped: warframe: Loki prime,Primary: Rakta Cernos, Secondary: Sancti Castanas Melee: Hate.

So things get weird, I spawn and i'm met by a handful of Grineers I fire 4 arrows taking out four of them. Then I remember I got the gunslinger challenger, I was planning on being a bit stealthy so my Sancti Castanas which was the lowest rate out of equipped weapons could get some exp but the challenge was a bonus.

Or so I thought, after dealing with four addition Grineers I ran out of ammo for S. Castanas. My reaction was "meh back to Rakta Cernos then".

But I switched to my melee weapon, thinking that my finger(s) just slipped I try to go to my primary again. Nope melee weapon again, "huh?" came to mind but I couldn't focus on that because I was taking incoming fire.

So now with the room clean I checked my weapons: S.Castanas 0/0 Me: well duh, Rakta Cernos 68 going by my math but  it was zero. Me:o.0 how when I only fire 4 arrows?!  So I go to my gear and used a large ammo reastore S. Castanas regain all it ammo and Rakta Cernos got all 30 arrows back wait WHAT?! So I thought S.castanas got most of the ammo I drop a second Large ammo restore total arrow: 30.

TL:DR  If Sancti Castanas is your secondary and you have a bow for your primary S. Castanas will nerf and drain ammo from your bow!

Welcome to the clube. Forum already have over 9000 topics about this "FEATURE" .  This feature is part of game politic: We messed up with ammo of secondary launchers let's say it's a feature and work as intended. GL HF.

Edited by Necr0Ra1se

How is this a feature? Bow uses BOW ammo not sniper. Now if it were vectis sure, thats sniper (right?) Kinda lame it lowers the pool in either case but regardless it doesnt seem right that bow ammo is suddenly sniper only in these situations yet cant resupply with it. Or at all based onother posts. Either way this sounds buggy to me and needs to be addressed much more efficiently.

As a side observation, considering castanas are one of the few silent secondaries, it would be rather unfortunate and honestly rather silly to make it incompatible with one of the few silent primaries.  Makes those who enjoy stealth play forced to take additional steps (hush etc..) just to remain silent while not compromising ammo pools.

Yes I could use throwing knives/stars, but why should I have to if I want castanas plus bow?  Makes little sense.

TL:DR  Its gone on long enough, FIX SNIPER AMMO BUG(S)

Edited by Xekrin